Windows 10: Any fix for the Search tab new behavior?

Discus and support Any fix for the Search tab new behavior? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I remember that, with previous versions of Windows 10, if the user clicked inside the search field in File Explorer, the Search tab was there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Paultx Win User

Any fix for the Search tab new behavior?

I remember that, with previous versions of Windows 10, if the user clicked inside the search field in File Explorer, the Search tab was there automatically. Now it appears only if the user clicks inside the field, enters something, and hits Enter or clicks on the arrow icon.

I found this Microsoft Community page Missing search tab - File Explorer (Windows 10 - 1909) - Microsoft Community where somebody asks about that, but in their case even with the steps above the Search tab wouldn't show up. Besides, it was the 1909 version of Windows 10.

One guy commented on that saying: "(...) there was a time when just clicking in the search field added the tab automatically, I do not know why Microsoft changes things that work so well."

The "old way" was easier, because the user could choose file types to search right from the Search tab options.

Any fix for the Search tab new behavior? [​IMG]

The way it is now, if I want to search for images I have to type espcie:imagem (Brazilian Portuguese for kindAny fix for the Search tab new behavior? :picture) in that field.

If I type jpg and hit Enter, I can use the Search bar drop-down menu to choose the Picture kind, but jpg will still be there in the field and, what's worse, the results will show other file types with jpg in them or related to them (like .txt, .js, .pdf, .reg files).

Is there a fix to make the Search tab work like before? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.508

:)

Paultx, Sep 11, 2020

2. Edge - new tab focus behavior

Is there a way to let Edge focus on the address bar once I open a new tab?

I experience the following behavior:

1. Open Edge
    2. Ctrl + t (new tab)
    3. Type e.g. www.myfavouriteaddress.com

Issue: The typing is ignored since the focus is not on the address bar.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything. Microsoft didn't answer on that.

I know I work around it like that, but I'm looking for a setting which let me change the default Ctrl + t behavior:

1. Open Edge
    2. Ctrl + t (new tab)
    3. Ctrl + l (focus on address bar)
    4. Type e.g. www.myfavouriteaddress.com

Environment

• Microsoft Edge 38.14393.2068.0
    • Windows 10 Enterprise

Bruno Bieri, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 11, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Any fix for the Search tab new behavior? - Similar Threads - fix Search tab

2. It's there any way to force all open folder behavior in tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's there any way to force all open folder behavior in tabs: When I call open folder in thirdparty application.Or like the ‘open file location’ menu. The picture ↓ By default it create a new file explorer window. This make the tab feature meaningless.So are there any ways to force the file explorer open a path in tabs any times?...
  3. It's there any way to force all open folder behavior in tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It's there any way to force all open folder behavior in tabs: When I call open folder in thirdparty application.Or like the ‘open file location’ menu. The picture ↓ By default it create a new file explorer window. This make the tab feature meaningless.So are there any ways to force the file explorer open a path in tabs any times?...
  4. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

in Cortana
    Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior: I disabled Cortana years ago... or so I thought. But starting today, whenever I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows which I do frequently, the second one in the list the default I will get if I only press Tab once is Cortana! If I select it, I get a box saying, "Sign in to...
  5. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior: I disabled Cortana years ago... or so I thought. But starting today, whenever I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows which I do frequently, the second one in the list the default I will get if I only press Tab once is Cortana! If I select it, I get a box saying, "Sign in to...
  6. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Alt+Tab behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+Tab behavior: I am looking for a way for Alt+Tab to take me back to the last window I was using. Right now when you hit Alt+Tab it takes you to another window of the same program if you have one open. For example, if I have an Explorer window and a Word file both open, and then I open...
  8. Disable the "TAB" behavior on paint.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable the "TAB" behavior on paint.: I don't understand the point of adding this feature when you press tab in a textbox and it doesn't tab at all but resizing my box without being able to edit text after. This is so annoying, why you don't understand people still use mouse and keyboard, not everyone have a...
  9. DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH PROBLEM: DELETE NEW TAB SEARCH WHICH APPEARS IN DIFFERENT PROGRAMS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-new-tab-search-problem/9a88bb0e-f1f8-4e12-a282-30d136d08776
  10. search strange behavior.

in Cortana
    search strange behavior.: Hello community. I have a directory that is properly indexed and all is fine. in it there are files containing Department_code but when i search for 'Department__c' (Two underscores) it is matching on 'Department_code' (one underscore) can someone explains this...