Windows 10: Any future for digital camera WiFi SD cards?

Discus and support Any future for digital camera WiFi SD cards? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few years ago, there was hope for SD cards that could be used to transfer digicam images as they were taken to a smartphone app or a desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by khl, Dec 3, 2018.

1. KHL
    khl Win User

Any future for digital camera WiFi SD cards?

A few years ago, there was hope for SD cards that could be used to transfer digicam images as they were taken to a smartphone app or a desktop computer.

More recently, that hope has faded. Eyefi seems to have gone out of business, and the company that purchased them, which used the Keenai brand name, has shut down their online service and encouraged people to use Toshiba FlashAir, with no further support for Eyefi.

So, what next? Will any company offer universally available WiFi SD cards for digital cameras, or can the concept be written off as a failed idea?

:)

2. NTFS format for SD cards for digital cameras

Dear Microsoft

Why would you make the only way that Windows 10 read a USB or SD card would be in NTFS format?

Every company in the world makes their cards for the digital cameras in Fat or Fat 32. Now when I take pictures with my digital camera Windows 10 will not read the card.

I have to:

• Put the SD card into my Windows 7 machine
    • Copy all of the files to the the W7 machine
    • Format the SD card to NTFS
    • Copy all of the files to the SD card
    • Put the SD card into my Windows 10 machine.
    • Copy files to my W10 machine
    • Put the SD card back into my camera
    • Reformat it on the camera so that I can use it again.
    • Repeat steps 1-8 everytime I want to use the SD card in my digital camera.
    This is beyond frustrating.

I just spent 20 hours with Microsoft online support to get learn this.

The above process is only for SD cards. Now I will have to take all of my USB sticks - copy all of the info to my Windows 7 machine, reformat the USB drive to NTFS then recopy it back to the USB so that I can use it on my W10 Machine.

What a complete waste of time and a total oversight on Microsoft's part.

Fix this issue immediately please!!!

StephenMoses403, Dec 3, 2018
  3. anatgonen Win User
    IP Camera to suggest - for recording on local SD

HI,
    I need a suggestion on an IP camera which can record a video stream directly on its local drive (SD card or some other card). I'm running a small business - a cafe and want to see what's happening inside when i'm out. Something like this online cam - http://www.viralcameras.com/0/posts...ates-online-camera-burlington-watch-cam-.html So i would be able to tilt it, to zoom it to see the recorded video afterwards.
    *68269-41118418dc995da43638494fd042370c.jpg*
    Also it would be a great if the camera would have a night vision and triggering record on motion detection.
    The preferable connection is wifi.
    The price is about up to 300$.
    Any suggestion is appreciated.
    Thank you.

anatgonen, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Any future for digital camera WiFi SD cards?

dorsetknob, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Any future for digital camera WiFi SD cards?

1. Any future for digital camera WiFi SD cards? - Similar Threads - future digital camera

2. Sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  3. Sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  4. How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card?: My Fuji digital camera has formatted it's SD card for it's own use. I can read the pictures in my Windows 10 PC, but I cannot reformat the card so I can use it for other things. Every attempt to reformat the SD card returns the error message about the card being "wright...
  5. Sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sd card: my windows 10 is not reading my verbatim micro sd adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/2e69c34c-15aa-4e16-99e9-d13afc29ab45
  6. SD card

SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  7. camera sd card

camera sd card: How can I on Windows 10 reformat an SD camera card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-sd-card/cf134290-828f-422b-b4dc-b90517b32df6
  8. SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card: How do I change the settings for what I do when I insert a SD card on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/75d8c53e-488f-49e9-b1ac-cbf995b30e5e"
  9. SD card

SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f
  10. Surface Studio not read any SD Card

Surface Studio not read any SD Card: This issue started 2 days ago No matter what SD Card I put in, the Surface Studio does not see it. I tried the Trouble Shooting but nothing came up and also try updating Please assist....