Windows 10: Any genuine sandbox stuff that preserves image after a re-boot

Discus and support Any genuine sandbox stuff that preserves image after a re-boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there For teaching students etc often using a VM is a good idea because each student can have "their own machine" - to do that efficiently the VM's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Apr 1, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Any genuine sandbox stuff that preserves image after a re-boot

Hi there
    For teaching students etc often using a VM is a good idea because each student can have "their own machine" - to do that efficiently the VM's need to be made non persistent otherwise you end up with zillions of different images !!!. The problem with that is the system loses all changes if a re-boot is required and some Windows installs / application installs require a re-boot.

The same is true of the Windows Sandbox system - surely someone out there must have written some logging software which would allow a user to "replay" the logs after a re-boot to restore the changes - this is quite common in database systems e.g SAP/MySQL etc if these crash and have to be re-started.

So anybody know of a decent Windows logger which could do that. Would be a brilliant aid for teaching students -- how about some of you younger and not so younger coders with a bit of spare time on your hands - could be a real money spinner. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Any genuine sandbox stuff that preserves image after a re-boot - Similar Threads - genuine sandbox stuff

2. Windows RE-Image not found after KB5028997

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RE-Image not found after KB5028997: After failing to install KB5034441 I found that the Windows-RE partition needed to be resized. I followed KB5028997 but could not re-enable Windows RE with the following error>reagentc /enable REAGENTC.EXE: Das Windows RE-Image wurde nicht gefunden.How can I enable Windows-RE...
  3. Windows RE-Image not found after KB5028997

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows RE-Image not found after KB5028997: After failing to install KB5034441 I found that the Windows-RE partition needed to be resized. I followed KB5028997 but could not re-enable Windows RE with the following error>reagentc /enable REAGENTC.EXE: Das Windows RE-Image wurde nicht gefunden.How can I enable Windows-RE...
  4. Windows RE-Image not found after KB5028997

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. re windows sandbox failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    re windows sandbox failed: just installed sandbox, but fails with error removed Hyper V as was told this may clash, but still get the error, anything else i can try ? thanks [img] 164991
  6. preserving thunderbird after each bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    preserving thunderbird after each bootup: Running windows 10. Despite reinstalling and able to use Thunderbird 68.7.0 for one session, after exiting computer and restarting, Thunderbird account has to be recreated all over again. Checked programs and features and it is not there, despite having been installed and...
  7. Privacy preserving image-based localization for augmented reality

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy preserving image-based localization for augmented reality: [ATTACH] New camera localization technology for sensitive environments can keep images and map data confidential Advances in augmented reality (AR) and mobile robotics promise to revolutionize how we see and interact with our physical world in the future. Today, AR and...
  8. Boot failure after enabling Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot failure after enabling Windows Sandbox: Hi All, After I've turn on Windows Sandbox feature and the PC is rebooting windows is crashing at boot multiple times. Only when I boot again with Safe mode, I get the following message: 'Windows couldn't complete the update/Undoing changes'. At EventViewer: "The...
  9. Does this USB Drive have the right stuff for Re-Boot ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does this USB Drive have the right stuff for Re-Boot ?: Hi, I have a 32GB Drive that has 3.4GB with the following content; Boot 17.3MB (Folders; en-us, fonts, resources) EFI 20MB (Folders: boot & Microsoft) Sources 3.34GB Support 395KB Logging AutoRun + Boot...
  10. Re-Imaging and re-selling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Imaging and re-selling: Hi folks I'm trying to get my head around the different types of Windows licencing and am starting to go around in circles.. so I figure that I would just ask the question and see if anyone can help make things clearer. If I or a company were to buy a bunch of new / store...