Windows 10: Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts

Discus and support Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there does anybody have any decent batch file renaming software or scripts. Here's a whole slew of music files from BBC Radio 3 -- what I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 30, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts

Hi there
    does anybody have any decent batch file renaming software or scripts.

Here's a whole slew of music files from BBC Radio 3 -- what I want is after the word Breakfast in the title to insert date and time (european format YYMMDD.HHMM -24 hr format.

Here's what the current files look like on HDD.

Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts [​IMG]

In my younger days I probably could have done this easily -- but these days I haven't done this type of stuff for Donkeys Years --hopefully some nice young smart brains will solve this for me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 30, 2016

2. Is there a quick and easy way to rename 7.x "Camera Roll" pictures to 8.x Format?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out a quick and easy way to rename my plethora of old WP 7.x camera roll pictures to sync with the "WP_YEARMonthDate_00#" format used by WP8. Has anyone seen a good batch script that does this already?

Overmind Ben, May 30, 2016
  3. amikhan1 Win User
    How to add a prompt dialog box through a batch file

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing good, I have a simple question where in i am trying to run two batch scripts and i want to add a prompt dialog box after the completion of one script so that once the user hits Yes the second batch file should not run if clicked on
    no it should execute the batch file

Your suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks

amikhan1, May 30, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

I assume you still have Photoshop CS6 installed? If so you could try using the Batch Rename tool in Adobe Bridge as firstly you already have it installed and secondly it's a pretty good Batch Rename tool.

Bridge > Tools > Batch Rename

These screenshots are from CS4, so they may be slightly different to yours in CS6. Also, I don't have any M4a files to try it with. The other thing you may need to experiment with is whether to use 'Date Modified' or 'Date Created' depending on the dates on the files. You can manually add dates by using a text field rather than a date field, but using date fields would obviously be better.

ARC1020, May 30, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

never thought of that one -- Brilliant --worked fine

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 30, 2016
  6. RolandJS Win User
    If the names get "too long," would that possibly cause a problem during routine backups? Every once in a while, I get a "name too long" and have to shorten the path and/or the file name. I'm running W7, that might not be a problem for W10?

RolandJS, May 30, 2016
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    Microsoft are making it possible to remove the 256 characters path length limit in Windows 10 Redstone. I'm not an insider, so you'd probably be better off posting your question in the below post if you have questions regarding this:

Microsoft Removes 260 Characters Path Length Limit in Windows 10 RS

ARC1020, May 30, 2016
  8. RolandJS Win User

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts - Similar Threads - Batch file renaming

2. Batch scripting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch scripting: Hi, here's the code that I used for 3 DISM commands to start automatically after pressing a key:@echo off echo You are going to use DISM. echo 1. To check the image. echo 2. Scan your PC's health echo 3. Restore your PC'S health. echo To continue, press any key. echo Before...
  3. batch rename files

in Windows 10 Support
    batch rename files: hello, id like to remove characters in file names... using cmd, ive been able to remove "." (the dot) and replace it with a space and but hopefully keep the extention id like bou.bou.bou.txt to be renamed to bou bou bou.txt i tried : ren *.*.??? * *.??? obviously i want to...
  4. Any software that can rename multiple files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any software that can rename multiple files ?: Hey guys, I mistakenly lock some files and when I unlocked them they left some extension and there are hundred of files which I want to change their extension to default. Is there any software where I can select all files and change the extension ? Regards. 182505
  5. Rename files in batch.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename files in batch.: Hi All.. I am having some files nearly 2000 in nos. in a particular folder. I just need to replace some portion. Is it possible that I can do it instantaneously.. if so please guide....Details are furnished below.Old file Name : P12478-12-71-41-1781-01.dwg...
  6. Any way to make a batch script to rename the most recent file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to make a batch script to rename the most recent file?: found scripts to locate a the most recent file, and scripts to rename files, but no combination. basically id need a script to rename, the most recent .pdf file added to "W:\Declarations", to 'decs365.pdf' any help is greatly appreciated 170467
  7. Is there a way to batch rename files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to batch rename files?: I have a file with pictures formatted as "A-B-C" and need to change all the dashes to underscore such as "A_B_C". Is there a way to do this as a batch in the folder somehow? submitted by /u/gingernuts13 [link] [comments]...
  8. Batch Rename Script Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch Rename Script Help!: Hello! I am very new to this and need a little help. I am trying to create a batch file that will rename files that are called png_X.png (the X being the number page it is). The code I have is below. It works fine with out the pipe sort command but it sorts the by the ones...
  9. How to Batch Rename files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Batch Rename files ?: I have a lot of files i want to give names to. I already found a way to get names into a text I need. So all these names i have in text, i want to give to other files. How do i do this in a batch process ? Currently trying to learn FastStone Image viewer. Seems to be...
  10. Batch Rename Deletes Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Batch Rename Deletes Files: Hey all, I just upgraded to Windows 10 last night, and I've been playing around with the new File Explorer. One thing I tried was the batch rename function (by which I mean just selecting multiple files and clicking "rename"). I quickly realized that it behaves differently...