Windows 10: Any good file explorer alternative?

Discus and support Any good file explorer alternative? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; File explorer is not only inferior to Mac Finder but it's inferior to Linux file explorers(Nautilus, Nemo, Dolphin) too. Any good alternative to try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MuhammadJim, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Any good file explorer alternative?

File explorer is not only inferior to Mac Finder but it's inferior to Linux file explorers(Nautilus, Nemo, Dolphin) too. Any good alternative to try which makes me not frustrated? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/MuhammadJim
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MuhammadJim, Apr 11, 2021

2. File Explorer alternative

Anyone have a good suggestion for an alternative file explorer other than what is given on Microsoft?

Everytime I open it, it is like this one time in bootcamp. Our Drill Instructors did not think we were going fast enough to get our footlockers squared away, closed, and locked. So they had 72 men dump the contents o0f their footlockler out and pushed everything
    into the moiddle. We had to kick the contents, mix 'em all up and give us about ten seconds to get everything back in our footlockers, closed, and locked. We never got it done in time so we had to dump ourcontents into the middle of the squadbay and mix everything
    up again. About the fifth time this happened, it dawned on me what our problem was. We were worried about getting our stuff back and wasted a lot of time sorting through everything to find our own stuff. So I started telling everyone just grab a bunch of stuff
    and we will sort it out later.

This is what File Explorer is to me. When youn go on there, you will find all kinds of folders with the same name, everything opened up, and basically you are playing hide and seek trying to find what you need. For all the stuff Microsoft thinks it is great
    about with Windows 10, they are not. If you need something to waste your time, Windows 10 is just for you. If you hate organizing your files and foldiers-Windows 10 is for you.

Anyone have suggestions to an alternative of Windows 10 File explorer?

Thanks

Dave

daveeeeeeeeeeee, Apr 11, 2021
  3. illimay Win User
    How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

Thanks for an alternative suggestion.

Any good file explorer alternative? [​IMG]

I don't know what happened... but the list got longer for some reason. I didn't do anything special... but it just got longer

illimay, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Any good file explorer alternative?

Recommendation for an alternative file explorer

Hi All,
    Can anyone please give me a recommendation for an alternative file explorer.
    I have downloaded a trial version of xplorer2 and it seems quite good. Are their any alternatives?
    Thanks

Cornishman, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Any good file explorer alternative?

1. Any good file explorer alternative? - Similar Threads - file explorer alternative

2. A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?: Hi all,I have read that "No expert recommends using CCleaner any longer".I am wondering if there is a similar program that you experts can recommend to me to keep my PC Clean and Up to Date?Thank you in advance!Chris...
  3. A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?: Hi all,I have read that "No expert recommends using CCleaner any longer".I am wondering if there is a similar program that you experts can recommend to me to keep my PC Clean and Up to Date?Thank you in advance!Chris...
  4. what's a good alternative to utorrent??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what's a good alternative to utorrent??: many people told me it's bad for my computer or something and i use it a lot so what is a good replacement?? submitted by /u/EZZOOOTHEKING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8jlej/whats_a_good_alternative_to_utorrent/
  5. Any good file explorer alternatives

Any good file explorer alternatives: I'm looking for a good file explorer for windows 10 but i can't find any that look good. Right now i use explorer++ and it's fie but i think it's desing is outdated (it still uses XP icons). submitted by /u/nothingtoseehere196 [link] [comments]...
  6. Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?

Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?: I am using IDM for such a long time. But I don't want to use it anymore. The reason is it often can't instantiate download and Firefox take control over it. I really enjoy when IDM can start downloading instead of Firefox. But as it often fails I am now looking for an...
  7. What's a good alternative system font?

What's a good alternative system font?: Windows 10 uses a lot of glyphs/unicode and really really wants them all in the system font. What's a good font to replace Segoe UI with? I just really don't like it for some reason I can't exactly put my finger on. I know how to use another font, I'm just looking for...
  8. No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer?: There seems to be little or no encryption options for win 10 home users with new computers, Veracrypt will not encrypt my drive. Are there any good options to locking a computer drive that are better than the standard windows lock screen? 101438
  9. Recommendation for an alternative file explorer

Recommendation for an alternative file explorer: Hi All, Can anyone please give me a recommendation for an alternative file explorer. I have downloaded a trial version of xplorer2 and it seems quite good. Are their any alternatives? Thanks 66327
  10. Windows (File) explorer alternatives

Windows (File) explorer alternatives: Hi there are there any File explorer alternatives that can group and display files / directories easily in user selectable fields - for example here I've grouped them in alphabetical order with clear demarcations between each group. (Linux -- KDE file manager Dolphin)....