Windows 10: Any good software for downloading files from browsers?

Discus and support Any good software for downloading files from browsers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It seems whenever I download files that are a gigabyte or more through google chrome or Microsoft edge the download just stops. Is there any software I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DV-dv, Jan 17, 2021.

1. /u/DV-dv Win User

Any good software for downloading files from browsers?

It seems whenever I download files that are a gigabyte or more through google chrome or Microsoft edge the download just stops. Is there any software I can use to reliably download larger size files?

Thanks

submitted by /u/DV-dv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DV-dv, Jan 17, 2021

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 17, 2021
  3. stevednmc Win User
    File organizer software?

Hello all!

Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for file organizing software, specifically software that can find duplicates and help weed them out. Im migrating some old stuff to my new build and seems I have a TON of duplicate files, but it will take me months to go through it all.

Free software would be great, but if its good Ill gladly pay.

Thanks!

stevednmc, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Any good software for downloading files from browsers?

Download issue with Edge browser

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are not able to download any files through EDGE browser.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

• Right click on Microsoft EDGE.

• Go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click
      end task.
    You have to repeat it few times it worked for me hope it will help you to reset the Microsoft edge browser.

The download option will be available on the EDGE browser at the top right corner. Click on Hub (three horizontal symbol) and click on Downloads, there you will be able to click on Downloads folder and check where the download
    files are getting saved.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Any good software for downloading files from browsers?

1. Any good software for downloading files from browsers? - Similar Threads - software downloading files

2. Cannot download office files in any browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot download office files in any browsers: HiI cannot download office documents from any browsers. Pdf, jpg and other files works fine. But excel or word files stops, In the Downloads list in Edge it says 0 B/s - 44.1 KB of 41.1 KB and then nothing happens and I cannot open the file. As mentioned all other file types...
  3. Unable to download larger files with any browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download larger files with any browser: Following the most recent Windows 10 update I'm unable to download files of more than a few megabytes using any browser - I 've tried Firefox, Chrome, and also Edge. I have no third party antivirus or security software installed, I have run sfc, I have reset my router, plus...
  4. Can't download files using any browser

Can't download files using any browser: Windows 10 Pro, OS build 19041.685 Following the most recent Windows update I am unable to download files of more than a few megabytes using any internet browser - I have tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. I have no third party antivirus or security software installed, I have...
  5. Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

in Browsers and Email
    Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?: Not the password managers in the browser, but something to actually lock the entire browser so it can't be opened without a password. 148437
  6. Is there a good alternative to Youdownload software for downloading music from YouTube in...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there a good alternative to Youdownload software for downloading music from YouTube in...: Youdownload is recommended by Microsoft Support, I am quite sure, and states that app for Windows 10 computers is available on Microsoft Store, but Microsoft Store states that the software program is not available at this time. Why is it not available? Or, is their a good...
  7. I can't fully download/install any file from any of my browsers

I can't fully download/install any file from any of my browsers: For the past five days I have not been able to fully download or install any file. Whether I try FireFox, Chrome, or Edge if I save or run a program file for download it downloads to the browser but then when I click on the downloaded file in the browser nothing happens and...
  8. Is the 1809 ISO downloaded from MCT any good ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is the 1809 ISO downloaded from MCT any good ?: I installed 1809 2 weeks ago via WU. At the same day, I also downloaded the iso from MCT. Question : In light of MS pulling the October Update, is the iso I downloaded 2 weeks ago any good ? 119377
  9. Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser: Recently, I've realized whenever I try to access any PDF or download any EXE file using Windows 10, it never downloads. It's constantly stuck in "Waiting for connection", it happens in all browsers (Chrome, Mozilla, Edge). However, if I boot up a virtual machine using...
  10. Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts

in Windows 10 Support
    Any good Batch file renaming software / scripts: Hi there does anybody have any decent batch file renaming software or scripts. Here's a whole slew of music files from BBC Radio 3 -- what I want is after the word Breakfast in the title to insert date and time (european format YYMMDD.HHMM -24 hr format. Here's what...