Windows 10: Any Help For a Python Error?

Discus and support Any Help For a Python Error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just had to put my third or fourth new win10 install on this machine and now I'm into the usual hassles: much of my software won't run. In this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Sep 29, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

Any Help For a Python Error?

I just had to put my third or fourth new win10 install on this machine and now I'm into the usual hassles: much of my software won't run.

In this instance it is powershell in admin mode running youtube-dl.

It is in the user path. I can't edit the system vars, don't know why, they're greyed out.

I get this error in powershell:

PS C:\Windows\system32> youtube-dl
    Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: unable to load the file system codec
    ImportError: No module named 'encodings'

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Python. Hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

Any Help For a Python Error? :)

:)

abrogard, Sep 29, 2019

2. Made a Mistake with Python

I had to install Python some time ago. I think it so I could use VeraCrypt. I do not remember which version of Python I installed or if it showed up in the app list in Settings.

Yesterday, I decided to install DeDRM removal tools. One of them required Phyton and I installed Python 3.5.4.3504. It shows up in the app list in Settings.\

I then figured out I didn't need Python because I was not going to use the standalone DeDRM removal app but just the DeDRM removcal plugin. So I proceeded to uninstall Python 3.5.4.3504.

I then remembered about the earlier Python install and was wondering if the new Python installation had maybe overwritten the earlier one. Since I need Python for Veracrypt to work, I decided to cancel uninstalling. For the last half hour, I have been looking at at the Python popup saying "canceling" and the cursor showing an hourglass.

1. Is it likely that Python 3.5.4.3504 replaced the previously installed Python ?

2. Was it a mistake to cancel uninstalling? If yes, what should I have done?

EDIT: I restarted and Python 3.5.4.3504 is still installed. VeraCrypt works. I still would like to know why after I canceled uninstalling, the canceling process would not stop.

battlezone, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Simple Python Scripts

Before we post any more scripts, I'd like to take
    a step back and go over the basic help function
    within the Python interactive console.
    (mine is on linux, not sure if the Windows version is exactly the same) *Confused Any Help For a Python Error? :confused:

Here I start the Python console, it tells me what
    version I'm using and gives me a >>> prompt

Any Help For a Python Error? [​IMG]

Now I use the HELP function to view all the installed modules/libraries
    Code: help("modules")[/quote]

Now to see what functions are contained within a particular module,
    we simply use help again. I'll be looking at the webbrowser module
    which can be seen in the list.
    Code: help("webbrowser")[/quote]

By looking into the module, I see that I want to use the open_new(url) function,
    so my command(s) will look someting like this.
    I have to import the module to use the functions.

Code: >>> import webbrowser >>> webbrowser.open_new("TechPowerUp")[/quote] As you can see from the image, my default browser opened to
    the specified url from within Python.

Help can navigate through any module, exposing the various
    functions which I hope will make your python coding easy and fun *Big Grin Any Help For a Python Error? :D

Now lets do some scripting. *Wink Any Help For a Python Error? ;)

regexorcist, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Any Help For a Python Error?

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Any Help For a Python Error?

1. Any Help For a Python Error? - Similar Threads - Help Python Error

2. Help with installing pip in Python!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with installing pip in Python!: Because I’m using a tutorial which stated about method 1 keying in the ff:I merely followed the instruction, using method 1: I copied and pasted the ff. instruction on the command prompt: curl https://bootst/rap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py python get-pip.py I was...
  3. Help with installing pip in Python!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with installing pip in Python!: Because I’m using a tutorial which stated about method 1 keying in the ff:I merely followed the instruction, using method 1: I copied and pasted the ff. instruction on the command prompt: curl https://bootst/rap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py python get-pip.py I was...
  4. python

python: Por favor ajude, não consigo executar os comando na python traves destapequena mensagem Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected o meu assistente virtual que estou acriar não esta a funcionar atraves da mesma ajude-me! ESTOU SEMPRE A TENTAR DESDE MUITO TEMPO ATE AGORA NAO...
  5. python

in Windows 10 Gaming
    python: Por favor ajude, não consigo executar os comando na python traves destapequena mensagem Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected o meu assistente virtual que estou acriar não esta a funcionar atraves da mesma ajude-me! ESTOU SEMPRE A TENTAR DESDE MUITO TEMPO ATE AGORA NAO...
  6. python

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Python was not showing any output in command line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Python was not showing any output in command line: Found the apparent solution to the unsolved old thread about same issue here regarding Python on Windows 10 showing no output when typed in powershell or command prompt. As the old thread was closed I am opening one to share this because I think it will be useful to many...
  8. Python Error in Main Script

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Python Error in Main Script: Hi, Can anybody help me i am getting Python Error in main Script, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/python-error-in-main-script/e606f84e-b2d8-4a8b-a94a-6bf55a1870b9
  9. Any Help For a Python Error?

Any Help For a Python Error?: I just had to put my third or fourth new win10 install on this machine and now I'm into the usual hassles: much of my software won't run. In this instance it is powershell in admin mode running youtube-dl. It is in the user path. I can't edit the system vars, don't know...
  10. cx_Freeze: Python error in main script

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cx_Freeze: Python error in main script: I receive the above subject error message continuously and it appears to be contributing to the poor performance of my Windows 10 PC causing it to run slowly and become unresponsive. I reviewed the article with a similar error message and applied the recommended fixes,...