Windows 10: Any hope for a bad laser printer cartridge?

Discus and support Any hope for a bad laser printer cartridge? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I see Canon X25 laser printer cartridges for cheap I scoop them up. Many times these are open box or damaged box items from Ebay, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TV2, Jun 27, 2020.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Any hope for a bad laser printer cartridge?

Whenever I see Canon X25 laser printer cartridges for cheap I scoop them up. Many times these are open box or damaged box items from Ebay, but the cartridge is still in the sealed bag and often works just fine.

This last on didn't. The box looked like it went through war, but the cartridge was still sealed.

When I installed it it was printing double and smudged and was pretty unacceptable. I swapped it out for another one and that one is printing fine - sharp and clean.

Question is, has anyone ever got a cartridge like this to come clean? Maybe if you run it a bunch of times? Or is it if it's bad it's always bad and just throw it away?

:)

2. Win 10 driver for konica minolta1350w laser printer

Hi Syed N

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I have not been able to find a Windows 10 driver for my Konica Minolta Pagepro 1350w laser printer. Contacted Konica technical support . Was advised that printer driver is not listed on their site, which I knew. They
    could offer no other help.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Ron

miss pee wee, Jun 27, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Any hope for a bad laser printer cartridge? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Munki Win User

Who makes a good inkjet printer?

My suggestion to you is buy a laser printer. Inkjets are money pits.

Munki, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Any hope for a bad laser printer cartridge? - Similar Threads - hope bad laser

2. Hoping this isn't bad memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hoping this isn't bad memory: I've been having some seemingly random BSOD for a few months now. To my surprise it doesn't happen when I'm doing something super intensive like heavy gaming but when I'm just browsing Chrome or in a Zoom call. All my drivers have been up to date so I'm really not sure what...
  3. Hoping this isn't bad memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hoping this isn't bad memory: I've been having some seemingly random BSOD for a few months now. To my surprise it doesn't happen when I'm doing something super intensive like heavy gaming but when I'm just browsing Chrome or in a Zoom call. All my drivers have been up to date so I'm really not sure what...
  4. Hoping this isn't bad memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. laser jet color printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laser jet color printer: what does error79mean on my HP Laser Jet Color Printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laser-jet-color-printer/94d7a79b-ba26-4675-b615-e1f9af49133b
  6. Printer Cartridges

Printer Cartridges: Just got 2700 Series HP Printer Scanner. Installed non HP cartridge and can print nothing. What is the way to "get around" this or tell if there is no way to use non HP cartridges on this unit. Purchased 12/2020...
  7. SSD full, bad sys config info, any last hope?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD full, bad sys config info, any last hope?: Hello, I have a computer that is running windows 10, a 250GB SSD and two 2 TB HD raid set up. The main user on the system had all systems, downloads, games going to the 250GB SSD instead of the 2TB storage. It ended up filling up totally, and now the blue screen of death...
  8. Brother Laser Printers

Brother Laser Printers: We have a Brother HL-3170CDW printer and a Brother HL-2170 printer and both of them started printing very faint, black text so faint that it is had to read. Have the latest printer firmware installed and the latest printer drivers. This is a problem with bot Windows 10 and...
  9. Printer ink cartridges

Printer ink cartridges: I have a hp printer and have always used ink 61, I took some out and put in same kind and my printer is saying its not compatible with this printer? I took them out several times, it will print a test page then try to print something else and click into the message saying not...
  10. HP inkjet printer cartridges

HP inkjet printer cartridges: I have just installed new HP ink cartridges into my HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n printer and keep getting an error message saying inkjet failure on the printer and it asks me to turn off and then back on, which i have done several times, including taking plug out of wall...