Windows 10: Any idea what causes this strange desktop wallpaper glitch? Info in comments.

Discus and support Any idea what causes this strange desktop wallpaper glitch? Info in comments. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Crocomire_Rock [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Crocomire_Rock, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Any idea what causes this strange desktop wallpaper glitch? Info in comments.

/u/Crocomire_Rock, Dec 11, 2020
  2. NDrew11 Win User

Desktop wallpaper glitch

Hello - I'm getting this ongoing glitch. When I start up the computer the desktop is showing a dotted dark green wallpaper. When I go into settings > personalize, the computer remembers the photo that's put into the desktop and it then it shows up on the
    wallpaper. But this happens so often when I start everything up it's just a nuisance to do every time just for a photo, but at the same time the glitch dotted wallpaper is a nuisance too.

There's another thread I found on here from 2015 but that advice didn't help me out because the display drivers are all up to date. Is there a solve to this? It's a brand new computer and it started with this glitch right away, it seems like such a simple
    fix.

Thank you.

NDrew11, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Wallpaper Glitch

Hi Bobby,

There are many possible reasons why you're experiencing this issue when changing your desktop's wallpaper. In order for us to narrow down the possible causes, please answer the following questions:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Are you also experiencing the issue when using the default backgrounds/wallpapers available in Settings?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Do your desktop monitors have the same specifications?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Any idea what causes this strange desktop wallpaper glitch? Info in comments.

Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Any idea what causes this strange desktop wallpaper glitch? Info in comments.

1. Any idea what causes this strange desktop wallpaper glitch? Info in comments. - Similar Threads - idea causes strange

2. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?: Hello. Sometimes when using my computer I experience a weird bug where my desktop background turns green. It covers my desktop icons and when I highlight my desktop. If I snap windows to the sides of my monitor, it will usually turn fully green. I've done /sfc scannow and it...
  3. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?: Hello. Sometimes when using my computer I experience a weird bug where my desktop background turns green. It covers my desktop icons and when I highlight my desktop. If I snap windows to the sides of my monitor, it will usually turn fully green. I've done /sfc scannow and it...
  4. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is this? more info in comment...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this? more info in comment...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/homo_erectus_heh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yzjg5e/what_is_this_more_info_in_comment/
  6. constant refreshing glitch (info in comments)

constant refreshing glitch (info in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/carndoesntexist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ymie7l/constant_refreshing_glitch_info_in_comments/
  7. Any idea what's causing this?

Any idea what's causing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Spectre696 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heqf6o/any_idea_whats_causing_this/
  8. Any idea what’s causing this and how to fix it?

Any idea what’s causing this and how to fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/quantumking_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbtbbr/any_idea_whats_causing_this_and_how_to_fix_it/
  9. Desktop wallpaper glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop wallpaper glitch: Hello - I'm getting this ongoing glitch. When I start up the computer the desktop is showing a dotted dark green wallpaper. When I go into settings > personalize, the computer remembers the photo that's put into the desktop and it then it shows up on the wallpaper. But this...
  10. Not sure what's causing this.. Any ideas?

Not sure what's causing this.. Any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Impactplxyz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enpojc/not_sure_whats_causing_this_any_ideas/