Windows 10: Any idea why Microsoft suddenly made me change my Windows password. It is a pain in the NECK.

Discus and support Any idea why Microsoft suddenly made me change my Windows password. It is a pain in the NECK. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was just rebooting from my one of my futile attempts to make One Note work. Suddenly a long lhust a moment” and it insisted on a new password and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by auldtwa, Feb 6, 2020.

1. auldtwa Win User

Any idea why Microsoft suddenly made me change my Windows password. It is a pain in the NECK.

I was just rebooting from my one of my futile attempts to make One Note work. Suddenly a long lhust a moment” and it insisted on a new password and wouldn’t let me enter my password.

:)

auldtwa, Feb 6, 2020

2. I have Windows 10 and I suddenly have to put in my Microsoft password to get into my computer! How do I bypass this?

I don't know why I'm suddenly having to give my Microsoft password to get into my computer. This is my home computer and it is a pain in the neck to have to put this in all the time. How can I correct this? I'd like to bypass this whole page.

SylviaKelly, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Any idea why Microsoft suddenly made me change my Windows password. It is a pain in the NECK.

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Any idea why Microsoft suddenly made me change my Windows password. It is a pain in the NECK.

1. Any idea why Microsoft suddenly made me change my Windows password. It is a pain in the NECK. - Similar Threads - idea why Microsoft

2. Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?: I just upgraded from windows 10 home to pro for the sole purpose of being able to protect my files. I do all the steps of going into Properties > Advanced > Encrypt contents to secure data. It asked me if I wanted to back it up which I chose "back up now" to. It opens...
  3. Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?: I just upgraded from windows 10 home to pro for the sole purpose of being able to protect my files. I do all the steps of going into Properties > Advanced > Encrypt contents to secure data. It asked me if I wanted to back it up which I chose "back up now" to. It opens...
  4. Why is it such a pain in the **** to password protect folders on Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?: I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, I ask for a code and it sends it quickly to my email account. Then I try to change my password and Microsoft wants to send me another code just to get into my Security options. That code also comes within the next couple minutes....
  6. Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?

Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?: I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, I ask for a code and it sends it quickly to my email account. Then I try to change my password and Microsoft wants to send me another code just to get into my Security options. That code also comes within the next couple minutes....
  7. Why is Microsoft not sending me a code to change my password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why is my pc all of the sudden prompting me with “The user’s password must be changed...

Why is my pc all of the sudden prompting me with “The user’s password must be changed...: I tried my actual password from my account and it didn’t recognize it. So I went on my phone to password reset it. But now when I type it in it still says password incorrect.I can’t log into my pc now. I’ve never put a password on this pc ever so I have no idea why it is even...
  9. Any idea why my background suddenly stopped syncing with lock screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea why my background suddenly stopped syncing with lock screen?: After my last update, first my nightlight stopped working. Then I'm not sure if the background and lock screen stopped at the same time or soon after. One day I noticed that my background was just black. Now the whole thing happens to be running slow as all get out! Any...
  10. Any ideas? Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas? Why is this happening?: https://reddit.com/link/f4168f/video/jlhxds418zg41/player submitted by /u/iCaff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4168f/any_ideas_why_is_this_happening/