Windows 10: Any idea why my BIOS takes so long to load?

Discus and support Any idea why my BIOS takes so long to load? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; 43 seconds to be precise, according to task manager. After that W10 takes equally long to get to log in. Having an NMVe drive, I assumed the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amancandance, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Any idea why my BIOS takes so long to load?

43 seconds to be precise, according to task manager. After that W10 takes equally long to get to log in. Having an NMVe drive, I assumed the whole process would be a lot quicker, but really it isn't that much quicker than my old PC. My start up programs are showing low impact to none on start up. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.

:)

amancandance, Mar 12, 2020
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Mar 12, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 12, 2020
  4. DanielYX Win User

Any idea why my BIOS takes so long to load?

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Any idea why my BIOS takes so long to load?

1. Any idea why my BIOS takes so long to load? - Similar Threads - idea why BIOS

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My laptop isn’t loading edge and it takes so long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop isn’t loading edge and it takes so long: My laptop is taking for ever/never To search anythingMy cpu is at 100% and it’s because of anti malware service executable my cpu speed is at 2.26 GHz it’s really slow tooI think I have a virus...
  6. My laptop isn’t loading edge and it takes so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isn’t loading edge and it takes so long: My laptop is taking for ever/never To search anythingMy cpu is at 100% and it’s because of anti malware service executable my cpu speed is at 2.26 GHz it’s really slow tooI think I have a virus...
  7. My laptop isn’t loading edge and it takes so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why is disk partitioning taking so long?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is disk partitioning taking so long?: I am trying to partition my pc's harddsik. It is alerdy split in 2. This is not my main drive, I have a SSD as my C: drive.The disk I am trying to partition is 2TB sized, and it is partitioned in two 1TB disks. I want to split my second one into a 600GB one and a 400GB one....
  9. Why is disk partitioning taking so long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is disk partitioning taking so long?: I am trying to partition my pc's harddsik. It is alerdy split in 2. This is not my main drive, I have a SSD as my C: drive.The disk I am trying to partition is 2TB sized, and it is partitioned in two 1TB disks. I want to split my second one into a 600GB one and a 400GB one....
  10. Why is the weather taking so long to load?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the weather taking so long to load?: Why is the weather taking so long to load? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-weather-taking-so-long-to-load/b385727d-d338-4d92-8bfb-aa555fd02704