Windows 10: Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry?

Discus and support Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have been using the excellent reg edit tutorial on this site to disable upgrading to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donegaljoe, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry?

Hi folks,

I have been using the excellent reg edit tutorial on this site to disable upgrading to 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...s-7-8-1-a.html

I like to go manually into the registry without downloading the app to do it, and it has worked well on one my windows 7 partitions.

However on my other windows 7 partition I cant see the
    DisableOSUpgrade DWORD

in the registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

Any ideas why it is missing, I am sure I am logged on as admin and also have enabled hidden files and folders?

The size of that partition is 60GB.

Thanks very much for any suggestions.
    Joe

:)

donegaljoe, Nov 22, 2015

2. Any idea why the Facebook app is crashing to the start screen on Samsung Focus v1.3 with the new Mango update?

As Tim P. stated, just delete it, really simple:

Go to Settings

Select, emails + accounts

Press and hold on Facebook

Select Delete

Then just set it up again, everything will reappear.

Jon da Silva, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Tim P. Win User
    Any idea why the Facebook app is crashing to the start screen on Samsung Focus v1.3 with the new Mango update?

Hello Nathan1111

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers forum.

We are currently monitoring issues with the Facebook and Twitter applications after updating to Mango, I did want to mention that I have seen that removing and re-adding these applications has been known to resolve this and other issues for some folks.

I hope this helps resolve the issue, if not please reply so that we can continue working towards a resolution.

Kind Regards,

Tim P., Nov 22, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry?

You could right click and create a new DWORD "DisableOSUpgrade" in that location and then set it to 1 (this is what the script to disable it from the tutorial does anyway) Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Created by: Shawn Brink ; Disable Upgrade to Windows 10 Update in Windows 7 or 8.1 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate] "DisableOSUpgrade"=dword:00000001[/quote]

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Joe, *Smile

That is a group policy setting that will only be in the registry when the policy is enabled.

In the tutorial, I provided two options to enable the policy. One automatically in Registry Editor with .reg file , and two in Local Group Policy Editor.

The .reg files are not apps, but will just automatically add or remove the DWORD in the registry when merged.

Brink, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Thank you all for replies. That has worked a dream, in windows 7 for me, Thank you Shawn.

Joe

donegaljoe, Nov 22, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help Joe. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry?

1. Any idea why the DisableOSUpgrade is missing in my windows 7 registry? - Similar Threads - idea why DisableOSUpgrade

2. Any idea why my pc is crashing on sppsrv.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any idea why my pc is crashing on sppsrv.exe: This is the latest mini dump file - but I have others:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  3. Any idea why my pc is crashing on sppsrv.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any idea why my pc is crashing on sppsrv.exe: This is the latest mini dump file - but I have others:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  4. My PC keep crashing . Any ideas why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keep crashing . Any ideas why?: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎10/‎7/‎2023 8:04 PMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: d1Parameter 1: 8aParameter 2: 9Parameter 3: 1Parameter 4: fffff807314db431OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version:...
  5. My PC keep crashing . Any ideas why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keep crashing . Any ideas why?: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎10/‎7/‎2023 8:04 PMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: d1Parameter 1: 8aParameter 2: 9Parameter 3: 1Parameter 4: fffff807314db431OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version:...
  6. Any Idea Why This Is Showing Up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Idea Why This Is Showing Up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MiczPrd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkvlpg/any_idea_why_this_is_showing_up/
  7. Any ideas? Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas? Why is this happening?: https://reddit.com/link/f4168f/video/jlhxds418zg41/player submitted by /u/iCaff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4168f/any_ideas_why_is_this_happening/
  8. DisableOSUpgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DisableOSUpgrade: The initial question was how to block a system update because my PC is not compatible to upgrade any higher than Windows 10 Version 1709. The 1803 and the 1809 fail after installation. I received a response from Kapil Arya and need further assistance. My Query, Hi Kapil...
  9. Got any ideas why my laptop will not sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Got any ideas why my laptop will not sleep?: I close the laptop lid, the screen blanks, but I can see from continued disk activity that the laptop has not entered Sleep state. In a few minutes, battery charge goes from 100% to 82%. What would cause this? Can it be corrected? Warm Regards, Mark....
  10. Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any idea what these Japanese-looking registry entries are?: Hello, Whilst trying to sort out something on a friend's computer, I noticed some odd-looking registry entries... [img] These may be perfectly innocent, but then again, she is English, with Hebrew installed on her machine, so no oriental language packs at all, so I would...