Windows 10: Any idea why this strange occurrence could be happening?

Discus and support Any idea why this strange occurrence could be happening? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is something I recently started noticing with my laptop when I'd be using extended display to watch Netflix on an actual TV via HDMI. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rjstim, Aug 2, 2020.

1. /u/rjstim Win User

Any idea why this strange occurrence could be happening?

This is something I recently started noticing with my laptop when I'd be using extended display to watch Netflix on an actual TV via HDMI. While watching Netflix my CPU temp would be low to mid 50's, with the fan usually on the lowest speed and hardly audible. If I got up for more than 5 mins the screens turn off, but after getting back I'd hear the fan louder at a higher speed. Upon investigating further I'd see that the CPU temps were 10 degrees higher and using ~30% resources -- but with both screens off and not actually doing anything. Once I move the mouse to turn the screen back on though, within a few seconds the resources drop and the fan revs back down.

I've now taken it a step further and turned off extended display, closed all browser windows and programs, and left only the task manager open. The CPU temp will be low 40's as it's idling, and once the screen goes off within 1 minute I hear the fan audibly kick on. When I move the mouse I see that System is the process that's using 25-30% CPU resources, brining the temp up 10 degrees and causing the fan to kick on audibly. But again after waking, within a few seconds, resources drop down and the fan goes silent.

What could be causing the system to be using more resources once the screen goes off? It's not going into sleep or hibernate mode, just the screen goes black to save energy. I figure if anything, resources should be going down to a bare minimum level, but they're instead going up which doesn't make any sense to me. Windows Defender has never found any viruses or malware, and I've done another scan with Malwarebytes which didn't find anything either. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this strange issue -- any ideas? Thanks..

submitted by /u/rjstim
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rjstim, Aug 2, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview

Post your strange experiences with Windows Technical Preview so we can hash over them a while! Any idea why this strange occurrence could be happening? :)

I'll start:
    For example, if you may be running WTP in a dual boot scenario and perform a 'Refresh' with media from PC Settings, it might seem like the process saves some settings but wipes out others including your other OS.
    In my experience Windows had reset the boot options to Technical Preview as default with a timeout of 0 seconds.
    If this is the case, hold 'Shift' and press restart, then choose 'Use another operating system', on the next window choose 'Change defaults', on the next window 'Change the timer' and 'Choose a default operating system' if you wish.

Any idea why this strange occurrence could be happening? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 2, 2020
  4. djshadow Win User

What motherboard to choose for 965be c3!

Could I hear arguments why that one ? *Smile Any idea why this strange occurrence could be happening? :)
    And if not from the list, what other you suggest ? Any price to 200$.

djshadow, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Any idea why this strange occurrence could be happening? - Similar Threads - idea why strange

2. No idea why this is happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No idea why this is happening: I am on windows 11, all of my drivers are fully updated, no hardware issues, but this image keeps repeating when i open a mod loader for a video game. I have no idea what you'd call this, but I've already tried rolling back drivers, restarting, running sfc /scannow, and i...
  3. No idea why this is happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No idea why this is happening: I am on windows 11, all of my drivers are fully updated, no hardware issues, but this image keeps repeating when i open a mod loader for a video game. I have no idea what you'd call this, but I've already tried rolling back drivers, restarting, running sfc /scannow, and i...
  4. Strange Occurrence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Occurrence: Whenever i have no audio playing and my room is quiet, whenever i move my mouse i hear a noise in my headphones that sounds like a beep, and it holds the sound for as long as i am moving my mouse...
  5. Any ideas on what this could mean and how could I fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas on what this could mean and how could I fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/motyl_emanuel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnaxib/any_ideas_on_what_this_could_mean_and_how_could_i/
  6. Anyone have any idea why this has happened.

Anyone have any idea why this has happened.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M-M3SS1AH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0ol91/anyone_have_any_idea_why_this_has_happened/
  7. Any idea why did this happen or how do i fix it?

Any idea why did this happen or how do i fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/santsallka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwkv0f/any_idea_why_did_this_happen_or_how_do_i_fix_it/
  8. Any idea on what this mysterious G could be?

Any idea on what this mysterious G could be?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OGPanda18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fng85b/any_idea_on_what_this_mysterious_g_could_be/
  9. Any ideas? Why is this happening?

Any ideas? Why is this happening?: https://reddit.com/link/f4168f/video/jlhxds418zg41/player submitted by /u/iCaff [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4168f/any_ideas_why_is_this_happening/
  10. Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Occurrences in Windows Technical Preview: Post your strange experiences with Windows Technical Preview so we can hash over them a while! *Smile I'll start: For example, if you may be running WTP in a dual boot scenario and perform a 'Refresh' with media from PC Settings, it might seem like the process saves some...