Windows 10: any information how windows color profiles works ?

Discus and support any information how windows color profiles works ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wasn't able to google anything about windows color profile, except one thread from microsoft forums of someone saying, that there is no info how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Feb 29, 2020.

1. empleat Win User

any information how windows color profiles works ?

I wasn't able to google anything about windows color profile, except one thread from microsoft forums of someone saying, that there is no info how color profiles works and a lot of settings is unclear. Removing default icc color profiles reduces input lag drastically !!! I had idea to make custom color profile to reduce input lag. But i can't find any info how they works. Or what cause input lag. If i remove profile i also don't know, if i am not using any profile, or default profile from advanced tab is selected instead. But it is strange, because default is icc and when i remove icc i have much less input lag, so if after removing icc, icc profile was still active there shouldn't be any difference...

:)

empleat, Feb 29, 2020

2. Color profile

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Color calibration and others continue to be listed as a known issue on the Release information page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/releas...

Gamma ramps, color profiles, and night light settings do not apply in some cases

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where gamma ramps, color profiles and night light settings may stop working.

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where night light settings may stop working, for example:

Connecting to (or disconnecting from) an external monitor, dock, or projector

Rotating the screen

Updating display drivers or making other display mode changes

Closing full screen applications

Applying custom color profiles

Running applications that rely on custom gamma ramps

There is no ETA provided by Microsoft to fix this. You would have to wait.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 29, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Screen color profile changes once a USB device is plugged.

Hi Maher,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only when connecting a USB device or it happens when you connect a HDMI/VGA cable?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, you can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

You can also, try updating the Display drivers and check if that helps. Please refer the steps in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . Here, after opening Device Manager, Expand Display adapters, and follow the steps mentioned in the article.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 29, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

any information how windows color profiles works ? [​IMG]

any information how windows color profiles works ? [​IMG]

bobkn, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. any information how windows color profiles works ? - Similar Threads - information color profiles

2. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  3. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  4. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  5. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  6. Display color management color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display color management color profile: Windows stops using the color profile .icm set for my displays. This occurs randomly and every time I access system or display settings. The problem started several Windows updates ago and has gotten even worse with the latest updates. Configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 1700...
  7. spoolsv.exe not working, cannot see color profiles....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    spoolsv.exe not working, cannot see color profiles....: wanted to see my printing color profiles like on win 7 so I went to system32/spoolsv and it will not open. tried spoolsv.exe and it will not open. when I click on open nothing happens. How can I see inside this file? seems to me on win 7 there was a bunch of profiles in...
  8. How to install a Color Profile in Windows 10 using an ICC Profile

in Windows 10 News
    How to install a Color Profile in Windows 10 using an ICC Profile: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ever wondered why an image looks different on every monitor? Why some of the pictures taken from a phone look surprisingly better on another phone’s display? The answer is how the display has been configured to output the correct color [...] This post How to...
  9. Color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color profile: I regularly calibrate my monitor using a Spyder colour calibrator. After the W10 1903 update, when I do a calibration the Color profile will not load, refer image. Checked with manufacturer and the cause is the W10 1903 update and advised a later patch Microsoft released a...
  10. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Color Profile: How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell. 96673