Windows 10: Any keyboard trick for up/down arrow to scroll a fraction of the usual amount?

Discus and support Any keyboard trick for up/down arrow to scroll a fraction of the usual amount? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm doing some detailed graphics work on an image much taller than the screen. Trying to delicately drag the scroll bar isn't precise enough most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BillSimpsonxV, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Any keyboard trick for up/down arrow to scroll a fraction of the usual amount?

I'm doing some detailed graphics work on an image much taller than the screen. Trying to delicately drag the scroll bar isn't precise enough most of the time. The arrow keys aren't precise enough most of the time. The rest of the time they are fine. Is there any trick I don't know about, like the left alt key and the right shift key while wiggling the caps lock key will make the arrow keys scroll the window 1/16 of their usual distance each time I tap them?. Forcing the arrow keys to always do only 1/16 of usual isn't going to work. I just need easy finer positioning sometimes. I've done all kinds of searches and had no luck.

Thanks

submitted by /u/BillSimpsonxV
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BillSimpsonxV, Jan 12, 2020

2. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Any keyboard trick for up/down arrow to scroll a fraction of the usual amount? tpu.png

anticlutch, Jan 12, 2020
  3. kevdammit Win User
    Notification Area Scroll Arrows

I recently formatted my laptop and performed a fresh install of Windows 10. Everything was going well, until I noticed that when I have more than 4 icons in the Notification Area, I get scroll arrows to scroll left or right, instead of the Notification Area just resizing to accommodate more icons. It also adds space to the right of the time, which is weird. This happens regardless of how many applications I have open, even having nothing at all open. I've tried using small taskbar buttons, and changing all the taskbar settings I can find, but it does exactly the same.

This is how many icons I usually have:

Any keyboard trick for up/down arrow to scroll a fraction of the usual amount? [​IMG]

When it works with 4 icons (plus Notification Icon):

Any keyboard trick for up/down arrow to scroll a fraction of the usual amount? [​IMG]

And when I try add more than 4 icons - notice the scroll arrows on the left and right, plus blank space:

Anybody know how to fix this?

kevdammit, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Any keyboard trick for up/down arrow to scroll a fraction of the usual amount?

Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Hi Lozza47au,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

1. On the other computer where you have described ‘something has gone haywire’, are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the arrow keys and mouse scroll wheel issue specific to particular photo in that photo folder?
    3. Do you face the same issue when you open the photo in a different application?
    4. What is the make and model of the Keyboard, mouse?

However, let us try these methods one by one to check if that helps.

Method A: Suggest you to refer to the suggestions from Ernie San dated November 22, 2016 and Dan9090 dated September 1, 2017 to check if that makes any difference.

Windows 10 Photos app - scroll wheel

Method B: You may also want to move couple of photos to a different location and check if those Photo app options work normally.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Any keyboard trick for up/down arrow to scroll a fraction of the usual amount?

1. Any keyboard trick for up/down arrow to scroll a fraction of the usual amount? - Similar Threads - keyboard trick down

2. up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down: My arrow keys are used for page up and down how do i reset it to default as they no longer work in games and when i test it all the other arrow keys work but up and down register and page up and page down....
  3. up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down: My arrow keys are used for page up and down how do i reset it to default as they no longer work in games and when i test it all the other arrow keys work but up and down register and page up and page down....
  4. Hotmail up and down arrows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail up and down arrows?: The up and down arrows in Hotmail for going onto the next email or previous email keep disappearing, they will be there one day and gone the next. I can't seem to find them. Any idea how I can get them back and keep them there? Thank you...
  5. Hotmail up and down arrows?

Hotmail up and down arrows?: The up and down arrows in Hotmail for going onto the next email or previous email keep disappearing, they will be there one day and gone the next. I can't seem to find them. Any idea how I can get them back and keep them there? Thank you...
  6. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  7. up and down arrow keys

up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  8. up key not working and down arrow key scrolling on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    up key not working and down arrow key scrolling on its own: so basically my laptop keyboard up arrow isn't scrolling up on any webpages and when I hold my down arrow key to long it strolls on its on, its really frustrating as those two keys alone are one of the main keys I use pls help me asap...
  9. Laptop Keyboard issues (with down arrow)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard issues (with down arrow): Hi guys. Hope you are all doing well. I have an issue with my keyboard where the down arrow stops working after around 30-45 minutes of use. I then have to uninstall and re-install the PS2 keyboard driver and then restart my laptop. The down arrow then works again, but...
  10. Page up and down keys, arrow keys do not work for scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page up and down keys, arrow keys do not work for scrolling: How do I get the arrow keys and/or page up and down keys to work for scrolling webpages in Windows 10? I do not want to use the cursor and touchpad buttons....