Windows 10: Any known issues with Win 10 machines and NTP settings?

Discus and support Any known issues with Win 10 machines and NTP settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I am stumped on this one and need some help. There is a GPO in place to point all workstations to the PDC as the NTP server (which is set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chipperchoi, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Any known issues with Win 10 machines and NTP settings?

Hello all,

I am stumped on this one and need some help.

There is a GPO in place to point all workstations to the PDC as the NTP server (which is set to an external source).

All of a sudden, all the workstations started to fall out of sync and some are few minutes ahead and some are few minutes behind...

When I check the source on the workstations, they are all set as Local CMOS.

I tried to manually setting the NTP server and while it says the command ran, if I run the /resync, it errors out with "the computer did not resync because no time data was available."

Thinking the GPO is the issue, I moved one of the workstations over to a blank OU and it will allow me to set the NTP setting manually. However, as soon as I restart the w32time service, it just reverts it right back to Local CMO.

When I run the resync, it errors out that "The computer did not resync because no time data was available." whether I have the GPO set or not.

I even tried setting the NTP client locally to point to the NTP pool and that still reverts back.

I am pulling my hair out as I have no idea why the workstations are acting this way.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Chipperchoi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chipperchoi, Oct 21, 2020
  2. AMDCam Win User

NTP Help

Hi guys, I know this is not the site for bull**** networking but you've been the most reliable tech site I've ever been on for any computer stuff. So I've got a question about a network. I'm with the Marines, and we're running secure networks branching off from everywhere. I mean I'm in Japan right now. But we're trying to sync our hardware (Cisco devices, switches and routers) to NTP. I created a test setup with a router, easy as pie to sync that, but it was a direct connection from the router to our linksys gateway directly to the ISP. But in the real setup, we pull NTP data on every piece of hardware I set up to sync...we just don't sync. "Show NTP associations" shows full reach, stratum 3 servers all working perfect but our offsets are off (I'd love to know what the numbers for offset mean), but show ntp status shows no synchronization, not even a hint that it realizes it's got a working NTP server to pull off of. NTP is supposed to be an easy setup, but for over a month now myself and everyone I know have tried everything from our end to get a sync and we got nothing. Maybe it's not close enough to the NTP time, so we set the time and timezone a billion times, nothing there. I'm assuming since we can pull data from NTP servers, the port's gotta be open right? If it's impossible to sync because somewhere along the way a firewall is blocking it's UDP port, that's totally cool, then I'll have an excuse as to why we're gonna have to manually set clocks. But the fact that it pulls information (diagnostics at least, ping, offset, freq, stratum) I feel like we should be able to pull time, we just can't for some reason. If you guys have any idea what I can do please let me know. Thank you

AMDCam, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Erik J [MSFT], Oct 21, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Any known issues with Win 10 machines and NTP settings?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Any known issues with Win 10 machines and NTP settings?

1. Any known issues with Win 10 machines and NTP settings? - Similar Threads - known issues machines

2. Cannot sync time with any NTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sync time with any NTP server: Hello,I'm getting this error each time I'm trying to synchronize my laptop clock with an NTP server:C:\Windows\System32>w32tm /resync Sending resync command to local computer The computer did not resync because no time data was available.I've tried out each and every solution...
  3. Cannot sync time with any NTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sync time with any NTP server: Hello,I'm getting this error each time I'm trying to synchronize my laptop clock with an NTP server:C:\Windows\System32>w32tm /resync Sending resync command to local computer The computer did not resync because no time data was available.I've tried out each and every solution...
  4. ntp server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntp server: HiAll our client PCs are syncronizing time with the domain controller.Problem is I have changed the time provider on the controller, and the client PCs are currently 4min behind the domain controller.How to I force all clients to sync now remotely as I do not have phyical...
  5. ntp server

ntp server: HiAll our client PCs are syncronizing time with the domain controller.Problem is I have changed the time provider on the controller, and the client PCs are currently 4min behind the domain controller.How to I force all clients to sync now remotely as I do not have phyical...
  6. Are there any known issues with WIN 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any known issues with WIN 11?: I usually wait for at least a month before upgrading anything to see if there are bugs or other issues, are there any with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-known-issues-with-win-11/8c6f18db-f412-455d-b310-02a7d63748d6
  7. Are there any known issues with WIN 11?

Are there any known issues with WIN 11?: I usually wait for at least a month before upgrading anything to see if there are bugs or other issues, are there any with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-known-issues-with-win-11/8c6f18db-f412-455d-b310-02a7d63748d6
  8. Windows 10 version 20H2 comes without any major known issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 20H2 comes without any major known issues: Microsoft has finally released the Windows 10 October 2020 Update, also known as version 20H2. The company says you can download the October 2020 Update now by becoming a ‘seeker’ and it will be pushed to your PC as an automatic update in future. Microsoft also clarified...
  9. Is this a known issue?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this a known issue?: Hello, In another thread I indicated that my computer shows that the KB4056892 update failed. I was informed how to find out if it did indeed install, which it has. My question is will the error in View installed History will ever be correct, or are there any concerns other...
  10. Sync issue with bookmarks between Win 10 machines

in Browsers and Email
    Sync issue with bookmarks between Win 10 machines: Hi, I'm having issues synchronizing bookmarks between my three win 10 systems - all of which I have logged in with my MS user account and all of which have onedrive installed. What I am seeing is that the machines are not syncing from the most recently updated machine. e.g. I...