Windows 10: Any major difference between these two portable drives?

Discus and support Any major difference between these two portable drives? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expan...ay&sr=8-4&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/Black-Passpor...gateway&sr=8-5 The Seagate one at 83.99 while the WD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tsw88, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Any major difference between these two portable drives?

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expan...ay&sr=8-4&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Passpor...gateway&sr=8-5

The Seagate one at 83.99 while the WD one at 99.94, both are 4TB and free shipping. What is their major difference to make them a difference of 16 dollars?

I've compared them and I can't see any significant difference otherwise than the brand and software that they come with. However, I think both Seagate and WD are the leading brands so they shouldn't have much difference either. Or is there anything I've missed about these two models?

:)

Tsw88, Apr 4, 2019

2. Portable drive recognisition

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to connected the portable drive as it is not recognized after upgrade to Windows 10.

Please try the below and be informed us with the result:

• Have you tried to connect the drive to different ports and check?
    • Are you able to see if the drive is being detected by the device or not?
    • Have you connected this drive to any other computer and check?
    • Have you tried to connect different drive to this device to different ports and check?

Also, Please try to install all the Windows Updates on Windows 10 and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Microsoft Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install all the pending updates.

Please do the above to detect the issue is with the device or driver and updates us the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Portable hard drive and windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with connecting
    portable hard drive in Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the hard drive getting detected on the computer?

• Do you face any issue while using other USB devices?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Missing Windows Update.

2. USB port is damaged.

3. Damaged hardware.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key.

b) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
    Enter.

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and also latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website. You may also try connecting the hard drive to a different USB port.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 4, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Toshiba Introduces New Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drives

In an exceptional blend of data protection, portability and simplicity, Toshiba has unveiled the newest addition to its Canvio line of portable hard drive solutions – the Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drive family for the PC. Developed with ultimate usability in mind for the everyday consumer, the Canvio Basics requires only a single step to start saving and transporting important files: Plug it in. With no necessary software to install and available with 320 gigabytes (GB1), 500GB, or 750GB of storage space, the Canvio Basics offers a hassle-free, high capacity storage solution right out of the box.

“With the Canvio Basics line, we wanted to bring an effortless digital storage solution to the masses,” said Manuel Camarena, product manager for consumer storage at Toshiba Storage Device Division. “This new drive offers a sleek solution with plenty of storage capacity for the growing amount of digital content, from photos and videos to music and documents. The Canvio Basics is a convenient and versatile choice for anyone who needs the peace of mind that comes with high capacity portable external storage.”

Any major difference between these two portable drives? 137a_thm.jpg

The Canvio Basics’ one plug ease-of-use is complemented by the drive’s stylish design, courtesy of a glossy black finish and soft, rounded edges. Despite its light weight and diminutive size, the Canvio Basics hits above its weight when it comes to keeping files safe. An Internal Shock Sensor, Ramp Loading Technology, and a three year Limited Warranty combine for added peace of mind whether going from the dorm to the lecture hall, the home office to the conference room, or wherever else the Canvio Basics is needed.

Beyond its technical capabilities, the practicality of the Canvio Basics design is evident in the drive’s pocket-sized form factor, which not only makes it easy to carry, but also conforms to Toshiba’s environmental efforts to reduce the quantity of materials used in production. In addition, the Canvio Basics’ packaging is made from 100 percent recyclable materials.

Toshiba’s Canvio Basics Portable Hard Drives and the complete lineup of Canvio Portable Hard Drives can be found at major retailers and online outlets. For a full list of retailers, please visit this page. Suggested retail prices (USD) by capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Canvio Basics
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Canvio Basics
    • $119.99 for the 750GB Canvio Basics

btarunr, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Any major difference between these two portable drives? - Similar Threads - major difference between

2. Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?: A while back I posted a question about my problem doing a fresh install on my i5-2500k based PC with BSOD error:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i5-2500k-based-pc-fresh-win10-install-stuck-w-bsod/e7a37cee-886a-4760-9758-4172e4ad4694I haven't been able to...
  3. Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?: A while back I posted a question about my problem doing a fresh install on my i5-2500k based PC with BSOD error:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i5-2500k-based-pc-fresh-win10-install-stuck-w-bsod/e7a37cee-886a-4760-9758-4172e4ad4694I haven't been able to...
  4. Whats difference between these two dialog box??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats difference between these two dialog box??: Why when I copying file form one folder to another, there are two different types of dialog box that prompt out? Sometimes is the "Copy File" sometimes is the Replace or Skip Files. Whats difference between these two dialog box??...
  5. Whats difference between these two dialog box??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats difference between these two dialog box??: Why when I copying file form one folder to another, there are two different types of dialog box that prompt out? Sometimes is the "Copy File" sometimes is the Replace or Skip Files. Whats difference between these two dialog box??...
  6. Whats difference between these two dialog box??

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What's the difference between these two bit-values?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the difference between these two bit-values?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/0n5beeugeis41.png?width=1200&format=png&auto=webp&s=4ed2191448b0eef51d2fdd8782a89f93e67e343e submitted by /u/Noobgamer0111 [link] [comments]...
  8. Difference Between Two Quadro M1200 Downloads

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Difference Between Two Quadro M1200 Downloads: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us If you visit the page and "download type"drop down menu it shows two different packages, Optional driver for enterprise and Quadro new feature. Anyone know the difference between the two.TIA Lenovo Thinkpad P51: ● Intel...
  9. Any difference between These Upgrades of OS?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any difference between These Upgrades of OS?: When I got the update for my Windows 10 Pro 10240 build 10240, the update were mentioned as Wondows 10 Pro 1511 build 10586. But when the updates were downloaded and installed, I looked into system information which mentioned as Windows 10 Pro 10586 build 10586. Are these...
  10. Difference between the two volume images in the boot.wim

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between the two volume images in the boot.wim: Hi In the Windows 10 DVD, there is a file called boot.wim which has two volume images almost equal named "Microsoft Windows PE" and "Microsoft Windows Setup". I want to know what is their difference? Thanks Bye 21230