Windows 10: Any media players that aren't slow with H265 content?

Discus and support Any media players that aren't slow with H265 content? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a i7 8750H and a RTX 2070. I've used MPC-BE and MPC-HC but both of them take VERY LONG to load H265 encoded videos, both off SSD and HDD. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HeadshotMeDaddy, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Any media players that aren't slow with H265 content?

So I have a i7 8750H and a RTX 2070. I've used MPC-BE and MPC-HC but both of them take VERY LONG to load H265 encoded videos, both off SSD and HDD. Is there a media player that actually utilizes hardware correctly for making this not take like 15+ seconds to seek through a 2GB video? Even if it was bigger, it shouldn't take 15+ seconds of frozen video, play only audio, then fast forward through the video until it caught up with the audio. Oddly, MPC-HC (from some github I found that maintains it since the official has been abandoned) loads quicker than MPC-BE.

Mostly curious about free programs but if a paid program works good and isn't crazy expensive that is fine too.

submitted by /u/HeadshotMeDaddy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HeadshotMeDaddy, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Unable to burn the content to CD as it ejects at 99% on Windows Media Player

Hi James,

As you are facing issues with burning the content to CD from Windows Media Player, do not we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also, refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of burning the content to CD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Any media players that aren't slow with H265 content?

Unable to burn content to CD on Windows Media Player in Windows 10

Hi Roysie,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know if you are able to see any error code/ error message of this issue.

Try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of burning content to CDs for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Any media players that aren't slow with H265 content?

1. Any media players that aren't slow with H265 content? - Similar Threads - media players aren't

2. Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player: How do you print the content of various playlists using the new Media Player on Windows 11. I want to compare which songs are in which playlist to ensure they are not duplicated, but am not able to print the playlist out. Thanks.....Ron...
  3. Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player: How do you print the content of various playlists using the new Media Player on Windows 11. I want to compare which songs are in which playlist to ensure they are not duplicated, but am not able to print the playlist out. Thanks.....Ron...
  4. Windows 10 Completely buffering any content media...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Completely buffering any content media...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MerlYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lpzirs/windows_10_completely_buffering_any_content_media/
  5. Slow playback issue over any media content, triggered over time

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow playback issue over any media content, triggered over time: Hello, I'm having an issue with media content (mostly videos) that I'm not sure how to troubleshoot and I'm writting here to see if anyone can shed some light over this issue. Right now I'm running Windows 10 Education with a Sound Blaster Omni and Nvidia graphics card and...
  6. Both Groove and Windows Media Player aren't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Both Groove and Windows Media Player aren't working: When trying to play a .mp4 file through either one the sound comes out quiet, muffled, and staticky. When I switch over to iTunes and play a .mp4 file it works fine. I've tried various files to make sure it wasn't just the file messing up and I made sure that the speakers...
  7. content usage rights & Win Media Player

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    content usage rights & Win Media Player: I can't play wma file on windows media player. I get this message: TRY PLAYING THIS WITH A DIFFERENT PLAYER. THIS APPLICATION DOESN'T HAVE CONTENT USAGE RIGHTS. This music is music that I own. I copied it off of my desktop onto a flash drive so I could do a clean wipe of...
  8. Firefox: VLC Media Player not listed as content type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox: VLC Media Player not listed as content type: I have 2 computers: Acer Veriton M4650G and HP Pavilion Notebook, each with Windows 10 Pro - exactly the same version/build on both: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.407). Both computers have exactly the same version of Firefox: 63.0.3. Both have exactly the same version of the...
  9. slow performance and media player problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow performance and media player problem: My videoes is not playing smoothly ,it always freeze and hang .I tried it in all media player like window media player ,movies and tv and vlc but the problem is same . And my system is running slow ,in window 7 it was fine but after installing window 10 my pc has become...
  10. VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD: So I am going to tell you about this, when I was trying to open a DVD on a third-party media player, it doesn't play. I tried VLC, but it doesn't play without an error, while I tried it on 5KPlayer, but it has the same issue as VLC, then, I tried it on MPC-HC, but it said...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. h265 windows 10 slow