Windows 10: Any Microsoft guidance regarding driver installs?

Discus and support Any Microsoft guidance regarding driver installs? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My system seems to show several devices which do not yet have drivers, and some are just the Basic drivers for other devices. Has Microsoft given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Saltgrass, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Saltgrass Win User

Any Microsoft guidance regarding driver installs?

My system seems to show several devices which do not yet have drivers, and some are just the Basic drivers for other devices.

Has Microsoft given any guidance as to how drivers need to be installed in Windows 10? ASUS does not have any Windows 10 drives for my motherboard. I can, of course, use the 8.1 drivers. I just wanted to know if Microsoft had prescribed some process for updating drivers and wanted us to wait to see if they might come via Windows Update.

Thanks..

:)

Saltgrass, Oct 1, 2014
  2. IlDavo2U Win User

Win 10 upgrade is now being blocked due to "Get Windows 10" Fails due to VMWare SVGA 3D driver

Re: "Or you can let it bug you (and take it out on strangers) if it gives you something to do. ;-)":

Microsoft has elected to "bug" Windows 8.1 users by tantalizing them with instructions to "reserve their free copy of Windows 10," using dialogs that appear on their Windows 8.1 desktops.

Microsoft has instigated the "bugging" and -- in their election to screen "VMware SVGA 3D" from their list of Windows 10 approved display drivers -- has produced a "bug" for many, many Microsoft customers.

If VMware has contacted Microsoft seeking guidance, as VMware claims they have, then responsibility lies with Microsoft to:

• Explain why VMware SVGA 3D display driver "won't work"
    • Advise VMware of steps they should take to resolve this error
    • Advise Microsoft customers of guidance Microsoft has provided to VMware
    If Microsoft maintains that VMware either has not sought guidance from Microsoft or has not followed this guidance, then Microsoft should communicate as much to Microsoft's customers.

Any issue involving two vendors (Microsoft and VMware) will inevitably involve some finger-pointing, but Microsoft should at least advise its customers of any direction it has provide to the other vendor (VMware) as it points the finger. The "it's not our
    problem" defense went out-of-vogue over a decade ago!

IlDavo2U, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Need Guidance - Regarding Nokia N97

Understand that there are few people complaining on this board compared to how many people who have bought it. There are also different variations to this: Some uses it wrong, some uses it with bad 3rd party beta apps, some has earlier fw's etc...

Take your time and read some of the different threads about the n97 issues, and maybe you will learn to get around some of the issues...

Fender77---01, Oct 1, 2014
  4. Dude Win User

I would use the 8.1 drivers for now. As the preview develops, more info will come out. That is the only info I have found, if It worked on 8.1, it will work on 10.

Dude, Oct 2, 2014
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    OK, thanks. I have been having problems dual booting where every time I booted to the other OS, I would get a "Your computer needs to be repaired" message. Since the OS booted normally by itself, I was thinking a possibility might be using different drivers for the same devices with going between OSes...

Still investigating to see if I can pin it down. The 8.1 drivers will be installed.

Saltgrass, Oct 2, 2014
  6. bromanbro Win User
    Works fine out of the box? Don't touch.
    Needs drivers? Get 8.1's, they should work. However keep your eyes open for 10 drivers.

bromanbro, Oct 2, 2014
  7. Saltgrass Win User
    Whether it works out of the box might depend on how new your system is. I have a Z77 which had no yellow triangles, and a Z87 which had several.

I have installed the drivers which seem to be necessary. Right now it looks like my booting problem was with the original Win X installation and its hard drive....

Saltgrass, Oct 3, 2014
  8. Dude Win User

So all the bangs(yellow triangles) are gone now?

Dude, Oct 3, 2014
  9. Saltgrass Win User
    Yes, no triangles and no unknown devices. But again, it depends on your system. Asus has always been good about supplying drivers for their motherboards...

On my Z77 board, all the devices were set up without any additional drivers. I do, however, still have the Plain Vanilla driver on my primary SATA controller, which probably works fine.

Saltgrass, Oct 3, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    Only after second or third boot, all the drivers were installed automatically, guess they had to be retrieved from internet. One of them (for TV card) is still wrong.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any Microsoft guidance regarding driver installs? - Similar Threads - Microsoft guidance regarding

2. Regarding Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Drivers: i have a acer aspire a315-54k and it has a qualcomm atheros QCA9377 when i go to the acers website to download my wifi or bluetooth drivers there are 2 driver options one of atheros and one of intel in both so the main question is that which driver should i instaleven the...
  3. Regarding Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Drivers: i have a acer aspire a315-54k and it has a qualcomm atheros QCA9377 when i go to the acers website to download my wifi or bluetooth drivers there are 2 driver options one of atheros and one of intel in both so the main question is that which driver should i instaleven the...
  4. Regarding Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Doubts Regarding Installation of Optional Driver Updates

Doubts Regarding Installation of Optional Driver Updates: Hello, My Laptop is HP Pavilion-15cc132tx Window 10 Home Version 20H2,I have confusion regarding installation of Necessary drivers out of the Optional Drivers Updates.Can anyone please help me to choose which drivers to download and install out of given list below?...
  6. Regarding driver update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding driver update: After recent updates, few of my windows driver is not working properly, I tried to update drivers but still facing the same issue, drivers like wifi and Bluetooth not working even after reinstalling from manufacturer official website, I tried to reboot my laptop but still...
  7. Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Guidance regarding resetting BIOS/UEFI settings: Supermicro MB (C7Q67), 8GB Ram, I7 2600 CPU, 1 SSD, 2 2TB HDDs, Windows 2004. I'm looking for recommendations on what to do about the BIOS settings regarding the boot option entries listed in my 3 boot options lists under the Boot tab. All three boot options contain a list of...
  8. Can't install any drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install any drivers: Windows Update gives 0x800f0246 when installing drivers. Device Manager says "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them." when installing drivers. Manufacturer installers also fails to install drivers. Most...
  9. An open letter to Microsoft regarding device drivers

An open letter to Microsoft regarding device drivers: Your partner Intel reneged on its early promise to support Windows 10. Intel small business marketing blogged in January 2016: "You might be resisting [migrating to Windows 10] because you're worried Windows 10 won't work with older computers. But rest easy, it's backwards...
  10. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...