Windows 10: Any news on an update to stop the recent blue-screens-of-death ?

Discus and support Any news on an update to stop the recent blue-screens-of-death ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've got two Windows 10 machines, one is 1.5 years old and the other 5 years old and both came with Windows 10. During the life of both machines, up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dd992, Jul 14, 2020.

1. dd992 Win User

Any news on an update to stop the recent blue-screens-of-death ?

I've got two Windows 10 machines, one is 1.5 years old and the other 5 years old and both came with Windows 10. During the life of both machines, up until a month ago, neither had ever crashed BSOD.

In the last month or so, both of them have started crashing, around once a week roughly, with random causes each time. I might not have seen the same reason twice.

No new software has been installed on either of these machines, nor has their hardware, internet connection, or any other kind of configuration change. I suspect that a recent change May or June will have caused a massive number of crash/reboots around the world - as I don't see any reason why both of these flawless machines would be affected. I have no malware installed triple-protection.

It's becoming very annoying.

:)

dd992, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    1803 update causing PC crash with Blue Screen of Death

Hello annebinding,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the exact error code/message you receive regarding the Blue Screen of death?

I understand that you are facing an issue regarding Blue Screen of Death. A faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate BSOD.
    We will look into this for you.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article step-by-step and see if it works:

The Operating System is designed to automatically receive new updates by default. We recommend not to stop the updates, since the updates consists various security patches and latest driver updates which helps to keep the computer safe and secure. Windows
    Updates will eventually need to be installed and downloaded, regardless of your update settings. However, you may temporarily pause updates from being downloaded and installed.

To know more on how to pause updates, you may refer to an article on:
    Manage updates in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the results, we are looking into this for you and we will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Any news on an update to stop the recent blue-screens-of-death ?

Blue screen of death 0xc0000021a stop code

Hi George,

Blue Screen of Death might have been caused by poorly written device drivers or malfunctioning hardware, such as faulty memory, power supply issues, overheating of components, or hardware running beyond its specification limits. For us to isolate the issue,
    we would like to know the following:

• Are you able to boot to Windows 10?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the following methods given on this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Select the appropriate scenario to view corresponding methods.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Any news on an update to stop the recent blue-screens-of-death ?

1. Any news on an update to stop the recent blue-screens-of-death ? - Similar Threads - news update stop

2. I am getting Blue Screen of Death recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting Blue Screen of Death recently.: Dump file Link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-blue-screen-of-death-recently/c414d03d-8631-4aad-b8cd-9f6c9f9716fd
  3. I am getting Blue Screen of Death recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting Blue Screen of Death recently.: Dump file Link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-blue-screen-of-death-recently/c414d03d-8631-4aad-b8cd-9f6c9f9716fd
  4. How to stop blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop blue screen of death: I have been stuck on the blue screen of death and can’t figure it out it says SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed: hswultpep.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-blue-screen-of-death/80f14ac1-7184-494e-9cc5-4e6404deb164
  5. How to stop blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop blue screen of death: I have been stuck on the blue screen of death and can’t figure it out it says SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed: hswultpep.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-blue-screen-of-death/80f14ac1-7184-494e-9cc5-4e6404deb164
  6. Blue Screen of Death STOP CATEGORY: 0x10E

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death STOP CATEGORY: 0x10E: The analysed dump is:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL 10eThe video memory manager...
  7. Blue Screens of Death and General Performance Issues recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screens of Death and General Performance Issues recently: I searched how to check what might be causing this BSOD problem and apparently the below images might show the causes? https://gyazo.com/dca3dbb3551e073567718c8ea0e92230 https://gyazo.com/9348e694e1f96466346bb8693727cd04 https://gyazo.com/728799953e3c4c7a1ce83d1477d6c117...
  8. Update on the blue screen of death

Update on the blue screen of death: So the blue screen of death is back I tried restore but I can reinstall windows 10. (It gave the option to keep my data.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-on-the-blue-screen-of-death/eceef657-7e8e-4432-bcfa-5943ee47c6d5
  9. Different blue screen of death after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different blue screen of death after recent windows 10 update: Unfixable blue screen of death... After the new update, the update got rid of my sound drivers for some reason. I troubleshot it many times but unfortunately, I didn't have any luck. I needed to reinstall it manually but here's where the problems come. I installed the right...
  10. Blue screen of death. Stop codes.

Blue screen of death. Stop codes.: I have a Dell Optiplex 9010 with Windows 10 Pro. The system frequently shuts itself down and reboots giving me various STOP CODES including: 1) Critical Structure Corruption, 2) IRQL not less or equal, 3) System Thread Exception not handled, 4) Memory Management. Do I need to...