Windows 10: Any Options to Make Keyboard Language Changes More Obvious?

Discus and support Any Options to Make Keyboard Language Changes More Obvious? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I find it inconvenient to switch between two keyboard languages and always have to glance at the taskbar to confirm which one is active or when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kellerassi, May 8, 2024.

1. Any Options to Make Keyboard Language Changes More Obvious?

I find it inconvenient to switch between two keyboard languages and always have to glance at the taskbar to confirm which one is active or when I switch the keyboard input. Is there a visual cue, similar to the volume bar that appears when adjusting volume, that could simplify this process?

submitted by /u/Kellerassi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kellerassi, May 8, 2024
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, May 8, 2024
  3. nadeaujf Win User
    Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

Great! I found it by searching Input method as you suggested (full path is Settings -> Typing -> Advanced keyboard settings).
    - I've set "Override for default input language" to "French (Canada)" instead of "Use language list".
    - "Let me use a different input method for each app" was already unchecked
    - I've disabled the key sequence to switch between input languages in (Language bar options -> Advanced key settings)

I hope it did the trick, I'll mark this as solved if the keyboard does not change back by tomorrow.

Thank you!

nadeaujf, May 8, 2024
  4. Any Options to Make Keyboard Language Changes More Obvious?

Language change on keyboard

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Under Clock, Language, and Regional Options click Change keyboard or other input methods.
    3. In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, click Change keyboards.
    4. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab.

josephdfox5, May 8, 2024
Thema:

Any Options to Make Keyboard Language Changes More Obvious?

1. Any Options to Make Keyboard Language Changes More Obvious? - Similar Threads - Options Keyboard Language

2. How to change the keyboard layout order for the SAME language in Language Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the keyboard layout order for the SAME language in Language Options: I use two languages in my desktop: Italian and English. I also use two different Italian keyboards layouts: the standard one and an enhanced one with several more characters by using AltGr. In Windows settings I can reorder languages but not layouts in the same language. In...
  3. How to change the keyboard layout order for the SAME language in Language Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the keyboard layout order for the SAME language in Language Options: I use two languages in my desktop: Italian and English. I also use two different Italian keyboards layouts: the standard one and an enhanced one with several more characters by using AltGr. In Windows settings I can reorder languages but not layouts in the same language. In...
  4. Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10: In Windows 10, the active window is represented on the taskbar by a very subtle shade affect see pic. Is there a setting or registry hack that would make it more obvious? I keep trying to switch to the browser window I'm already in, which is confusing Pic: Can you tell which...
  5. Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10: In Windows 10, the active window is represented on the taskbar by a very subtle shade affect see pic. Is there a setting or registry hack that would make it more obvious? I keep trying to switch to the browser window I'm already in, which is confusing Pic: Can you tell which...
  6. Make active window more obvious on taskbar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Any options to make UI more compact in Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any options to make UI more compact in Edge?: Currently I think there is too much padding in between extension icons and URL bar is thick. Is there any options maybe some sort of flag for compact mode similar like Firefox? submitted by /u/balthazar_brat [link] [comments]...
  8. Changing Language of the keyboard

Changing Language of the keyboard: I have problems changing my keyboard language bc I want to change it to swiss but that does not show up under input languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-language-of-the-keyboard/c1b0842d-7407-4346-910d-fa224656a0be
  9. How to make the window10 "Highlight" of work column more obvious

How to make the window10 "Highlight" of work column more obvious: In window7 The working window "Highlight" on the work bar is very obvious [img] But in win10 this is not very obvious [img] I can't use the first intuition to correctly select the target window in milliseconds to 1-2 seconds, in 4~8 working windows. Minimize the window...
  10. How to make the window10 "Highlight" of work column more obvious

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make the window10 "Highlight" of work column more obvious: In window7 The working window "Highlight" on the work bar is very obvious [img] But in win10 this is not very obvious [img] I can't use the first intuition to correctly select the target window in milliseconds to 1-2 seconds, in 4~8 working windows. Minimize the window...