Windows 10: Any options to make UI more compact in Edge?

Discus and support Any options to make UI more compact in Edge? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Currently I think there is too much padding in between extension icons and URL bar is thick. Is there any options maybe some sort of flag for compact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/balthazar_brat, May 26, 2020.

1. Any options to make UI more compact in Edge?

Currently I think there is too much padding in between extension icons and URL bar is thick.

Is there any options maybe some sort of flag for compact mode similar like Firefox?

submitted by /u/balthazar_brat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/balthazar_brat, May 26, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 26, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    EDGE Browser does not display the ActionScript (FLASH) based UI.

Hello Gnash,

To resolve the issue with your Edge, we suggest to run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. We recommend to follow the steps

here

We'd like to get the following information below:

• When did you experience this issue?
    • Are you getting an error message when you close your Edge?
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, May 26, 2020
  4. Any options to make UI more compact in Edge?

Asus edge gestures

We appreciate the prompt response. If the option is not available on any of the suggested locations, our next step is to manually disable it using the local group policy editor. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows
      Any options to make UI more compact in Edge? eda51c1d-4af7-4c62-8134-777ddff85765.png
      +
      R key, and then type in gpedit.msc to open the
      Local Group Policy Editor
    • Follow the folder path below by clicking the drop-down arrow to expand the list:

Computer Configuration/ Administrative Templates/ Windows Components/

• Click on the Edge UI folder. In the right pane, double click the
      Allow edge swipe policy to edit it.
    • Select Disabled.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, restart your device and check if edge gesture is now disabled.

Darwin Dim, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Any options to make UI more compact in Edge?

1. Any options to make UI more compact in Edge? - Similar Threads - options more compact

2. Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?: I have tried every possible way to turn "Compact View" on in File Explorer for Windows 11 but nothing has worked since an update in December 2022. I have done all subsequent updates.I want to see the file spacing on the right of this image, not the left:...
  3. Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't "Compact view" in File Explorer work any more?: I have tried every possible way to turn "Compact View" on in File Explorer for Windows 11 but nothing has worked since an update in December 2022. I have done all subsequent updates.I want to see the file spacing on the right of this image, not the left:...
  4. Why won't edge save my passwords any more?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't edge save my passwords any more?: Microsoft Edge used to save my passwords but it doesn't any more. It may once in a while its hit or miss but most of the time it doesn't. I have it selected to save passwords but it still doesn't. I even installed edge again but it didn't help. any ideas?...
  5. Why won't edge save my passwords any more?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't edge save my passwords any more?: Microsoft Edge used to save my passwords but it doesn't any more. It may once in a while its hit or miss but most of the time it doesn't. I have it selected to save passwords but it still doesn't. I even installed edge again but it didn't help. any ideas?...
  6. File explorer - any way to make more readable

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer - any way to make more readable: Hi folks Is there any way to make file explorer more readable with better fonts etc -- just compare Windows XP and current W10 virtual machines -- IMO the XP one is a zillion times more readable etc. [img] Cheers jimbo 173857
  7. Is there any way to calibrate the sound to make it more even?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to calibrate the sound to make it more even?: The title may be a little confusing, I apologize. But when I adjust the volume on my computer (with headphones in, that's how I usually listen) it increases by a lot. For example, volume 2 is low, but volume 8 is literally blasting through my headphones. Is there any way to...
  8. Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] The past few months have forever changed the way we work, learn and play each day. Our routines have been entirely disrupted, and we’ve had to adapt to new ways to stay productive, entertained and healthy. This change in our global landscape has...
  9. is there any option to keep the calculator in compact mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there any option to keep the calculator in compact mode?: it always goes back to normal after its closed. submitted by /u/RexicTheKing [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dydmq2/is_there_any_option_to_keep_the_calculator_in/
  10. Edge UI Question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge UI Question: Hello, I want to be able remove the swipe left-to-right task view, while still keeping the downswipe to close applications on a touch win10 machine. I have disabled allow edge swipes in the local group editor policy section, but that removes them both. Is there anything I...