Windows 10: Any options to remove the Back/Forward buttons in File Explorer?

Discus and support Any options to remove the Back/Forward buttons in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need this option for a restricted/server environment, and I am working on some software/tweaks to make options like this available as a GUI. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ginger_bread84, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Any options to remove the Back/Forward buttons in File Explorer?

I need this option for a restricted/server environment, and I am working on some software/tweaks to make options like this available as a GUI. The internet only provides me options on Windows XP and earlier, so I thought I would try here.

submitted by /u/ginger_bread84
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ginger_bread84, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Feb 17, 2020
  3. corrywd Win User
    Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Any options to remove the Back/Forward buttons in File Explorer?

File Explorer no back and forward

Hi,

It seems that some system files are corrupted. We suggest performing SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. Just follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click Command Prompt(Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type sfc/scannow and press Enter.

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Any options to remove the Back/Forward buttons in File Explorer?

1. Any options to remove the Back/Forward buttons in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - options remove Forward

2. Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?: I really dislike that it automatically activated the grouping by date after this last update, in everything, and it is kind of annoying to have to right clikc and select the "group by none" every single time, I move something from one folder to another and next time I open...
  3. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment...: Hi there.Based on a thread started on Mar 2013 Thread I am popping up this issue again. Today we have Oct 2021 and this is still not solved.Mouse Sculpt Comfort slider buttons functionality is always reset to defaults after PC launch restart, sleep, hibernation despite of the...
  4. File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Buttons/Options are Missing: When I open File Explorer, I recently noticed that there are buttons like "File" "Home" "Share" "View" missing, and generally the entire tab missing This is how it's supposed to look like: https://prnt.sc/smjvcm This is how it looks on my PC: https://prnt.sc/smjuc0 I tried...
  5. Forward/Back buttons on mouse got remapped on Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forward/Back buttons on mouse got remapped on Windows update: Hello, I have been using a J Tech Digital V628P mouse with my windows laptop for some time. Recently, without any action on my part, the functionality tied to the forward/back buttons changed. Now, the forward button launches the calculator (no matter which program is...
  6. File Explorer options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer options: I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote, latest version. Evernote was in my list of choices when selecting a file and Send to. Evernote not in the list anymore. Question: How do I add choices in the Send to function? Hope my question is clear. Thank you....
  7. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list of the pages, you could then select the specific one you wanted to go to instead of clicking through one page at a time until...
  8. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: I was quite surprised at the lack of some of the basic features of Microsoft Edge that have been found in IE for years that are critical in my mind. One of these is the ability to have a drop down list on both the back and forward buttons in the browser to be able to quickly...
  9. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list of the pages, you could then select the specific one you wanted to go to instead of clicking through one page at a time until...
  10. Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to get a larger 'back' button in windows explorer?: The back and up buttons in explorer are really small on screen and not in the same position they used to be in win7. Its annoying because there is loads of room in the ribbon above for big conspicuous buttons. Any suggestions? 10431