Windows 10: any pdf creator which need not to be installed

Discus and support any pdf creator which need not to be installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Thanks, I am using this on my home PC Win 10 but I am searching for Win 7 PC where users do not have this feature and also do not have admin right to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Berton Win User

any pdf creator which need not to be installed

If the users are not allowed to install anything they may not be able to run a portable application, may not even have access to USB devices. Brings me back to an installed program, my Word 14, part of Office 2010, has PDF as a format it can use with File, Save As.

Berton, Sep 1, 2016
  2. mike s Win User

There are basically three ways to create a PDF under Windows:

• Printer Driver which installs as a virtual Windows printer and creates PDF's from within any Windows application capable of using system printers (e.g. BullZip, PDFCreator, PDF995, CutePDF, Adobe Acrobat Distiller, and a zillion others).
    • Direct export from an application (e.g. later versions of Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, etc. There are portable versions of LibreOffice BTW).
    • A "PDF Editor" which is capable, within its own editing screen, of creating simple PDFs from scratch (e.g. typed text) but has no actual interface to the OS's printing apparatus, and so is of very limited usefulness for "creating".

It sounds like you are looking for the first option. Without some "installing" it simply isn't possible since, regardless of the back-end machinery (e.g. GhostScript is easily made "portable") it requires admin privileges to install the virtual printer driver which captures the output.

If this isn't the case, it might help for you to exactly describe the scenario and application(s) that your users are going to be creating PDF's in.

mike s, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Superfly Win User
    Oh, my bad..

I did some development a few years back on an image writer as stand-alone app. primarily for tiffs but could save to pdf as well ... I've lost the source code since, but it may be a good time to re-create something like that, if nothing similar exists.
    No promises tho'...

Superfly, Sep 1, 2016
  4. sam9 Win User

You are right, I am looking for just like first option. I describe two situation . In first I reach a place in a program where it ask to choose the printer to print. At that place I want to create pdf instead of physical print. Second instance is to open a text file and then create pdf. Yes admin rights not available.

5. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, Sep 1, 2016
  6. mike s Win User
    If a user is going to select a system printer that will generate the PDF, then some installation is required as I indicated above. Either it needs to be pre-installed on the user's machine, or they need to have admin rights to install a new printer driver.

For the second instance, I seem to remember that the paid version of PDF-X-Change Viewer (now Editor) had limited ability to generate PDF's from some sources, and can be set up as a portable version:

http://www.tracker-software.com/prod...xchange-viewer

mike s, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. any pdf creator which need not to be installed - Similar Threads - pdf creator need

2. Is there any pdf reader of Microsoft?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there any pdf reader of Microsoft?: Is there any pdf reader of Microsoft? I have no PDF Reader so I am finding the most trusted Microsoft PDF Reader Except Edge. If there any please inform....
  3. SAVING A PDF CREATOR DOCUMENT PATH, FROM/ ON SETUP OF PDF CREATOR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SAVING A PDF CREATOR DOCUMENT PATH, FROM/ ON SETUP OF PDF CREATOR: Saving a pdf creator doc should be saved as "ThisPC/Documents/ ??????file name" - but PDF creator sets it up as C/Users/user/Documents ?????? file name and it will not file any created document because the file path name is not recognised by my system. A message that it...
  4. Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?: Which version do I suppose to get? Right now it's like this: [img] Is it already the good version? Or do I have to wait a day longer (impatient me haha!) And how do I know it's updating to the last version. Oops, so many questions at once, sorry you guys! *Redface...
  5. creator update installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  6. any suggestion for .pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any suggestion for .pdf: Not only .pdf file can show next message: File is corrupt or damaged. I used Adobe Acrobat 8.0 during many years. But I have seen such error first time. I should like to find pdf fixer. 81458
  7. PDF Creators for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Creators for Windows 10: New computer. In past, I’ve had/used various PDF makers e.g. Adobe, Foxit etc. and had problems with all of them. I’ve been reading reviews and, so far, all seem like gibberish to me. I’m looking for suggestions about an easy to install, safe, easy to use, PDF maker that...
  8. Which product key is needed for clean install of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which product key is needed for clean install of windows: Hello, I'm in the process of backing up data and product keys for a fresh install of Windows. Upon digging on google for how to find your windows product key, I found several ways to find it. My HP has a COA sticker with a Windows 7 product key. I also used Produkey, which...
  9. Fall Creators Update 1709 Failed to install - need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update 1709 Failed to install - need help: To begin here our PC specs currently running Windows 10 Home Version 1607 (build: 14393.321) [img] I'm now a member of the Fall Creators Update Failed to install group. I've tried to install with windows update and this came up. [img] I've tried using the media...
  10. Any YouTube content creators here

in Windows 10 Support
    Any YouTube content creators here: Microphone on my headset isn't working after I installed Windows 10 but worked fine on 8.1 If anyone has a solution let me know 9660