Windows 10: Any possibilities of losing ms-settings: file

Discus and support Any possibilities of losing ms-settings: file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just found that I can't open the settings on my PC win10 1909. After I tried to open the settings with ms-settings: in Run, the system notifies me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AsteroidT, Jul 4, 2020.

1. AsteroidT Win User

Any possibilities of losing ms-settings: file

I just found that I can't open the settings on my PC win10 1909. After I tried to open the settings with ms-settings: in Run, the system notifies me that the ms-settings: file can not be located. However, after I enable the Administrator account and enter the system with it, I can open the settings but the original account that I usually still can't.

So my final solution is to reinstall all the built-in apps in PowerShell with the command

Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

and it works.

But why the administrator account can open the settings while my original account can't, and why the ms-settings suddenly disappeared from my system?

:)

AsteroidT, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jul 4, 2020
  4. #Jon# Win User

File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Any possibilities of losing ms-settings: file - Similar Threads - possibilities losing settings

2. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  3. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?: Is there a way of recovering a deleted file? I deleted it about a month ago from my desktop, its a keystore file for my game that i really need. I was an idiot and deleted it and now that im trying to update my game it doesnt let me since im using a new one and i need the...
  4. Is there any possible way of recovering a deleted file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Possible MS Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible MS Scam: Whilst on the internet today, my wife had a new page open with a message, allegedly from Microsoft, reporting that she had a Trojan. She was offered three choices: 1. Go back safely. 2. Get support. 3. Phone 02081448164. I dialled it, but became suspicious when I was directed...
  6. Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to reinstall windows 10 without losing my files?: And is it possible without a usb? submitted by /u/TheRealCrayZee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9a2ve/is_it_possible_to_reinstall_windows_10_without/
  7. MS Pen Loses Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Pen Loses Connection: Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PV, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine. However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it...
  8. Is it possible to install 1803 without losing apps, settings and data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to install 1803 without losing apps, settings and data?: Like many other Windows 10 users in this forum, 1803 will not install for me. I have made several attempts to track down system settings that might be preventing the upgrade (like registry errors, Group Policy settings, security software, using the Windows Update...
  9. losing MS Word

in Windows 10 Support
    losing MS Word: I don't want anything to do with MS Word. I have Word Perfect on my computer. Every document wants to open in MS Word. I know how to click a document, then right click, and then choose Word Perfect, but I don't want to go through all that every time I want to open a document....
  10. Alternate file copy settings possible?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alternate file copy settings possible?: I've never liked the concurrent file copy that Windows has had. I drag a season of TV over to a hard drive, drag another season over while that one is copying, and all of them copy slower and slower to all finish at the same time. I'd like a Consecutive copy rather than a...