Windows 10: Any problem(s) putting these programs to sleep?

Discus and support Any problem(s) putting these programs to sleep? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Avast Internet Security program is suggesting that the following programs (see image below) are slowing down my computer. AIS wants to put them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by flycaster, Dec 25, 2017.

1. flycaster Win User

Any problem(s) putting these programs to sleep?

My Avast Internet Security program is suggesting that the following programs (see image below) are slowing down my computer. AIS wants to put them to sleep, but I have no idea whether or not doing this will cause problems???

Any problem(s) putting these programs to sleep? [​IMG]

:)

flycaster, Dec 25, 2017

2. win 10 home reinstall fail

Take them to a repair shop would be my best advice.

Either that or download an .iso of Windows 10 with another computer and put it on a flash drive and try reinstalling it on those two from there.

The problem with that is that any programs and drivers peculiar to the Asus company have been lost and it is unlikely they will ever work properly without those drivers and programs that came with your original O/S.

CassMorrison_2735, Dec 25, 2017
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    These programs need to be uninstalled.

Hi William,

Have you made sure that the apps are currently not installed on your device? Here's an
    article to help you find all your currently installed apps and programs in Windows 10. It may also be possible
    that there are still files of the apps remaining on your device if they were previously installed on your device. We recommend visiting the developer of the
    PGP Desktop app for help in completely uninstalling the software. You can also follow the instructions on this
    article on how to remove these programs completely on your device.

Update if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Dec 25, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Not sure about the first 4 but, the Mozilla Maintenance Service, you can uninstall it completely and check for updates yourself.

Edwin, Dec 25, 2017
  5. MrHudson Win User
    Intel Rapid Storage is your Firmware. do not disable that.
    Intel Security Assist, that to help protect your hard drive from being hacked.
    Not sure about the other two Intel.

MrHudson, Dec 28, 2017
  6. flycaster Win User
    Yeah, I figured I shouldn't disable any of these

flycaster, Dec 28, 2017
  7. pyramid10 Win User
    On what basis?

If you were to stare at the taskmanager with cpu usage sorted, the first four executables would not even move from their positions, for hours and hours (maybe days or months). IOW, they are already happily asleep, dormant, waiting for triggers that are unlikely to come.

pyramid10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any problem(s) putting these programs to sleep? - Similar Threads - problem putting programs

2. An error occurred while reconnecting to S:\\sharedfolder after putting computer on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error occurred while reconnecting to S:\\sharedfolder after putting computer on sleep: I use Windows 10, the latest update with Gigabyte Z690 + Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller NIC. The problem is when I put the computer to sleep and then wake it up, it shows the error, but it could reconnect itself to the shared folder it seems like there is no...
  3. Putting computer to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Putting computer to sleep: Can anyone help me with this one. No matter what I do in the power settings the computer will not go to sleep after the 5 minutes that I have set. I have done the bit in the advance, but no matter what I do the computer will not go into sleep mode unless I put in there...
  4. Manually put a program to sleep WITHOUT making PC sleep?

Manually put a program to sleep WITHOUT making PC sleep?: Is there any way to manually put a traditional program, not modern Store app, to sleepwithout putting Windows PC to sleep? and be able to open the sleeping program and find it in the same state as before sleep....
  5. Install any program on WIndows 10 in S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install any program on WIndows 10 in S mode: Hey community i want to know if there is a way to install any program over a device that is running Windows 10 in S mode, i know that is possible to switch out of this mode without cost, but i want to mantain the best "performance" that this mode gives to my device and be...
  6. Free program to put laptop into hibernate or sleep or coma

Free program to put laptop into hibernate or sleep or coma: Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best 'free' program to put a laptop into hibernate or sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-program-to-put-laptop-into-hibernate-or-sleep/a143219d-c859-40c1-8eb3-e2ea859c3e3e
  7. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    putting laptop to sleep: steps to put my Dell Laptop to sleep when I am finished for the dat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-laptop-to-sleep/34898161-305a-4188-99a0-a59f33c640f5
  8. windows is not responding after i put somè programs to sleep

windows is not responding after i put somè programs to sleep: Avast antivirus suggested that Ì put to sleèp some programs that I had not used for a long time. Ì followed this suggestion. Soon after Ì found several buttons stopped respondIng to my clicks. When I tried to shut off the screen went black, but the power light stayed on....
  9. Sudden problem with program(s) installations.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden problem with program(s) installations.: Build 15002, clean install updated to 15007. Some programs I was able to install and run for long time now suddenly will not install. Traced problem to Windows installer (32bit) (msiexec.exe) (which just gets stuck with 3 instances). Opens in full screen or minimized and...
  10. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    putting laptop to sleep: I was told by an IT Pro to put the laptop to sleep when I was done using it. Why then overnight at times i turn it on the next day and it is completely shut down, I must hit the power button to get it back on, who or why does this happen? 105593

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Putting programs to sleep

2. putting programs to sleep in windows 10

3. putting programmes to sleep

4. puuting programs to sleep,
  5. putting prorams to sleep