Windows 10: Any progam named 'setup' not opening

Discus and support Any progam named 'setup' not opening in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever i try to run any program named detup nothing happens. I even tried running it as administrator but again the same thing . But if i change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ManthanMistry, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Any progam named 'setup' not opening

Whenever i try to run any program named detup nothing happens. I even tried running it as administrator but again the same thing . But if i change the program name to '.setup' or 'Rsetup' or anything else except 'setup' then it works . But if the setup file is on an cd drive then i cannot change it's name , so it cant install the program or game

:)

ManthanMistry, Nov 21, 2019

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 progam issues

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Although, after a clean install there is no Windows.old folder left but in your case, as you mention, you have recovered old files, possibly from Windows.old folder. Here, I would like to inform that when you perform 'Reset', the old folder
    contains only the shortcuts and paths to the old programs (that did not come preinstalled) and not the actual programs. So, unless the programs are installed again that wouldn't show up in your Start menu.

Also, if you have Windows.old folder listed in your root drive (usually C:\ drive), the I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps to reinstate the data.

• Double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).

• Double-click the Windows.old folder.

• Double-click the Users folder.

• Double-click your user name.

• Open the folders that contain the files you want to retrieve.

• Copy and paste the files that you want from each folder to a folder in Windows 10.

• Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your PC.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Any progam named 'setup' not opening

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Any progam named 'setup' not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Any progam named 'setup' not opening

1. Any progam named 'setup' not opening - Similar Threads - progam named 'setup'

2. Cannot delete progam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete progam: I installed LogMeOnce, diid not like it and uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller. It still functioned. Removed it from registry and it stop[ed/ Now it is back and I cannot locate a file. It keeps screwing up my passwords....
  3. Cannot delete progam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete progam: I installed LogMeOnce, diid not like it and uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller. It still functioned. Removed it from registry and it stop[ed/ Now it is back and I cannot locate a file. It keeps screwing up my passwords....
  4. task bar progams do not open up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar progams do not open up: task bar programs do not open up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-progams-do-not-open-up/7f151d9e-33c0-4150-96f7-e87cdcbe8a90
  5. task bar progams do not open up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar progams do not open up: task bar programs do not open up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-progams-do-not-open-up/7f151d9e-33c0-4150-96f7-e87cdcbe8a90
  6. task bar progams do not open up

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microsoft Apps/Progams/Softwares

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Apps/Progams/Softwares: None of my Microsoft supported programs or softwares will load or connect. Xbox app, Microsoft store, Microsoft news, get help app, etc. Whenever I try to load up the Xbox app it just loads forever and when I try to open Microsoft store it says "try that again page could not...
  8. security progams

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security progams: Which security progams provide quality protection for all devices i own. Such as my mobile, desktop, tablet with one service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-progams/18df491c-a0e4-47cd-924b-7d03448773e7
  9. dmw.exe and Nvidia Optimus Technology: are there any indicators as to which progams are...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dmw.exe and Nvidia Optimus Technology: are there any indicators as to which progams are...: Just had a long talk to both Nvidia and Microsoft Support. The problem is that dmw.exe (desktop window manager) hugs onto some programs and games after tabbing out or running the program in windowed mode for mobile graphics cards of the nvidia m series (eg 870m in my case)...
  10. network setup name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network setup name: when I set up my network I didn't get to name it. how do I change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-setup-name/c7db09b8-f504-42e2-b527-7d27b4d04578