Windows 10: Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...

Discus and support Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 30 or 40% of my ram is being used for no reason if i'm staying on my desktop with all programs closed this is why my system is very slow , in much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marinel Cipu, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...

30 or 40% of my ram is being used for no reason if i'm staying on my desktop with all programs closed this is why my system is very slow , in much cases , and my specs are : i7 7500u 2.7 up to 3.5 ghz , nvidia 940mx gpu with 2gb , hdd 5400 rpm 1 tb . I using my laptop also a lot for gaming , and sometimes things go wrong with the ram , even if it's not about gaming. I would like to use some ram optimization programs , if it's reccomended , do you guys know one or more of them ? or what can i do to fix ram issues ? by the way i'm running windows 10 pro x64 1803 build 17134.254. Thanks !​

:)

Marinel Cipu, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Installed Memory(RAM)

Hi Jyotirmay,

Base on the screenshot you provided, it means you have a 3.5 GB usable memory out of the 4 GB memory installed. The amount of usable memory that you see is not exact amount. Usable memory is a calculated amount of the total physical memory minus "hardware
    reserved" memory.

The reduction of the available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices.
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory.
    • The System BIOS version and settings.
    • The version of Windows that is installed
    • Other system settings.

If you find that much of your RAM is regularly being used, consider adding more RAM if possible, especially if your PC only has 1 or 2 gigabytes (GB) of RAM. To learn more about what kind of RAM your PC model uses, first look at the memory info in Task Manager,
    and then visit the PC manufacturer’s website for more specific info.

Any program that will help my  ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used... adbf94c8-6e3b-47cd-870a-1807aaea723e?upload=true.png

• Type of memory (RAM) PC uses
    • RAM speed
    • Memory slots used

Here’s some info about the minimum memory requirements for Windows 10:

• Windows 10 (32-bit) can run on a PC with 1 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 2 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 3 GB or more.
    • Windows 10 (64-bit) can run on a PC with 2 GB of RAM, but it runs better with 4 GB. For better performance, add memory so you have 6 GB or more.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...

Something is eating 99% of 16gb RAM

In this case, we suggest monitoring your RAM and Virtual Memory usage to check what programs are using the most memory in your system. To do this, simply follow the steps on this

article
    . You can also refer to this article -
    Optimize Windows for Better Performance
    to make your system perform faster.

Let us know how it goes and if you have other questions, feel free to post on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used...

1. Any program that will help my ram memory to run better ? because most of my ram is used... - Similar Threads - program help ram

2. In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.: My compressed ram keeps increasing to use all of my ram. When I restart, it my computer works for a while then becomes unusable. I have had ram issues in the past bluescreens, crashing, pc shutting down without warning but I replaced my motherboard and RAM which seemed to...
  3. In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.: My compressed ram keeps increasing to use all of my ram. When I restart, it my computer works for a while then becomes unusable. I have had ram issues in the past bluescreens, crashing, pc shutting down without warning but I replaced my motherboard and RAM which seemed to...
  4. Multiple instances of powershell running, using up most of my RAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple instances of powershell running, using up most of my RAM: Pretty much the title, multiple instances of powershell are running and taking up most of my RAM.I saw a different thread about this, so I already installed FRST and uploaded my zipped logs.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AgtJ5LvJr3-XZxtRMq1_xDJwS-tAchjL/view?usp=sharing...
  5. Multiple instances of powershell running, using up most of my RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple instances of powershell running, using up most of my RAM: Pretty much the title, multiple instances of powershell are running and taking up most of my RAM.I saw a different thread about this, so I already installed FRST and uploaded my zipped logs.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AgtJ5LvJr3-XZxtRMq1_xDJwS-tAchjL/view?usp=sharing...
  6. Multiple instances of powershell running, using up most of my RAM

7. Will increasing my ram from 4gb to 12gb ram help in better gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will increasing my ram from 4gb to 12gb ram help in better gaming: I have a intel cre i5 6300u @2.40ghz4gb ram 500 gb storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-increasing-my-ram-from-4gb-to-12gb-ram-help/d6dd09ae-d183-4ab8-9bed-54fdf8ef6fd2
  8. Will increasing my ram from 4gb to 12gb ram help in better gaming

Will increasing my ram from 4gb to 12gb ram help in better gaming: I have a intel cre i5 6300u @2.40ghz4gb ram 500 gb storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-increasing-my-ram-from-4gb-to-12gb-ram-help/d6dd09ae-d183-4ab8-9bed-54fdf8ef6fd2
  9. Will increasing my ram from 4gb to 12gb ram help in better gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. my pc uses alot of memory and ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my pc uses alot of memory and ram: Hello, i have an issue my pc uses alot of memory and ram while i dont have anything on and in the background apps everything is off and startup i only have Update.Github on why does it, use alot of memory and ram background apps dont use that much...