Windows 10: Any reason to upgrade from SyncBack Free to Pro version?

Discus and support Any reason to upgrade from SyncBack Free to Pro version? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; What is Pro version offering that is worth upgrading from Free? I have seen compare lists, but not sure, what are major differences (being new user).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jason2004, Dec 22, 2020.

1. jason2004 Win User

Any reason to upgrade from SyncBack Free to Pro version?

What is Pro version offering that is worth upgrading from Free?

I have seen compare lists, but not sure, what are major differences (being new user).

So far, I have found that Free version is not keeping Folder timestamps.

:)

jason2004, Dec 22, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Tomel Win User
    Avast and SyncBack Free

Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded most recent version from 2BrightSparks site and installed (or tried to) -- same problem. Finally had to put SyncBack Free folder as an exclusion in Avast.

Anyone else having this problem? I saw that same problem occurred several years ago and was apparently resolved.

Tomel, Dec 22, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Any reason to upgrade from SyncBack Free to Pro version? - Similar Threads - reason upgrade SyncBack

2. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?: Greetings!I have been using win11 home ever since buying a new pc.Was wondering if going from WIN11 home to Win11 pro is possible for free. Thank you...
  3. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?: Greetings!I have been using win11 home ever since buying a new pc.Was wondering if going from WIN11 home to Win11 pro is possible for free. Thank you...
  4. Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?: Twice a day at least I'm reminded that Windows 7 is no longer supported. Are there any free upgrades available ? I'm using an HP desktop.thanksMike...
  5. Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?

Are there currently any free upgrades to Windows 7 Pro ?: Twice a day at least I'm reminded that Windows 7 is no longer supported. Are there any free upgrades available ? I'm using an HP desktop.thanksMike...
  6. Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?: Hi, I was recently curious about upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro, so I checked via the Microsoft Store. There was a button that said "Upgrade now" or something, which I clicked, and after an update procedure/restart, it now appears that my edition of Windows 10 has been...
  7. Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?

Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?: Hi, I was recently curious about upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro, so I checked via the Microsoft Store. There was a button that said "Upgrade now" or something, which I clicked, and after an update procedure/restart, it now appears that my edition of Windows 10 has been...
  8. Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Win10 free upgrade version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 free upgrade version: After Win10 download, pc settings needs to be reset manually again. But Win10 is demanding to reactive Windows, What? Windows isn't Activated, pressed the button to activate - nothing happens? >2nd question, after upgrading to win10, system is rejecting owner to enter Devise...
  10. Avast and SyncBack Free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast and SyncBack Free: Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded most recent version from...