Windows 10: Any reason why my memory on task manager isn't adding up to what the percentage is?

Discus and support Any reason why my memory on task manager isn't adding up to what the percentage is? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason my memory starts to get high after using my computer for a while. Even when I close programs back to the way it was when it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VanishingBlaze, May 9, 2022.

1. Any reason why my memory on task manager isn't adding up to what the percentage is?

For some reason my memory starts to get high after using my computer for a while. Even when I close programs back to the way it was when it was restarted the memory is still high (normally 10% on 16gb system and currently its at 40% even when things are closed)

submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VanishingBlaze, May 9, 2022
  2. 1AlM Win User

Win 10 Task Manager and Memory Issue

Thanks for the reply Jim.

I was sure I had typed the command correctly. As for the memory issues, I've noticed that when I check the Performance tab, it shows the memory usage as a physical amount used out of 16GB, so it appears as you suggested that the 1st page in the task manager
    dialogue incorrectly reports the percentage of memory in use as a percentage of memory overall.

Many thanks for the reply.

1AlM, May 9, 2022
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 9, 2022
  4. Any reason why my memory on task manager isn't adding up to what the percentage is?

Wrong memory percentage?

The percent indicated in your screenshot is the total percentage of the memory in use. It represents the total of that column from task manager, not that single entry. Have a look at the entire task manager display.

Alan Russell, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Any reason why my memory on task manager isn't adding up to what the percentage is?

1. Any reason why my memory on task manager isn't adding up to what the percentage is? - Similar Threads - reason why memory

2. Task manager percentage and value is different.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager percentage and value is different.: My task manager is saying that 20% of my RAM is currently being used by Chrome. But when I change the manager visual for memory to value. It only shows around 750 MB. this isn't only chrome, it's all apps. I have 8 GB of RAM, and I'm pretty sure 750 MB is NOT 20% of 8 GB....
  3. Task manager percentage and value is different.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager percentage and value is different.: My task manager is saying that 20% of my RAM is currently being used by Chrome. But when I change the manager visual for memory to value. It only shows around 750 MB. this isn't only chrome, it's all apps. I have 8 GB of RAM, and I'm pretty sure 750 MB is NOT 20% of 8 GB....
  4. Task manager shows more percentage of memory used than what is actualy used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager shows more percentage of memory used than what is actualy used: I have 8 gb of memory and I have noticed that my computer starts to slow down. The task manager shows:זיכרון = "Memory"while in the users tab:What could be causing this?...
  5. Task manager shows more percentage of memory used than what is actualy used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager shows more percentage of memory used than what is actualy used: I have 8 gb of memory and I have noticed that my computer starts to slow down. The task manager shows:זיכרון = "Memory"while in the users tab:What could be causing this?...
  6. Task Manager not adding up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager not adding up: I have 4 GB of RAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-adding-up/bd0eeff4-3b6c-4c65-afd4-aea8b9dbbde8
  7. WHAT is eating up all my memory/RAM? Task manager not adding up to 16GB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT is eating up all my memory/RAM? Task manager not adding up to 16GB: [ATTACH] I have 16 GB of RAM installed, but my Windows 10 PC is not acting like it! As you can see in my screenshot, it says I am at 75% memory usage even though the biggest programs are taking up ~3GB. So what is happening to the rest of my RAM? As you can also see...
  8. Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being...

Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being...: When I use Task Manager to see how much memory is being used, it says 76% memory. I have 8GB of ram. However when I add up all the memory being used by all the different processes, it doesn't add up to 8GB. [ATTACH] As seen in the gif above, the memory usage shown by each...
  9. why are my ram usage percentages so high in task manager

why are my ram usage percentages so high in task manager: I have 8 GB of ram on my PC. So I'd expect my ram usage to be at 100 percent when I'm around 8 GB in usage. But whenever I'm checking task manager, I'll have a couple programs open only using about 500 to 600 MB of memory, and it says that I'm using 50 percent of it. Not sure...
  10. What's up with my task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's up with my task manager?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DumbRacer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8c75m/whats_up_with_my_task_manager/