Windows 10: Any reason why the clock is off by 3 minutes while "set time automatically" is enabled?

Discus and support Any reason why the clock is off by 3 minutes while "set time automatically" is enabled? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just as the topic says. For some reason the clock in my Windows 10 is always off by a few minutes. I would like to think that it automatically syncs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GranvilleOchoa, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Any reason why the clock is off by 3 minutes while "set time automatically" is enabled?

Just as the topic says. For some reason the clock in my Windows 10 is always off by a few minutes. I would like to think that it automatically syncs with some internet time service but apparently not. This has been annoying me for months now.

submitted by /u/GranvilleOchoa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GranvilleOchoa, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Clock always 20 minutes fast if set on automatic

There's at least 3 places on this list that have 30 minute offsets but that doesn't explain 20 minutes:
    The World Clock Worldwide

Berton, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    Automatic Time setting for World Clock is incorrect

Hello Arthur:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issue you are having with World Clock. After looking into this I am assuming you are referring to an application called world clock. It looks as if there are multiple applications by this name,

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/search?q=world+clock
    . After downloading one, it does seem the application should be using the time on your phone as I could not find and option to manually set the time. With that being said, this may be an issue
    with the application itself.

The one thing I might suggest you try is see if you have a different experience when your date + time setting is set to manual vs. automatic. Go to settings > date + time > set to automatic. This should set the phone's time and date based on your mobile
    operator. Restart your phone and go to the World clock application. Take note of the listed time. Now, go back to settings > date + time > set to manual > set the date and time to match your local area. Once you have done this, restart the phone and check
    the application again, is there any difference with the listed time?

I personally could not get the application to show the proper time of any regions. If you continue to see this issue, I would suggest looking at some of the other World clock applications.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Aug 12, 2020
  4. Any reason why the clock is off by 3 minutes while "set time automatically" is enabled?

Clock always 20 minutes fast if set on automatic

I Googled 'Windows 10 clock wrong' but only results pertaining to a wrong time zone showed up and it said to set the time zone to manual and select your time zone. But the time zone of a work computer I am told to troubleshoot is indeed on the correct time zone. It does not matter if my time zone is on automatic or manual, the clock always runs 20 minutes fast.

so I added '20 minutes fast to my search, still only got the results about wrong time zone. threw quotes around "20 minuts fast" and then got "no results for" "searching without quotes" and the same results about the time zones. There seems to be no information regarding the clock being 20 minutes fast.

There seems to be a different issue causing it to be 20 minutes fast. There is no place in the world that is going to have a 20 minute time difference, especially in America. So I have no clue why the clock is 20 minutes fast when it is on automatic. This computer has been this way since my work has gotten the computer. Windows 10 is the original OS. We had it about a year

I tried setting the time to manual and putting in the correct time, but as soon as I put it back on automatic, it becomes 20 minutes fast again.

This is an Acer Aspire XC-603G

Ornithophilia, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Any reason why the clock is off by 3 minutes while "set time automatically" is enabled?

1. Any reason why the clock is off by 3 minutes while "set time automatically" is enabled? - Similar Threads - reason why clock

2. Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?: Newly built pc about a month old, everything was running great till about a week ago. After logging in, it would do its normal thing and start everything up and get it ready about 3-5 minutes in it just freezes, unresponsive, screen is still on and pc fans are still running....
  3. Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes a few minutes after start up, any reason as to why?: Newly built pc about a month old, everything was running great till about a week ago. After logging in, it would do its normal thing and start everything up and get it ready about 3-5 minutes in it just freezes, unresponsive, screen is still on and pc fans are still running....
  4. Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self: Hi,Working on a bunch of 2016 & 2019 servers in a CCTV application and time sync is very important. All computers are in local workgroup, no domain. I have found servers with the wrong time and the Set Time Automatically Option grayed out or turned off. I click to enable and...
  5. Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Time Automatically Turns Off By It Self: Hi,Working on a bunch of 2016 & 2019 servers in a CCTV application and time sync is very important. All computers are in local workgroup, no domain. I have found servers with the wrong time and the Set Time Automatically Option grayed out or turned off. I click to enable and...
  6. PC Automatically setting my audio to sleep after 3 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Automatically setting my audio to sleep after 3 minutes: Dear All, I'm using Bose external speakers connected to my PC and when I'm not listening to anything on my computer It automatically puts the audio speakers to sleep and I have to tap the "On" button again when I want to listen to music. This sounds like no big deal but its...
  7. Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off

Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off: [ATTACH]I have a problem on a new computer I just got last month, I only just realized the problem today, the clock that is in the taskbar shows the correct time for my timezone, but for everything else, such as discord. shows time in the opposite time AM PM and the time it...
  8. Why does my clock settings keep setting the time automatically?

Why does my clock settings keep setting the time automatically?: Whenever I log on into my computer the clock changes to a different time that is not correct. I keep disabling the Set Time Automatically option in the Date & Time settings but it still wont work. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?...
  9. Clock always 20 minutes fast if set on automatic

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock always 20 minutes fast if set on automatic: I Googled 'Windows 10 clock wrong' but only results pertaining to a wrong time zone showed up and it said to set the time zone to manual and select your time zone. But the time zone of a work computer I am told to troubleshoot is indeed on the correct time zone. It does not...
  10. Date and time settings - clocks

in Windows 10 Support
    Date and time settings - clocks: Hi, I have additional time zones setup on my date and time. When i was running win 8.1 and i clicked on the time it popped up with 3 clocks - all nice and pretty easy on the eye and all that. Now it pops up with the calendar uk time in large text and at the top in small text...