Windows 10: Any recommendation on external SSD drive?

Discus and support Any recommendation on external SSD drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was looking to buy an SSD external hard drive 1TB. There are too many choices out there. Does anybody have any recommendation in terms of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Murat, May 21, 2021.

1. Murat Win User

Any recommendation on external SSD drive?

Hi, I was looking to buy an SSD external hard drive 1TB. There are too many choices out there. Does anybody have any recommendation in terms of specific model or brands? I am mainly looking for quality and reliability. Please advice, Thank you.

:)

Murat, May 21, 2021

2. Is there can a external ssd drive be used as the main OS drive?

Hi Robert,

We don't recommend using an external SSD as the main OS drive. You can use an external SSD as the main OS drive, but you need to configure the BIOS of your computer for it to boot the OS from the external SSD. We suggest contacting your computer manufacturer
    for assistance on configuring the BIOS of your computer.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, May 21, 2021
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 21, 2021
  4. Any recommendation on external SSD drive?

SSD external drive

My external ssd device connected to my hp laptop. Device Manager shows ssd in Disk Device but not on system directory....no external drive label

PhilipLaw3, May 21, 2021
Thema:

Any recommendation on external SSD drive?

1. Any recommendation on external SSD drive? - Similar Threads - recommendation external SSD

2. external SSD USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external SSD USB drive: hello community; I have a NEW Dell desktop PC, my OS is windows 10 pro. I have an SSD USB external drive for my backup PC generated important files. Recently when I was about to access the external drive an error box opened in the bottom right corner of my screen which reads...
  3. external SSD USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external SSD USB drive: hello community; I have a NEW Dell desktop PC, my OS is windows 10 pro. I have an SSD USB external drive for my backup PC generated important files. Recently when I was about to access the external drive an error box opened in the bottom right corner of my screen which reads...
  4. external SSD USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Any recommendation on external SSD drive?

Any recommendation on external SSD drive?: Hi, I was looking to buy an SSD external hard drive 1TB. There are too many choices out there. Does anybody have any recommendation in terms of specific model or brands? I am mainly looking for quality and reliability. Please advice, Thank you. 179756
  6. looking for external ssd drive recommendations

looking for external ssd drive recommendations: i'm looking for reliable and fast ssd drive, that will use as my system drive (windows 10). what should i be looking for? (500gb is enough) should i buy usb3 drive or m.2 drive connected via usb3 enclosure? will that be giving me some advantage? 174624
  7. External SSD Drives

External SSD Drives: W-10 No Longer Recognizes External SSD Drives on Dell XPS. HP Pavilion does with no problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled USB Drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-ssd-drives/b13f61d3-e987-4f29-be39-bfc08a38b7e6
  8. SSD external drive

SSD external drive: My external ssd device connected to my hp laptop. Device Manager shows ssd in Disk Device but not on system directory....no external drive label https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-external-drive/3df1d677-63b9-4b76-9ac3-0d0f2f7b15fc
  9. Format SSD drive or any drive

Format SSD drive or any drive: Hello, When I perform a quick format of my SSD drive then I experienced problems/conflicts when I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my SSD drive afterwards compared to a slow(deep) format of my SSD drive! When I do a slow format of my SSD drive then I experience no...
  10. Recommendations On: PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES

Recommendations On: PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES: Ello Folks! Looking to get the Portable Hard-drive thats right for me. I want to mainly keep documents on this and some other stuff. Like pictures but not a ton. Mainly documents in PDF format. I want this mainly to keep all my licensing and regulatory stuff all in one...