Windows 10: Any recommendations for a right-click dictionary?

Discus and support Any recommendations for a right-click dictionary? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to be able to right-click on a word - anywhere: browser, GDocs, Office, Evernote, Pocket, Kindle, etc - and get a pop-up definition for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdB, Jan 24, 2019.

1. EDB
    EdB Win User

Any recommendations for a right-click dictionary?

I want to be able to right-click on a word - anywhere: browser, GDocs, Office, Evernote, Pocket, Kindle, etc - and get a pop-up definition for the word. Anybody have a recommendation? Free would be nice, so would a thesaurus. Thanks. --Ed

:)

2. Dinasis Win User

How to view or edit the custom dictionary?

If you go to Keyboard under Settings, you can hit "reset text suggestions" to return the dictionary/suggestions to what it came pre-loaded with. I don't know of a way to more finely tune it. I would like to see the ability to create and edit a custom word
    list, like the custom dictionary list as Office uses.

Dinasis, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Using Windows 10 trying to load from CD-ROM the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Do you get any error message?

This seems to be Compatibility issue of Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. follow the Steps below to install the program in Compatibility Mode.

Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install Shorter Oxford English Dictionary
    in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary setup files
    and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also set you screen resolution to recommended settings. Follow the steps below.

• Type Change the screen resolution.
    • Under Resolution drop down select 1920x1080(recommended).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Feathers Win User

Dictionary in Word?

Thank you so much 1x07. I've put the Collins Dictionary into My Add-ins and I've put an icon for it on the quick access toolbar. When I click that icon it takes me to the list of add-ons and I then have to click the Collins Dictionary tab to get it open. Is there any way I can avoid having to do two moves? Can it be set up so that the Dictionary opens by just clicking the tookbar icon? Kind regards to you and many thanks for your help.

Feathers, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Any recommendations for a right-click dictionary? - Similar Threads - recommendations right click

2. I can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't right click on any file.: My desktop uses Windows 10; suddenly I can't right click on any file in file explorer such as pdf, image, ppt,... When I right click on the right one, my screen gonna turn black and then exit the file explorer.Thank you all for helping....
  3. I can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't right click on any file.: My desktop uses Windows 10; suddenly I can't right click on any file in file explorer such as pdf, image, ppt,... When I right click on the right one, my screen gonna turn black and then exit the file explorer.Thank you all for helping....
  4. I can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I'm can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm can't right click on any file.: My desktop uses Windows 10; suddenly I can't right click on any file in file explorer such as pdf, image, ppt,... When I right click on the right one, my screen gonna turn black and then exit the file explorer.Thank you all for helping....
  6. I'm can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm can't right click on any file.: My desktop uses Windows 10; suddenly I can't right click on any file in file explorer such as pdf, image, ppt,... When I right click on the right one, my screen gonna turn black and then exit the file explorer.Thank you all for helping....
  7. I'm can't right click on any file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Dictionary +

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dictionary +: Необходимо в срочном порядке отредактировать словари для различных компьютерных программ и операционных систем компаний Microsoft Windows, Word etc., Adobe, Apple, Android, Google, Yandex, OpenOffice, Ubuntu и т.д. • Имена собственные: топонимы как Москва, Александров,...
  9. Re; a problem with right clicking on any file

in Windows 10 Support
    Re; a problem with right clicking on any file: This is on a Gateway laptop NV570P-18U OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. It doesn't mater what file or folder that I right click on. The menu is very slow to come up. And sometimes the blue circle just sits there and goes around and around and that's it. I have researched this problem...
  10. Explorer not respoding on right click on any icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer not respoding on right click on any icon: Hello, When i right click on any icon on desktop, on any download or right click on any drive, it loads then it says Not respoding and restarts explorer. Any fix?...