Windows 10: Any registry key that controls Taskbar Icon size?

Discus and support Any registry key that controls Taskbar Icon size? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is Small in the Settings/Pers.. /Taskbar that is why too small and [img] Regular, which is just a tad too small The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frabnkhs, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Frabnkhs Win User

Any registry key that controls Taskbar Icon size?

There is Small in the Settings/Pers.. /Taskbar that is why too small and
    Any registry key that controls Taskbar Icon size? [​IMG]
    Regular, which is just a tad too small

The Settings/Personalization/Taskbar is one or the other (Small or Standard/Regular)

I went through all the Tutorials and Nada

I'm comfortable enough using Regedit, just can't find the key

BTW, nice stock of well written Tutorials

:)

Frabnkhs, Apr 13, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Taskbar registry key

You can experiment to determine this.

Download, install and run Regshot (free).
    Make sure your PC is idle.
    Create the first snapshot.. wait patiently.
    Now change the taskbar size
    Create the 2nd snapshot.. wait patiently.
    Click Compare

The report categorises and lists changes to registry keys. It's normally not long.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 13, 2020
  4. KenY7744 Win User

What registry key contains taskbar height

I like my Win10 taskbar to be 3 rows high (3 rows of icons). Every time a Windows Update is applied, the height of the taskbar reverts to 1 row high.

This is only one of many settings that gets reverted back to some default value. I change several settings related to desktop icon fonts (which also affects the size of the font in File Explorer and other apps) and mouse pointer size and mouse behavior.

I have found the registry keys that contain these settings, and I've exported those branches to REG files that I can click on after an update and restore my favorite mouse and font settings.

I would like to do the same with the registry key that controls the height of the taskbar so I can just click it to restore my favorite taskbar height after an update. Does anyone know the registry key for taskbar height?

ALSO, is it possible to consolidate these separate REG files to one REG file?

KenY7744, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Any registry key that controls Taskbar Icon size? - Similar Threads - registry key controls

2. Taskbar icons size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons size: So for like a month or so after one update these taskbar icons are so big i cant even look at them. Tb stopped working and yes ive tried taskbarsi set it to 0 still they are big im running on 1280x1024 bc its just better for me while playing games and i got used to it. Icons...
  3. Taskbar icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  4. Taskbar icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icon size: When I first upgraded to Windows 11, the one problem I had was the size of the icons in the Taskbar. Being visually changed, they were just too small. After some digging, I found a YouTube video by Kevin Stratvert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswaXcWWCo0 , that, in five...
  5. Registry key for taskbar notification icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry key for taskbar notification icons: We would like to hide a specific icon in the taskbar. We can hide it by going to Settings/Taskbar/Notification area/Turn system icons on or offIs there a registry key for this? There is a specific icon I would like to hide throughout our domain....
  6. Registry key for taskbar notification icons

Registry key for taskbar notification icons: We would like to hide a specific icon in the taskbar. We can hide it by going to Settings/Taskbar/Notification area/Turn system icons on or offIs there a registry key for this? There is a specific icon I would like to hide throughout our domain....
  7. Taskbar Icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon size: Is there anyway Microsoft can include a Taskbar Icon Size adjustment in the settings with an update for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-size/d5e19191-fbf6-4176-ac07-8abca3fb44f1
  8. Taskbar Icon size

Taskbar Icon size: Is there anyway Microsoft can include a Taskbar Icon Size adjustment in the settings with an update for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-size/d5e19191-fbf6-4176-ac07-8abca3fb44f1
  9. Taskbar registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar registry key: Hi i need know where is the key path of the taskbar size in the registry. I hope your answers regards 138473
  10. Size of taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of taskbar icons: How can I enlarge my taskbar icons I can only see 30% of the icon. 57839

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 small taskbar icons registry

2. windows 10 icons too small