Windows 10: Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?

Discus and support Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I found it incredibly helpful to have my calendar available at a glance on the desktop. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. Are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HobieSailor, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?

I found it incredibly helpful to have my calendar available at a glance on the desktop.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. Are there any workarounds that provide the same functionality?

submitted by /u/HobieSailor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HobieSailor, Jan 30, 2021

2. Need a way to replace two gadgets

Hi folks, in moving from Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro I will have to give up two beloved gadgets, All CPU Meter and Slideshow.exe. The CPU meter was a standard W7 gadget, so some of you may have seen it. I found the Slideshow.exe gadget on the web to replace the one I had used in Vista. The Vista slideshow came with a set of non-replaceable images. The one I found uses JPG images that I place in a file for it, and rotates through them in a space of about an inch and a half wide by an inch tall. I know that the size will depend on the monitor size and resolution, but this will give you an idea that the images are small.

I would dearly love to replace these gadgets with mini-programs that do the same thing, and would appreciate your advice!

A post in How-To Geek suggested seeing if these have been replicated in Rainmeter, and I have also posted my query there. I did check there soon after W10 came out, and no one had an answer at that time.

Judy in Texas, Jan 30, 2021
  3. lady89nen Win User
    Desktop gadgets

Hello, I have a quick question. My desktop gadgets disappeared after windows update. I've tried everything. What should I do, any suggestions? tnx

lady89nen, Jan 30, 2021
  4. WEKJR Win User

Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?

Desktop Gadgets turn ON/OFF (8gadgetpack)

Thanks much. Must be the same issue for Desktop Gadgets Revived. I'll try their suggestions for Glassy CPU/Network Monitor and see if they work. Another issue was that with Desktop Gadgets Revived my system slowed quite a bit after installing the two gadgets that did not appear and ran fine after uninstalling it.

WEKJR, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?

1. Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets? - Similar Threads - replacement win7 desktop

2. Win7 desktop: motherboard replacement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 desktop: motherboard replacement?: Hi,My wife has a Win7 computer that I built many years ago, with a purchased copy of OEM Win7 installed on it, and some rather pricey software for which we can no longer find the installation discs or the activation code. The computer has died; verified by disconnecting the...
  3. Win7 desktop: motherboard replacement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 desktop: motherboard replacement?: Hi,My wife has a Win7 computer that I built many years ago, with a purchased copy of OEM Win7 installed on it, and some rather pricey software for which we can no longer find the installation discs or the activation code. The computer has died; verified by disconnecting the...
  4. W10 desktop system gadgets,any?

W10 desktop system gadgets,any?: Hi guys. I want to monitor my PC system paramters like RAM,CPU freq/usage,GPU freq etc...via desktop gadget. I tried HWInfo gadget but it's gadget sucks. I have some old W7 system gadgets but I'm no sure if they are accurate with W10. I want it to run automatically when I...
  5. Need a way to replace two gadgets

Need a way to replace two gadgets: Hi folks, in moving from Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro I will have to give up two beloved gadgets, All CPU Meter and Slideshow.exe. The CPU meter was a standard W7 gadget, so some of you may have seen it. I found the Slideshow.exe gadget on the web to replace the one I had used in...
  6. Desktop gadgets

Desktop gadgets: Hello, I have a quick question. My desktop gadgets disappeared after windows update. I've tried everything. What should I do, any suggestions? tnx 85116
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work

Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work: Hello, I am new to the forum, and I was wondering, why does the Weather gadget not work? I noticed on Windows 7 it doesn't work either. I recently downloaded "Desktop Gadgets" for Windows 10 like you would have in Windows 7. I do not know how to fix this. I like my...
  8. Desktop Gadgets?

Desktop Gadgets?: So I was poking through gpedit.msc looking for things to disable when I found: [img] I thought desktop gadgets were removed in Windows 8? To test it I enabled them, got my favorite .gadget. Nada. Is this for compatibility purposes or just another example of...
  9. Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?

Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?: Is there any way to get a Desktop Clock and Calendar like the Windows 7 gadgets? The other gadget I miss is All CPU Meter, any thoughts? 9514
  10. Icons on the desktop under gadgets

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on the desktop under gadgets: When I upgraded to Win 10 I just couldn't give up my gadgets so I use a gadget program called "8gadgetpak" now it works fine but I also find that if I create a new file or copy a file to the desktop it invariably ends up behind one the the gadgets, its like Windows does not...