Windows 10: Any Serious Windows 10 Gurus Here? I have a problem I cant solve.

Discus and support Any Serious Windows 10 Gurus Here? I have a problem I cant solve. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, so i have a strange problem, I know how to "solve it" [format and clean install win10], but its not fun, I want to solve it the proper way. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheUncleShow, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Any Serious Windows 10 Gurus Here? I have a problem I cant solve.

Hey, so i have a strange problem, I know how to "solve it" [format and clean install win10], but its not fun, I want to solve it the proper way.

This win10 install is almost 3 years old, its been with 8700K, 9900K, 9700K, 10700 and 10700K and 2 mobos, z370 and z490.

My main issue is that all my CPUs dont perform properly, not even by using the Ultimate performance profile.

For starters, both 10700 and 10700K have Turbo Boost 3.0 which used trough windows driver [years ago it was trough Intel driver, but not anymore], well it doesn't work, no matter what.

BUT the main issue is that ALL my CPUs FAIL to meet their Stock speed benchmarks, meaning that I always get at least 10% lower score then what these CPUs supposed to get.

Actually even with multi core enhancements enabled i dont get same performance others get on stock and it happened to all my CPUs.

Mainly I use CPU-Z, it has benchmark tool and pre-set scores of what you supposed to get, i never come close, my 10700K doesn't come close to CPU-Z ,10700[non-k] pre-set score and my 10700 that I had for a week was even worse and same with all my previous CPUs.

The issue is not with cheap motherboards and trash VRM, I always get good motherboards, my z370 mobo was Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7 [its the prequel to AORUS Master] and my z490 mobo is ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING.

Same goes for comparing Cinebench score, say i go to 10700K review and check their stock scores, NOPE, my 10700K even with 5Ghz overclock is much less

I tried all sorts of BIOS setting, using all default settings and its even worse.

Something F**d up in my windows 10 scheduler, it doesn't increase speed properly, also I noticed when I do single core benchmark all cores go to max speed, thats not how it supposed to work [and that locks me up at all core turbo boost, instead of increasing and going to higher single core turbo boost 2.0 and turbo boost 3.0]

I had the same issues on my 9900K, I dont remember how it was on fresh install with 8700K, it was long time ago, but for sure I know my 9900K always got lower CPU-Z scores then pre-set one.

submitted by /u/TheUncleShow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheUncleShow, Jul 10, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 10, 2020
  3. I am having this error problem

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Any Serious Windows 10 Gurus Here? I have a problem I cant solve.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Any Serious Windows 10 Gurus Here? I have a problem I cant solve.

1. Any Serious Windows 10 Gurus Here? I have a problem I cant solve. - Similar Threads - Serious Gurus Here

2. I have a serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a serious problem: i changed the file program location from disk c: to external hard d: from registry editorand when i turnit back it wont and all shortcuts dont work even blendr stopedi realy need fast help on this...
  3. I have a serious problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a serious problem: i changed the file program location from disk c: to external hard d: from registry editorand when i turnit back it wont and all shortcuts dont work even blendr stopedi realy need fast help on this...
  4. I have a serious problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a serious problem: Hello, I have a very serious problem with my laptop and it doesn't seem to be letting me log in, even with my password changing, it also cant let me start up my pin and I tried restart+shift and all the options there but they just want my password, even safe mode. I really...
  5. I have a serious problem

I have a serious problem: Hello, I have a very serious problem with my laptop and it doesn't seem to be letting me log in, even with my password changing, it also cant let me start up my pin and I tried restart+shift and all the options there but they just want my password, even safe mode. I really...
  6. I have a serious problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. I have a serious problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a serious problem.: Hello, somy laptop has a problem, everytime it heats up it lags when its cold the pc runs fineand my friends told me that the laptop's fan is automatic-ly opened when the tempreture is high and it make noise buti dont hear my fan does it need me to clean it? or it needs an...
  8. I have a serious problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a serious problem.: Hello, somy laptop has a problem, everytime it heats up it lags when its cold the pc runs fineand my friends told me that the laptop's fan is automatic-ly opened when the tempreture is high and it make noise buti dont hear my fan does it need me to clean it? or it needs an...
  9. I have a serious problem.

10. Any Network Gurus here -- What is this !!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any Network Gurus here -- What is this !!: deleted -- posted duplicate --keyboard !!!!!! 154103