Windows 10: Any successful method for recovering from bad windows update?

Discus and support Any successful method for recovering from bad windows update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is probably the 3rd time a windows update has messed up a computer for me. I have not been able to successfully recover without wiping out my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarenSaxena, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Any successful method for recovering from bad windows update?

This is probably the 3rd time a windows update has messed up a computer for me. I have not been able to successfully recover without wiping out my data or getting a new computer. If anyone has advice or links to articles that my be helpful, I would really appreciate it.

Right now, I can see that my hard drive still has stuff on in through the command prompt which I can get to through the blue "recovery" screen that has a lot of options of things to try, but none that seem to work. I am reluctant to try the "remove everything" option since I'm not sure if it will reinstall windows as it was before and it will definitely wipe out my files though they are backed up externally and on onedrive - although onedrive can be flakey if you try to restore to an empty drive.

It seems if all the files are there, I should be able to recover without doing something drastic, but it won't let me into safe mode either. Please help!

Karen

:)

KarenSaxena, Jul 2, 2020

2. How to: Recover from bad flash with no secondary card or onboard.

Step 1: Turn your PC on normally.
    Step 2: Press f8 and go into safe mode.
    Step 3: When you're in safe mode, go into device manager and disable your video card.
    Step 4: Restart computer(don't go into safe mode).
    Step 5: Flash your card like you normally do.
    Step 6: Go into device manager and enable your video card.
    Step 7: Restart pc and it will work.
    I found this method when I flashed my 4870 and restarted pc by accident. This method worked for me when I was using a ATI card, can someone confirm that this method works for Nvidia cards.

I posted this on OCN and I might as well post it on this forum to help out others.

fadedmemories, Jul 2, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Any successful method for recovering from bad windows update?

Installing Windows Vista/7 Via flash drive (Mussels Method)

Thread updated with a newer method that allows multiple windows OS's on the one USB. nice little windows GUI, but a few more steps than the old method.

This method supports XP.

Mussels, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Any successful method for recovering from bad windows update?

1. Any successful method for recovering from bad windows update? - Similar Threads - successful method recovering

2. Can't update windows from any method at all - Install error - 0x800700b7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update windows from any method at all - Install error - 0x800700b7: I can't update windows at all, everytime I update and it's halfway or done installing it says Install error - 0x800700b7.I can't even install windows from downloading it manually from the websiteI've already tried sfc /scannow and dism check toolI already tried stopping...
  3. Can't update windows from any method at all - Install error - 0x800700b7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't update windows from any method at all - Install error - 0x800700b7: I can't update windows at all, everytime I update and it's halfway or done installing it says Install error - 0x800700b7.I can't even install windows from downloading it manually from the websiteI've already tried sfc /scannow and dism check toolI already tried stopping...
  4. Unable to use any troubleshoot methods for BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use any troubleshoot methods for BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: HiI was using my laptop when I put it to sleep briefly. After coming back, when I tried starting the system, it would not open. I forced it to shut down then restarted the system. However, I ran into an error, BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. Since then, the PC just keeps restarting....
  5. Unable to use any troubleshoot methods for BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Unable to use any troubleshoot methods for BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: HiI was using my laptop when I put it to sleep briefly. After coming back, when I tried starting the system, it would not open. I forced it to shut down then restarted the system. However, I ran into an error, BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. Since then, the PC just keeps restarting....
  6. Unable to use any troubleshoot methods for BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No audio input from any method on laptop with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio input from any method on laptop with windows 11: I have spent the last 3 hours trying to fix this, I haven't been able to use my microphone in months. If I connect a headset it detects no mic activity, if I use the built in mic It detects no activity, I even tried running my headset through an xbox controller and that...
  8. No audio input from any method on laptop with windows 11

No audio input from any method on laptop with windows 11: I have spent the last 3 hours trying to fix this, I haven't been able to use my microphone in months. If I connect a headset it detects no mic activity, if I use the built in mic It detects no activity, I even tried running my headset through an xbox controller and that...
  9. Recommended backup method for recovering from the system drive breakdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recommended backup method for recovering from the system drive breakdown: Hi,See the page Recovery options in Windows → Windows 10 → "Use a recovery drive to restore or recover your PC" at the end of page, the 3rd to last.The questions:Does that method work in a situation where the system drive has failed and replaced with a new one blank?If it...
  10. Is This a FULLY Reliable Method to Recover from Ransomware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is This a FULLY Reliable Method to Recover from Ransomware?: Hello Everyone, I have lately read several websites that talk about the possible destruction of my computer resulting from a ransomware infection . . . which made me wonder if the method I have long expected to use would Actually be reliable! So I would really appreciate...