Windows 10: Any such thing as a noise gate that I can setup for my microphone?

Discus and support Any such thing as a noise gate that I can setup for my microphone? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I do gaming with my friends from the Xbox console companion app, however they tend to get annoyed because my keyboard switch sounds tend to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stratguy98, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Any such thing as a noise gate that I can setup for my microphone?

Hey guys, I do gaming with my friends from the Xbox console companion app, however they tend to get annoyed because my keyboard switch sounds tend to cut right through into the mix and I was wondering if there was such thing as setting up an overally noise gate through the system to avoid them picking up this type of thing?

Thanks

submitted by /u/stratguy98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stratguy98, Nov 21, 2020
  2. kirillkh Win User

Better microphone noise suppression in Windows 10?

Having acquired a new and supposedly good microphone (ModMic), I noticed that I'm still hearing a lot of noise in the recording - about as bad as with my old cheap microphone. I now think the reason is the quality of the sound card (it's the on-board sound card on Asus Z170 PRO GAMING motherboard). For the record, I hear very similar results from both microphone ports (front and rear). My microphone boost setting is at zero and the gain is at 100%, but I also tried different settings with similar results.

I tried to use two noise suppression tools:

1. The "Noise suppression" checkbox in Microphone Properties -> VoizReal Exp tab. This helps, but some background noise remains and it seems the voice is clipped.
    2. The "Noise suppression" filter in OBS Studio. This works much better. No noise remains, and the voice quality is comparatively good.

The question is is it possible to apply a filter like (2) system-wide and not just in OBS Studio.

kirillkh, Nov 21, 2020
  3. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Any such thing as a noise gate that I can setup for my microphone?

Microphone problem Windows (8/10)

Hi,

To resolve your microphone issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + S then type Speech Recognition on the search bar.
    • Click Set up microphone and follow the Microphone setup wizard.
    • When you reach Adjust the microphone volume, please note if the volume bar moves from yellow to red.
    • Once the Setup wizard is complete, we can check if the microphone works properly. We can eliminate hardware problem from the possible causes of the issue. Please check to if the issue persists in the Third-party software.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Any such thing as a noise gate that I can setup for my microphone?

1. Any such thing as a noise gate that I can setup for my microphone? - Similar Threads - such thing noise

2. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  3. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  4. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone loud noises: Hi. Recently bought a HyperX quadcast S, it worked fine until it started doing a weird noise, almost earrape. So i sent it back and bought another one: same thing happened. I have proof here: https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardCrazyWaffleTwitchRPG-u2ntiedz9edWrNrc...
  6. Microphone loud noises

Microphone loud noises: Hi. Recently bought a HyperX quadcast S, it worked fine until it started doing a weird noise, almost earrape. So i sent it back and bought another one: same thing happened. I have proof here: https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardCrazyWaffleTwitchRPG-u2ntiedz9edWrNrc...
  7. can not download any thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not download any thing: hiI have been trying to download things from the Microsoft store but it keeps saying an error has occurred my internet is fine as anything I search up, works.Xbox does not work as in when I try to play it kicks me outplus my PC also does not want to update it says we have...
  8. can not download any thing

can not download any thing: hiI have been trying to download things from the Microsoft store but it keeps saying an error has occurred my internet is fine as anything I search up, works.Xbox does not work as in when I try to play it kicks me outplus my PC also does not want to update it says we have...
  9. can not download any thing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to turn off Microsoft noise gate

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off Microsoft noise gate: Hi, I have a headset that I use on my computer and every time I try and use it on my computer it adds really heavy noise suppression. This effect is completely independent to the Enhancements I can add in the sounds menu. The only way I can seem to bypass it is by downloading...