Windows 10: Any thoughts on what could cause this crash/why it fixed itself?

Discus and support Any thoughts on what could cause this crash/why it fixed itself? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Last night I'm pretty sure the last thing I did was watch a movie and then switch off my laptop. Today I go to switch it on, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Magnatolia, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Any thoughts on what could cause this crash/why it fixed itself?

Hi everyone,

Last night I'm pretty sure the last thing I did was watch a movie and then switch off my laptop. Today I go to switch it on, and it kept crashing. Was able to get past the login screen, I could click on everything on the desktop but the main task bar was broken (spinning circle). If I right clicked nothing happened except even the desktop broke/froze. It was like life would spark into it every couple of seconds because my download speed monitor would update then freeze. It would also once or twice go completely black with just the mouse cursor.

Went into safe mode, uninstalled a few programs I installed a few days ago, disabled a few startup items that I installed a while ago. Froze again, went to the black screen, then about 2 minutes later went back to Windows, and this time, while nothing was clickable some of my standard start ups loaded but everything was super slow. I couldn't click on anything but the mouse cursor had changed the background activity one. After about 3 minutes everything appears back to its usual self.

I did run the boot logging but I dont' know where to go to find the results. Is there any built-in tool that can show me the activity that might have caused the problem?

Thanks everyone!

:)

Magnatolia, Dec 11, 2016
  2. JAMAJ79 Win User

SurfaceBook is automatically shutting down in Windows 10

Original Title: SurfaceBook auto shutdown

I have the SurfaceBook and I noticed that it is automatically shutting down on its own and causing me to lose my work. I have sleep turned off and no hibernation set. I go away for an hour or so and then I come back and the machine is completely off.

Any thoughts on why this could be happening and what settings I could adjust to fix this?

JAMAJ79, Dec 11, 2016
  3. Boykin Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer crash

I have waited to report what was causing my crash because every time I thought I had it fixed and told someone, the problem would come back. It has been over a week since the last crash. It was crashing daily.

My crash was caused by my eSATA external HD. I took the HD out of the enclosure and put it in a HD dock and I have not had anymore problems.

Boykin, Dec 11, 2016
  4. Any thoughts on what could cause this crash/why it fixed itself?

As usual if all fails you should reset your PC. I know it's a pain, and I hoped you backed up everything since you can't stay on the PC for long enough.

redninjaelias7, Dec 11, 2016
Thema:

Any thoughts on what could cause this crash/why it fixed itself?

1. Any thoughts on what could cause this crash/why it fixed itself? - Similar Threads - thoughts cause crash

2. What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...: Does anyone know what could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it.I know alot of people experience black screen too, but in my case i think its not just the chrome black screen bug, maybe my display is faulty?This problem appears fairly frequentranging from once...
  3. What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...: Does anyone know what could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it.I know alot of people experience black screen too, but in my case i think its not just the chrome black screen bug, maybe my display is faulty?This problem appears fairly frequentranging from once...
  4. What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  6. What could cause this crash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What could cause this crash?: So i have had my a Alienware x17 r1 for maybe a year. Started off good. Then it started crashing few months back. I took it back to where i purchased and they sent if off. 2 weeks later i pick it up. They said that "we dont kn9w what youre expericing, everything ran perfect...
  7. What could cause this crash?

8. Any thoughts on what could be causing this line?? The laptop is only a couple months old...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any thoughts on what could be causing this line?? The laptop is only a couple months old...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/medic713 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdzc1l/any_thoughts_on_what_could_be_causing_this_line/
  9. Any ideas on what this could mean and how could I fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ideas on what this could mean and how could I fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/motyl_emanuel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnaxib/any_ideas_on_what_this_could_mean_and_how_could_i/
  10. What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

What could be causing this crashing and freezing.: I have had frequent 1-3 times a day freezing of video and audio, and for the past few months, I have been trying to solve the issue to myself and have not been able to fix it. I've tried dusting my computer, reinstalling windows, and updating my drivers. And now just today,...