Windows 10: Any tips on freeing up disk space on the system drive?

Discus and support Any tips on freeing up disk space on the system drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's getting crowded. I need all my 3D software to be on the 512 ssd because of performance. If I move all vids and pics to d:\ I only free up 20 gigs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hallands, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Any tips on freeing up disk space on the system drive?

It's getting crowded. I need all my 3D software to be on the 512 ssd because of performance. If I move all vids and pics to d:\ I only free up 20 gigs or so. Don't want to use the software Wipe again I think, because it deleted too much of my settings everywhere.

submitted by /u/Hallands
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hallands, Jul 19, 2020

2. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 19, 2020
  3. TaurArian Win User
    Windows 10 free up disk space

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Disk cleanup in Windows 10

• To delete temporary files:

• Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

TaurArian, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Any tips on freeing up disk space on the system drive?

free up disk space

I'm trng to free up disk space in my hard drive to get the new update without damaging any of my system files

CortezDenson, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Any tips on freeing up disk space on the system drive?

1. Any tips on freeing up disk space on the system drive? - Similar Threads - tips freeing disk

2. how to free up disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to free up disk space: how to free up disc space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-disk-space/85f569b4-cb7f-479a-ac1e-b07e10b7ce40
  3. Need to Free Up Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Free Up Disk Space: I am trying to free up disk space. Can I delete a Users folder titled TEMP? ie This PC\Local Disk C \Users\TEMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-free-up-disk-space/5f142a07-7eab-4562-bfd1-5fa82e4e26e8
  4. Free up disk space prompt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free up disk space prompt: Hello I have got a doubt regarding this free up space prompt saying we can't update your device because of low disk space. I want to know that if I go through this prompt and select downloads folder and delete a file by pressing right click delete will the file go to recycle...
  5. we couldn't free up any more disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    we couldn't free up any more disk space: hi, When I go to settings and then storage section and try to clean up temporary files, it states: we couldn't free up any more disk space. It happens 3 out of 4 times. I am using 2004. Did not really happen in previous Windows 10 versions. The message might appear but not 3...
  6. Disk space isn’t freeing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk space isn’t freeing up: Ive had low disc space for two years now but i never got around to fixing it for some reason.I have been trying nonstop to free up disk space ive used disk cleanup ive tried to merge the disks but nothing works please please help i would appreciate it...
  7. Freeing up Disk Space??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeing up Disk Space??: My computer is almost new with almost no programs added. I've also gone through and deleted some unwanted programs. Yet it won't let me add anything new because it says I don't have enough disk space. My sister thinks I may have a virus but I can't even install anti-virus...
  8. Is there any way to free up disk space on HDD?

Is there any way to free up disk space on HDD?: Hello! I have tried to free up some space on my HDD drive. Tried disk defragment, CCleaner, and deleting some files from folders. Even the one with the Windows Settings helped but the space remained about 10GB free. Also deleted some pictures I had on my phone, but I...
  9. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  10. Free up drive space

Free up drive space: I'm in settings trying to remove disk space to Free up drive space and it has been over an hour and still is not done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-up-drive-space/6444bfde-0eb1-4c41-a966-7bf7ca496634"