Windows 10: any unistall from device manager hangs

Discus and support any unistall from device manager hangs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 home, trying to uninstall some devices from the device manager, however, every time I initiate an uninstall it prompts the warning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkBXI, Apr 14, 2020.

1. MarkBXI Win User

any unistall from device manager hangs

I'm using windows 10 home, trying to uninstall some devices from the device manager, however, every time I initiate an uninstall it prompts the warning you are about to uninstall. Click uninstall and it says uninstalling devices and has the screen bar scrolling. At this point it stops doing anything and will scroll with no end unless the task manager is used to force a stop. I've read several other posts about this issue but not a single one has a fix. Can the hang up be fixed and if not and device manager is useless as an uninstall interface, can you accomplish the same uninstalls from the command prompt?

:)

MarkBXI, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Ohboy108 Win User

Device Manager Hangs Windows 10

When I try to access device manager it hangs. It takes longer than usual to display the device list but once it does that list only remains for a few seconds. Then the list collapses into the computer name. After a few seconds the device list expands
    again and then collapses into the computer name again. If I click anywhere I just get a spinning wheel and the title bar says (NOT RESPONDING).

Here are the details from the problem report. Any help would be appreciated.

Source

Microsoft Management Console

Summary

Stopped responding and was closed

Date

‎8/‎19/‎2017 11:41 AM

Status

Report sent

Description

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: mmc.exe

Application Version: 10.0.15063.0

Application Timestamp: c39bfa6e

Hang Signature: 9365

Hang Type: 134217728

OS Version: 10.0.15063.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 936535582ae5d1c22355e757ed042626

Additional Hang Signature 2: 64f4

Additional Hang Signature 3: 64f4c9c22c09fd47eab7161e37a4e15c

Additional Hang Signature 4: 9365

Additional Hang Signature 5: 936535582ae5d1c22355e757ed042626

Additional Hang Signature 6: 64f4

Additional Hang Signature 7: 64f4c9c22c09fd47eab7161e37a4e15c

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 9bd2489c646550184c49b93c48449b34 (129398667084)

Ohboy108, Apr 14, 2020
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

any unistall from device manager hangs What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Apr 14, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    any unistall from device manager hangs [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. any unistall from device manager hangs - Similar Threads - unistall device manager

2. unistall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unistall: HiI uninstalled this program why do i keep getting this notification?thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unistall/c6295b75-abf1-4e51-baa4-3a5de49b3164
  3. How to hide the devices from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide the devices from Device Manager: Dear Sir,We refer to the follow doc to hide the devices from Device Manager, but it seems the Devices still show in the Device Manager even though we've config the the IRP, so how to continue to analyze the...
  4. How to hide the devices from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to hide the devices from Device Manager: Dear Sir,We refer to the follow doc to hide the devices from Device Manager, but it seems the Devices still show in the Device Manager even though we've config the the IRP, so how to continue to analyze the...
  5. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I recently upgrade my whole computer and simply installed my old drive into it. Since my Windows became buggy over the year, I did a reset this PC. My new motherboard has Bluetooth integrated into it but I disappeared from my Windows task bar and settings. It was still in...
  6. Disk Management Hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Management Hangs: Hi, so the problem is I was shrinking my drive to create another partition. Then I accidentally exit disk management, and when Iied to open it again it just says "Connecting to Virtual Disk Service". So then I tried to cancel the shrinking process of the drive in "Defragment...
  7. Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.

Removed a device- cannot find any trace of it in device manager.: I accidentally "removed" my apple airpods from my PC, I meant to disconnect. I cannot find the device anymore. I went to Device Manager, then I downloaded a few third party applications, Ghostbuster and Devmanview, to try to find the airpods. I cannot find anything that...
  8. Device Manager Not Allowing Any Edits

Device Manager Not Allowing Any Edits: I am currently trying to fix a touch issue with my Surface Pro 3 and it requires me to install a new driver. This driver is supposed to be included in the human interaction device but was not there and restarting did not reinstall the device automatically. Therefore, I...
  9. Can’t Update ANY driver in device management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t Update ANY driver in device management: It all began when I got my Logitech g29 driving wheel yesterday and spent hours trying to get it to work with no success. After a while I landed on a video that suggested to update the g29 drivers. After I did and restarted, I found out nothing changed. So I tried to change...
  10. no yellow triangle in Device Manager, but new card hangs system

no yellow triangle in Device Manager, but new card hangs system: My system is Windows 10 Pro 64, updated to 1809. I just bought this 4-port SATA card, https://www.amazon.com/IO-Crest-Cont.../dp/B00AZ9T3OU and plugged it in. The card comes with a driver CD for Win 7-8, by the way. Device Manager does not show any yellow triangles, so that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 uninstall device stuck

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com