Windows 10: Any update on fixing the disappearing mp3 meta data when performing an edit in Windows...

Discus and support Any update on fixing the disappearing mp3 meta data when performing an edit in Windows... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the same issue as this post on here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jubilee_45611, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Any update on fixing the disappearing mp3 meta data when performing an edit in Windows...

I have the same issue as this post on here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/why-is-my-metadata-disappearing/20b0566f-a52d-420e-b0fd-8766cbda46cc Where any edit of change of the metadata results in it being erased.

I know I can use a third party software to do the task, but When it worked I was happy just using windows Explorer.

The post was in 2017, A reply from a Microsoft agent said

"It is for us to isolate if the root cause is within the system" I wonder if they had any luck, and is a fix on the way?

thanks

:)

Jubilee_45611, Apr 17, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?

Hi, works for me- e.g. deleting album name in mp3tag, then viewing that via properties, the album name had vanished as expected.

However, I have a program called File Metadata
    File Metadata - Home

Any update on fixing the disappearing mp3 meta data when performing an edit in Windows... [​IMG]

which amongst other things enables Properties to do more for more file types:

Any update on fixing the disappearing mp3 meta data when performing an edit in Windows... [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Bansaw Win User
    Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?

I have a program that changes meta data in MP3 files. I use it to change certain fields, and it works.

However, afterwards when I right click the the MP3 file and choose Properties->Details, it shows no change. But when I open the same MP3 file in an audio program (eg. Audacity) and look at the tags, it shows the change has been made. Is this a bug in Windows?
    (This happens on a few PCs, not just one. And I did run sfc /scannow)

Bansaw, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Any update on fixing the disappearing mp3 meta data when performing an edit in Windows...

FLV with meta data fix to MP3 batch convert?

It's me again Margret...aheh aheh....
    LOL

Anyway I am using FLV/Media utility and MediaHuman Converter to trans code my FLV local talk radio stream recordings to MP3 sometimes the header or meta data is a bit whack so MediaHuman can not convert them neither can media coder for that matter. Is there anything that can do it in an all in one process and not be dived up into this program and that program?

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Any update on fixing the disappearing mp3 meta data when performing an edit in Windows...

1. Any update on fixing the disappearing mp3 meta data when performing an edit in Windows... - Similar Threads - update fixing disappearing

2. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit details on MP3: HiPlease advise how to enable editing on an MP3Why is it that some MP3 file's property details can be entered/changed and not others?I've compared one that I can't and one that I can and can't see anything that's different, except the details locked on one and not the...
  3. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit details on MP3: HiPlease advise how to enable editing on an MP3Why is it that some MP3 file's property details can be entered/changed and not others?I've compared one that I can't and one that I can and can't see anything that's different, except the details locked on one and not the...
  4. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do we edit WAV meta data/details?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do we edit WAV meta data/details?: I've seen in forums and articles the "experts" just say, "You can't!" but..... some of my WAV files have different meta data/details from others so, there must be a way to edit this. For example, I'm trying to finalize my album and zip it but I want the details to look...
  6. WMP meta data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP meta data: Hi I have a question on why WMP seems to change meta data inconsistently. What is happening is: - I will go through the effort of updating a song's metadata (clicking on "Find Album Info") - The data will change, including the file name as per the settings in WMP and sorting...
  7. Editing MP3 Properties

Editing MP3 Properties: When editing a File Name in an MP3 file, the system deletes the Title property. When editing any property in a group of files, the system deletes all Title values. This is a new problem since the last update. I have over nearly 200,000 MP3 files and have been editing...
  8. any addins or workarounds to view PDF meta data in file explorer?

any addins or workarounds to view PDF meta data in file explorer?: We would like a way to show our .pdf meta data in file explorer. Is there a reliable add in or some other work around we can use in Windows 10 file explorer to show this? Thank you...
  9. FLV with meta data fix to MP3 batch convert?

in Windows 10 Support
    FLV with meta data fix to MP3 batch convert?: It's me again Margret...aheh aheh.... LOL Anyway I am using FLV/Media utility and MediaHuman Converter to trans code my FLV local talk radio stream recordings to MP3 sometimes the header or meta data is a bit whack so MediaHuman can not convert them neither can media...
  10. Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer not showing change in MP3 meta tag data...?: I have a program that changes meta data in MP3 files. I use it to change certain fields, and it works. However, afterwards when I right click the the MP3 file and choose Properties->Details, it shows no change. But when I open the same MP3 file in an audio program (eg....