Windows 10: any update on Windows 10 1903 cant connect to shared drives

Discus and support any update on Windows 10 1903 cant connect to shared drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft Surface with Windows 10 recently updated to v 1903 build 18362.476 ANd another tablet running same build of OS CANNOT connect to shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stepic7SP, Nov 24, 2019.

1. stepic7SP Win User

any update on Windows 10 1903 cant connect to shared drives

Microsoft Surface with Windows 10 recently updated to v 1903 build 18362.476

ANd another tablet running same build of OS

CANNOT connect to shared device which is otherwise seen by other computers running Windows 7

I wonder is there any update to answer NOT working or Complex for a newcomer
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...k-shared/7b4554f0-dbb5-43d0-94ae-2b09a1e0dda6

thanks

:)

stepic7SP, Nov 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 1903 cant connect to our network shared drives.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error message that you get when connecting using Map Drive?
    2. What is the error message that you get when accessing the Network Share drives?
    3. Is the computer connected to any Domain Network?
    4. What changes were made to the Group Policy in 1809 Version?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to access the Shared Drives.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

• Press the Windows and R Keys > Type
      Regedit > Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following key from the left pane.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ System

• Right-click on System > Click on
      New > DWORD.
    • Give the DWORD name as EnableLinkedConnections and the
      Value data to 1.
    • Click on OK > Restart the computer once and check if the issue persists.

If the computer is not connected to Domain Network, then I suggest you to please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and reply to us to help you further.

If the computer is connected to any Domain Network, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals, who are well equipped with the knowledge
    on Network Share Drives on the domain-related computers.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 24, 2019
  4. RodMSC3# Win User

Can't connect to shared network drive

Here is the answer to your questions below:

The only change that was done to the computers before the problem began was the Windows update. All of the computers now have Windows 10 Version 1803 (Build 17134.228).

I tried the Network & Sharing Center steps you suggested below. However, four out of the five computers including the host of the shared drives do not have the Power Management tab in the Configure window. They only have General, Advanced, Driver, Details,
    and Events tabs.

I was very hopeful that your suggestion about the turn off to save power setting would be the solution. What's next?

Rod

If you're able to remember, can you tell us the last changes that were done before the issue happened (Update, software installation, ETC)? What is the current exact version of your Windows 10? To check:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.

Meanwhile, please perform the following:

1. Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    2. At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    3. Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    4. Click the Configure... button.
    5. Go to Power Management tab.
    6. Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".
    7. Restart the PC (Important)

Please feel free to get back, so we can continue.

RodMSC3#, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. any update on Windows 10 1903 cant connect to shared drives - Similar Threads - update 1903 cant

2. Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10: Hello Today I tried accessing a shared folder I have in my network from my Windows 10 personal computer. I was able to do it last week but now I'm getting username or password error. I'm able to access it from my job Windows 10 laptop. I have tried several how-to...
  3. Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.

Cannot connect to any network shares after Windows 10 2004 Update.: Hello, I seem to not be able to connect to any shares on my local network immediately after the 2004 update. I get "Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.100". The share in question is a samba share on an Ubuntu Server PC which I can access just fine through my laptop which is...
  4. Cant update to windows 10 -1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant update to windows 10 -1903: Im at windows 1803 for a while now, since everytime I update this happens Windows could not configure one or more system components, to install windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation Also: Whenever I try to defrag my pc or install geforce...
  5. cant share any folder/drive from my pc to my network

cant share any folder/drive from my pc to my network: i just made a new clean installation of windows (version 1909) and now for some reason i cant share anything on my network. i have an dune hd b1 mediaplayer connected to my network which i always used for accessing my shared files from my computer but i get the message "cant...
  6. Shared Drive connection error

Shared Drive connection error: I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro with an external hard drive connected to back up onto. I also have a laptop that I want to be able to access the external hard drive. I have shared the documents folders from each computer which I am able to access. When I share the...
  7. Cant update to 1903 features.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update to 1903 features.: Receive 1901 error code, unable to update one or more components. Update fails and system goes back (uninstalls) Lenovo machine. Updated drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-to-1903-features/027c4ab5-141d-4598-a13d-81108e91385f
  8. Yesterday after clean update to Windows 10 1903 cant see any NAS network shares

Yesterday after clean update to Windows 10 1903 cant see any NAS network shares: Hello, 1) Before I had access to folders on my home network NAS WDMyCLoud. I got errors to update to Win 10 1903, so finally made a clean update with the Microsoft tool. After the installation Windows 10 1903 works, but in "network" I can only see the NAS as "Storage (1)...
  9. Windows 10 1903 cant connect to our network shared drives.

Windows 10 1903 cant connect to our network shared drives.: We been on windows 10 v 1809 and network shared drives have been set with group policy and working fine. But when using the new v 1903 we cant see them. They wont connect using map drive either. any thoughts or anyone else having same issue?...
  10. Build 9226 - cant connect to shares?

Build 9226 - cant connect to shares?: Just upgraded to the latest build and find I can no longer connect to any samba shares. It worked fine on the previous build. Seems to be a common problem - anyone found a solution yet? "The account is not authorized to login from this station" - Microsoft Community...