Windows 10: Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?

Discus and support Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I read with interest the thread by teachermark about installing Windows 10 on his netbook and it got me thinking about the same to mine. My 2012 ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by starchase, Jun 14, 2021.

1. starchase Win User

Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?

I read with interest the thread by teachermark about installing Windows 10 on his netbook and it got me thinking about the same to mine. My 2012 ASUS Eee PC 1012C with the Dual core Intel Atom N2600, 1600 MHz w/ 1 GB ram. It came with Windows 7 Starter but that made the machine pretty useless. I bought the netbook for my wife but there wasn't much she could do with it. I soon put a Linux distro PeppermintOS on it and that made it useful. While I like the Peppermint system there are the limitations that Windows users like me find - software choices. Plus I'm using my desktop PC and my HP Spectre machine. Reading some of the posts here about people installing Windows 7 and 10 on these netbooks, I'm not seeing (or maybe comprehending is more likely) the steps one would take since my situation is just that I had done a clean install of Peppermint some years ago removing Windows 7 Starter in the process obviously. I don't know if any trace of it would still be recorded in the BIOS so I don't know if I can even get to a Windows installation. I tried downloading a Win10 iso, and tried to see if Microsoft recognized my 7 Starter key, but MS failed to recognize it, hinting that it is an expired media or something. Anyway, someone out there in 10Forums Land may know about these things to suggest I'm without hope or what the possibilities are. Many thanks! John

:)

starchase, Jun 14, 2021

2. Windows 7 Starter Edition In Netbook

Dear Community,

I have a netbook with Windows 7 Starter Edition and 1 GB of RAM, it started running very slow. I have not installed any Windows updates since January 2016. I tried to download Windows updates but the netbook
    will not download any updates to install. The Wi-Fi connection is OK as I can log on MSN and Bing. I did use the Performance Troubleshooter, and it provided a list of background programs running at start-up, I only disabled one of the programs as I do not
    know what the function is for other programs.

How can I download and install the latest updates for Windows 7 Starter Edition on this netbook?

How can I improve the performance speed on this netbook?

Thank You,

Paul

paulwayne317, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Mv G Win User
    Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 from a windows 7 starter edition on a netbook?

OT: Dear MS.

Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 from a windows 7 starter edition on a netbook?

4. Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?

Unable to update to Windows 10 from my Windows 7 Starter Edition Netbook

I have an Asus Netbook which came with a licensed version of Windows 7 Starter Edition. Unlike my other 2 desktops and a Laptop with Win 7, I never saw the Windows 10 Update logo on my Netbook. I searched thru possible solutions and ran all the 4 steps
    described in Win10fix_full.bat but I still can not see the Windows 10 update logo.

Do I have to download the .ISO file and install manually ?

Gautam2404, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?

1. Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Path Starter

2. Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  3. Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Starter: Ganhei um notebook Dell N4020, que veio com w 10 instalado, está com 8gb de memoria ram, porém muito lento, e de fabrica seria Windows 7 Starter, Tentei baixar a imagem ISO no site da Microsoft e não consegui, alguém pode me ajudar por favor....
  4. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  5. Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset Asus Netbook with Windows 7 Starter: I found an old Asus netbook with Windows 7 Starter, and I don't remember my password. I don't use it anymore, so I would like to do a factory reset and then give the netbook to someone who might enjoy it. I have tried rebooting it into recovery mode, but it is still requiring...
  6. Windows 7 upgrades to Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 upgrades to Win10: Our system is Win 7 and we want to upgrade it to Win 10. But our IT said that our PC didn’t stick with Win 10 image and didn’t purchase any Win 10 license. Last time,we upgraded our another laptop to Win 10 for free. Do we still need to purchase Win 10 license?...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 Starter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 Starter: Hello, I have a Acer Aspire One that has the Windows 7 Starter. It was out of commission for a while and I got it working again. I am trying to update to the new Windows and I am unable to get this started. Can you please direct me to the correct download that I need?...
  8. windows 7 starter netbook

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 7 starter netbook: spec below, will it take W10? THE SPECS Pricing Part Number NP-N110-KA01US Processor Processor type Intel Atom N270 Processor speed 1600.0 MHz Display Display size 10.1 inches Resolution 1024 x 600 pixels External Monitor Interface Integrated Vertical...
  9. Upgrading a netbook

Upgrading a netbook: Currently performing an upgrade on a msi wind u100 running Windows 7. I have a USB key and started the upgrade process. It asked to check for updates and I accepted. Now it's been checking for updates for two hours. Should I just cancel and restart the process? 30848
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 Starter on 32GB Drive?

Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 Starter on 32GB Drive?: I've read that the Windows 10 upgrade process can take up to 32GB, so I'm wondering if it is going to be possible on my netboook. This currently has Windows 7 Starter Edition installed on the 32GB SSD. Is there anything I can do to ease the process? 12508