Windows 10: Any VMWare esxi users here

Discus and support Any VMWare esxi users here in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks. Any ESXI users here -- interested particularly how Windows VM's performs on it. Would prefer people using either at home or in small tests... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Oct 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Any VMWare esxi users here

Hi folks.

Any ESXI users here -- interested particularly how Windows VM's performs on it.

Would prefer people using either at home or in small tests rather than Enterprise shops at work say. Would also be interested if one can manage VM's decently with the Free ESXi version -- managing the VM consoles via RDP / SSL or whatever from another laptop say.

Vsphere / VCenter are expensive and can only be tested for 60 days at a time so I'm interested in getting output from people using the free version -- using another machine say a laptop etc to manage the VM's isn't an issue.

Anybody out there ??

I've a spare HP Proliant Gen 10 microserver with 20 TB of HDD space (2X 6TB, 2X 5TB HDD's) 32GB RAM, AMDX4321 processor (decent 4 core processor) and a 250 GB SSD so it seems ideal machine to test hosting a few VM's on it. Processor also has built in R7 Radeon graphics so graphic card / video output not a problem.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 5, 2018
  2. pparks1 Win User

vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

The vmware esxi hypervisor is free. Advanced features come with a price with vmware. Always has.

pparks1, Oct 5, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Is ESXi Free (including vSphere)?

Hi there

Vsphere client - latest version scroll down the linked page - at bottom.

vSphere Client Download - VIclient Direct Download Links!

Esxi 6.0 (Free) - need to register

Download VMware vSphere

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Any VMWare esxi users here

Any Esxi users here -- Info on Hardware Passthru for Windows VMs

When you used the phrase VMWARE I got confused, VMWare is the company, that make products like ESXI (Server Virtualisation), Player & Workstation (Desktop Virtualisation)

MattWinSlayer, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Any VMWare esxi users here

1. Any VMWare esxi users here - Similar Threads - VMWare esxi users

2. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any advice here?: So about a month ago I was experiencing issues with my PC and eventually had to but a new one, so I did that and now this new W10 PC keeps on freezing up and lagging everytime I try to use it. I heard that I could reset my PC but keep my files. I have MS Paint files that I...
  3. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any advice here?: So about a month ago I was experiencing issues with my PC and eventually had to but a new one, so I did that and now this new W10 PC keeps on freezing up and lagging everytime I try to use it. I heard that I could reset my PC but keep my files. I have MS Paint files that I...
  4. Any advice here?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to install VMWare ESXi in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 News
    How to install VMWare ESXi in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine: [ATTACH]VMware ESXi is an enterprise-class, type-1 hypervisor developed by VMware for deploying and serving virtual computers by integrating vital OS components, such as a kernel; since as a type-1 hypervisor, ESXi is not a software application that can be installed on an OS....
  6. Any GetRight user here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any GetRight user here?: Hello, Windows 10 Home v2004 x64 I am still using GetRight as Download Manager and I love it *Tongue IF Windows remove IE, Does GetRight will stop working? Thanks 163163
  7. Esxi - Linux VM itself running VMWare Workstation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Esxi - Linux VM itself running VMWare Workstation: Hi there @johnnyZ Here's a screenshot of an Arch Linux system running as a VM on ESXI 5.7 (Esxi is the HOST OS) with the arch linux kernel at 5.3.11 and this VM running VMWare workstation -- so in theory your VM's could easily use any VMWare VM images from USB devices while...
  8. Esxi users -- using RAW (physical ) disks in VM's

Esxi users -- using RAW (physical ) disks in VM's: Hi folks those of you who are trying / using Esxi then it;s possible to pass thru (or attach) physical RAW disks to your VM's - so you can attach existing Windows (NTFS) or Linux formatted disks and also RAID configured arrays as RAW disks. For software RAID attach the...
  9. Any Esxi users here -- Info on Hardware Passthru for Windows VMs

Any Esxi users here -- Info on Hardware Passthru for Windows VMs: Hi there. Am thinking of using Esxi on my Server box (microserver) . The advantage is the Host OS is TINY (even fit on a small Micro SD card and runs in a tiny amount of RAM with almost no I/O's). The VM's that can be created all have possibilities of Hardware...
  10. KVM better than vmware workstation and Esxi and NON PROPRIETARY

KVM better than vmware workstation and Esxi and NON PROPRIETARY: Hi there. I got esxi running but not really satisfied with performance and the hassle of controlling VM's from a remote computer. So I decided to re-visit using KVM (can be considered Linux's equivalent to HYPER-V). KVM is free of course (it's part of most Linux distros...