Windows 10: Any way of modding Windows 10 with Mac styles context menu?

Discus and support Any way of modding Windows 10 with Mac styles context menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I really like the UI of Mac computers, but I don't want to switch to one. Does anyone know how to mod a windows 10 machine to have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vithebee, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Any way of modding Windows 10 with Mac styles context menu?

/u/vithebee, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Thanatica Win User

Consolidate context menu styles

The style for context menus need to be consolidated. There are current three different styles:

• Right-click on an empty region of the taskbar: you will get a black context menu with a light border and no icons, which fades in and out.
    • Right-click on a taskbar app button: you will get a black context menu without border but with monotone icons, which slides in and out from the bottom.
    • Right-click on the desktop and most other places: you will get a bright-grey context menu with coloured icons, which fades in and out.

Like I said, there is no need to maintain three different styles for a visual element that is the result of three identical user interactions, only in different places. These three styles come with a virgin installation of Windows 10, which can make it confusing
    to new and upgraded users why the colour and such is suddenly different for essentially the same 'thing'.

To reiterate, differences in:

• Background colour
    • Text colour
    • Border style
    • Hide- and show animation
    • Coloured icons, monotone icons, or no icons

Why not make these the same for every context menu? It's easier to maintain (for Microsoft devs) and easier on the user experience (for your valued customers).

Thanatica, Jan 7, 2021
  3. windows 10 desktop icon context menus

Hi Ramon,

In reply to your questions:

• Asus, not sure of model - 64 bit desktop system, Asus motherboard, Intel E5300 dual-core @ 2.6 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, 600 Gb disk (<80% full).
    • No error messages at all.
    • None of the desktop shortcuts (icons) launch their apps, including old original shortcuts and newer ones. (In other words, all icons' context menus misbehave the same way.)
    • No changes or custom mods... off-the-shelf prebuilt system, stock Windows install. Strictly used for home office functions - no gaming or external hardware hung off the PC.
    Some additional points:

• Note that the Win-X context menu also mostly not working - none of the utilities launch from the choices on the upper 75% of the menu, only system functions (Run, Shutdown, etc.) at the bottom.
    • Also note that context menus work normally elsewhere in the system: like inside File Explorer, and inside the Start Menu.
    • Not aware of any other issues anywhere in my system. Applications run promptly and at normal speed, no unusual hangs or error pop-ups. (BTW, Windows tablet mode is OFF - I checked.)
    • Windows 10 was an upgrade directly from Windows 7.
    • At that time everything worked, including all the desktop shortcut context menus and Win-X.
    • The context menus on the desktop stopped functioning after the Anniversary update... now shortcuts only launch on double-click from mouse.
    • All additional MS updates and patches since that time have successfully installed.
    Thanks for your help.

WarrenClearfield, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Any way of modding Windows 10 with Mac styles context menu?

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Any way of modding Windows 10 with Mac styles context menu? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Any way of modding Windows 10 with Mac styles context menu?

1. Any way of modding Windows 10 with Mac styles context menu? - Similar Threads - modding Mac styles

2. How can I enable context menu with the win10 style in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I enable context menu with the win10 style in windows 11?: How can I enable context menu with the win10 style in windows 11?It is very inconvenient to click one more option, "Show more options", when I need to access functions listed in the old context menu.It lowers my working efficiency quite much....
  3. The old style context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The old style context menu window actions.: Hi, There is a bug: The Paint window is displaying the old style contextual menu for window actions. How to fix it?That does not look very fancy only in the contextual menu for window actions on a Paint window....
  4. The old style context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The old style context menu window actions.: Hi, There is a bug: The Paint window is displaying the old style contextual menu for window actions. How to fix it?That does not look very fancy only in the contextual menu for window actions on a Paint window....
  5. The old style context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. The old style context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mac style autocorrect for windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mac style autocorrect for windows?: Typos intentional, lol I've recently had to start using a windows computer for work, after using a mac for the past few years. I am used to autocorrect being triggered on hitting enter after each word, instead of having to watch a menu of suggestions and manually choose a...
  8. Context menu is not the Windows 10 style.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu is not the Windows 10 style.: Do you remember the classic context menu in Windows? i have it. and it would not change from the registry keys. and i do not believe 3rd party softwares, because they were all unknown publishers. right now, my context menu is in classic style, now i only can wait for a new...
  9. Any EASY way to edit right click context menu?

Any EASY way to edit right click context menu?: I've googled for hours, I have "Easy Context Menu" installed, but it is not "Easy". I just want to take some crap out of the menu and add a couple things. Why should it be so hard? I'd like to use CCleaner, but I know it's not safe. Is there any easy program to use for...
  10. Any way to install windows with Mac?

Any way to install windows with Mac?: My computer is stuck on a blue screen. I talked to a Microsoft help person and he said I needed to reinstall windows completely. He also said that I would need another windows device to do this (because it doesn’t allow me to go back to a reset point or reinstall windows). Is...