Windows 10: Any way to allow manual arrange in Explorer?

Discus and support Any way to allow manual arrange in Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There are some registry hacks floating around but they break Explorer. When was the ability to manually arrange icons taken away? Now when I paste a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/djscoox, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Any way to allow manual arrange in Explorer?

There are some registry hacks floating around but they break Explorer. When was the ability to manually arrange icons taken away?

Now when I paste a file into a folder that already contains potentially hundreds of files, the file initially gets pasted at the end of the file list, but the current sort is applied a fraction of a second later and then I lose track of the file and have to look for it, which is rather inconvenient.

submitted by /u/djscoox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/djscoox, Jul 3, 2020

2. [Windows 10] Desktop Icons move unpredictably when manually arranging them.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why this happens on your desktop is because of an option that needs to be changed before we can arrange our desktop icons manually.

Kindly follow the steps below for us to check:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons and Align icons to grid (If needed).
    • Try rearranging your icons.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 3, 2020
  3. How do you arrange Favorites in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide few details to assist you in better way.

• Are you referring to, how to arrange favorite on Internet Explorer?

• Are you trying to arrange the Windows tiles?
    I suggest you to reply to us with the details description of your issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

For any query related to Windows Operating System, fell free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Any way to allow manual arrange in Explorer?

desktop icon arrangement

Hello,

Kindly further elaborate your concern, to assist you better.

In the meantime, you may follow the step below to see if this would address your concern:

• Right-click on your desktop > Click View.

Note: If you want to manually arrange your desktop icons uncheck Auto arrange icons
    then drag your icons depending on where you want to place them on your desktop. If you want your icons to be aligned to the grid, check
    Align icons to grid.

Let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Any way to allow manual arrange in Explorer?

1. Any way to allow manual arrange in Explorer? - Similar Threads - allow manual arrange

2. How to manually arrange sub/folders in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to manually arrange sub/folders in Windows 10?: Unless I'm totally missing something, maybe it was on XP, I thought I used to be able to do it on 10 also, but maybe not...How can I arrange sub folders in the order I want them? The only option now that seems to be working is one of the embedded options by Name, Type.... If...
  3. How to manually arrange sub/folders in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to manually arrange sub/folders in Windows 10?: Unless I'm totally missing something, maybe it was on XP, I thought I used to be able to do it on 10 also, but maybe not...How can I arrange sub folders in the order I want them? The only option now that seems to be working is one of the embedded options by Name, Type.... If...
  4. How to manually arrange files in file explorer. windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to manually arrange files in file explorer. windows 11: I need to manually arrange some files in a folder but for the life me cant find how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-manually-arrange-files-in-file-explorer/57344bd6-75ad-4b06-9000-9fb068dcb8e9
  5. How to manually arrange files in file explorer. windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to manually arrange files in file explorer. windows 11: I need to manually arrange some files in a folder but for the life me cant find how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-manually-arrange-files-in-file-explorer/57344bd6-75ad-4b06-9000-9fb068dcb8e9
  6. File explorer needs a way to Manually organize files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer needs a way to Manually organize files: I have an SD Card that I am filling with pictures and I want the folders the pictures are in to go like Oc's Hands then Other, Simple right? well I can't make it like that manually Which is what I wanted to do so I had to sort the files by Authors Descending which could...
  7. Microsoft Edge previously allowed apps integrating into File Explorer. Is there any way to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge previously allowed apps integrating into File Explorer. Is there any way to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CloudDocs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi1bsv/microsoft_edge_previously_allowed_apps/
  8. File arrangement on-screen with Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    File arrangement on-screen with Explorer: I originally had this problem on a Win machine and it was solved by someone called Brix??? I need to be able to move a thumbnail of a file (usually of a photo) ini the usual panel in Explorer. But if I drag and drop, the file merely goes back to its original place. Brix...
  9. Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?: Hey, Anybody happen to know how to disable Win 10 auto arranging files in a folder? You can obviously sort them in numerous way, but for certain folders I want to be able to manually rearrange my files (folders that contain music tracks). Apparently in WIn 8.1 you could...
  10. Windows Explorer folder arrangement

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer folder arrangement: Hi- I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and when I am viewing my photo library in Windows Explorer, I can no longer get the photos grouped by month. The "sort by" and "group by" menus are identical (name, date, type, size, ascending, descending, more) as opposed to how it was...