Windows 10: Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?

Discus and support Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a bunch of websites "saved as shortcuts" from Chrome, and pinned to taskbar. But I would like to customize the taskbar icons, e.g., to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ze'ev G, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Ze'ev G Win User

Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]I have a bunch of websites "saved as shortcuts" from Chrome, and pinned to taskbar.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]But I would like to customize the taskbar icons, e.g., to distinguish Outlook Mail from Calendar:[/COLOR]

:)

Ze'ev G, Mar 11, 2021
  2. smerling Win User

Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned to the last open Chrome tab. Now when I click on the pinned Chrome icon a second Chrome icon opens at the end of the taskbar; and if I click on the original pinned Chrome icon an entirely new Chrome window opens. I have posted this issue previously, and the only solution I have received is to move the new Chrome icon into one of the first 10 spots on the Taskbar so it then responds to a Win-Key + number keyboard shortcut. However, not all my pinned programs in the taskbar react like Chrome does. Some do not open a second icon on the taskbar and continue to connect to the instance of the program I have already opened. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

smerling, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?

Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart

This is a strange problem that only occurs on my Windows 10 Home edition (Version 1703 build 15063.250) laptop.

I have always been able to pin Google Chrome to my taskbar without issue. Now when I pin it, the shortcut icon shows up for that session, but dissapears when I restart the computer. No other shortcut does this.

The shortcut is present in the C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar folder. The attached screenshot shows the shortcut is present, but not showing on the taskbar.

Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar? [​IMG]

I normally use StartIsBack, but I disabled it and the shortcut continued to dissapear. I logged on with the Administrator account, same issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

braincramp, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar?

1. Any way to change icons of Chrome shortcuts pinned to taskbar? - Similar Threads - change icons Chrome

2. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?: Hello,I was wondering if there is any way, in windows or through an app, to customize the Icons in the Hidden Taskbar, since some apps have colored Icons and I would just like make all of them Black and white for estathic reasons.Hoping for an answer to this problem <3...
  3. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?: Hello,I was wondering if there is any way, in windows or through an app, to customize the Icons in the Hidden Taskbar, since some apps have colored Icons and I would just like make all of them Black and white for estathic reasons.Hoping for an answer to this problem <3...
  4. Is there any way to change hidden taskbars Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart

Pinned Chrome shortcut not visible on taskbar after restart: This is a strange problem that only occurs on my Windows 10 Home edition (Version 1703 build 15063.250) laptop. I have always been able to pin Google Chrome to my taskbar without issue. Now when I pin it, the shortcut icon shows up for that session, but dissapears when I...
  6. Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts?

Taskbar - Is there a way to Pin a container of shortcuts?: Is there a way to Pin an object to the taskbar that when I clicked it, it would fly out a menu of shortcuts/programs I put in there? Kind of like jump lists for specific programs except it would be a bunch of shortcuts. For work I have a variety of tools I use throughout the...
  7. How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons

How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons: Hi guys, I will try to explain in as much detail about exactly what I am trying to do with minimum confusion. I have 3 chrome internet shortcut icons on my desktop which lead to Netflix, Hulu and Youtube. I would like to change these 3 shortcuts (from the chrome icon)...
  8. Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar: I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned...
  9. Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?: I notice that Chrome icon pinned to taskbar has inconsistent behavior between my Windows 10 Pro installs. (My taskbar is configured for "Taskbar buttons: Never combine", but it makes no difference) 1. On one machine clicking on pinned Chrome icon expands that pinned icon...
  10. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...