Windows 10: Any Way to Change Notepad Background Color?

Discus and support Any Way to Change Notepad Background Color? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any way to change the background color of Notepad from white to black and text to white? 98563 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yahanna, Nov 20, 2017.

1. yahanna Win User

Any Way to Change Notepad Background Color?

Any way to change the background color of Notepad from white to black and text to white?

:)

yahanna, Nov 20, 2017
  2. MBroom Win User

In Windows 10, is there a way to customize an application's window background?

A screen with a white background causes more eyestrain than a screen with a background in a light color. All the more so if, like me, you have any of a number of eye conditions.

How to change default window background color in Windows 10? includes a script for a .theme file that forces a custom window background change in, e.g., Regedit and Notepad, but it has no effect in, e.g., MS Word or
    the file explorer or the Windows 10 Settings windows. Is there a way (there must be one, yes?) to make this kind of change universal -- or at least more widely effective?

MBroom, Nov 20, 2017
  3. Is there any way to change background image of a folder in Windows 10?

Well, it worked. But not in the way I waned. I want background, not thumbnail.

adamski234, Nov 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, as I mentioned in your other thread you can use this tool:
    S.M.A.C.C - Superfly's Mouse Assisted Color Chooser - Windows 10 Forums

This goes some way to replace the missing Advanced Display Options of Win 7, but affects all Windows non-custom programs.

Otherwise you may wish to explore high contrast themes, of which there are plenty of examples in the Customisation section.

dalchina, Nov 20, 2017
  5. yahanna Win User
    Hi dalchina,

Thanks man. I'll look into that.

I want to know if you can tell me how to return to default values in Qtabbar. I want to uninstall it but before I do I want to make sure I return to the original settings I had in windows before I installed it.

yahanna, Nov 20, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Just uninstall it. Also note that on options sheets there is a 'Restore defaults' button

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any Way to Change Notepad Background Color? - Similar Threads - Change Notepad Background

2. Notepad Color Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notepad Color Change: I changed the background color and text color of Notepad in the registry. The problem is that it never lasts. How can this be made permanent?Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-color-change/d073d70d-1446-4b08-8dec-3a9404c41bd8
  3. Notepad Color Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad Color Change: I changed the background color and text color of Notepad in the registry. The problem is that it never lasts. How can this be made permanent?Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-color-change/d073d70d-1446-4b08-8dec-3a9404c41bd8
  4. Notepad Color Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Any way to change this to a less dramatic color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to change this to a less dramatic color?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedPlammer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wl2p5l/any_way_to_change_this_to_a_less_dramatic_color/
  6. Is there any way to automatically change desktop background color when dark mode and light...

Is there any way to automatically change desktop background color when dark mode and light...: Hi thereIs there any way to automatically change the desktop background to a dark color when Windows's dark mode is enabled and automatically change the desktop background to a light color when Window's Light mode is enabled?I am trying to achieve this because I've enabled...
  7. Is there any way to automatically change desktop background color when dark mode and light...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to automatically change desktop background color when dark mode and light...: Hi thereIs there any way to automatically change the desktop background to a dark color when Windows's dark mode is enabled and automatically change the desktop background to a light color when Window's Light mode is enabled?I am trying to achieve this because I've enabled...
  8. Is there any way to automatically change desktop background color when dark mode and light...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Change of Notepad Background Color

Change of Notepad Background Color: How do I change my Notepad Color in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-notepad-background-color/7c5c2ed0-74ec-4b0e-b2d8-b506cacf220f
  10. changing background colors

in Browsers and Email
    changing background colors: I tried to introduce myself in the introductions thread but it was closed. My name is Bev, been here a while but never posted but I need some help. I redid windown 10 on Sunday but can't seem to get the black color off chrome start page. I know it's something with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows notepad black background

2. how to change notepad background color

3. turn notepad to black background

4. notepad black background,
  5. windows 10 notepad background color,
  6. hot to turn notepad background to black,
  7. is there a way to change background color on notepad windows 10,
  8. can you change notepad to black,
  9. any way to change font colour notepad,
  10. windows 10 notepad change background,
  11. how to change background of notepad,