Windows 10: Any way to change the number designation of monitors?

Discus and support Any way to change the number designation of monitors? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I use a Toshiba Dynadock to connect to my monitor from whichever of my 3 NUC's I am using. 2 are Win 7 Pro machines and they work fine, but my new Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by PBzeer, May 4, 2021.

1. PBzeer Win User

Any way to change the number designation of monitors?

I use a Toshiba Dynadock to connect to my monitor from whichever of my 3 NUC's I am using. 2 are Win 7 Pro machines and they work fine, but my new Win 10 Pro (19042.928) pc won't play nice at all. After hours of fiddling and searching, I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is, but ... I've found no way to fix it. And the worst part is, I can't know if that IS the problem, until I can fix it. Whether I have one or two monitors physically connect to the PC (one directly, the other via the Dynadock), it shows two displays (in settings) and the Dynadock monitor is labeled #2. I've made it my primary monitor, tried show only on 2 ... basically every setting available. But as soon as I cold boot, I lose the Dynadock monitor as my active desktop (even if it's the only monitor connected), as the active desktop reverts to Monitor #1. So I need to make the Dynadock monitor #1. I've found no way to do this though. (I did find one method, using the registry to force it to recognize on reboot, but it didn't work for me) So, what I'm looking for is a way to change the numerical designation of the displays shown in Display Settings.

:)

PBzeer, May 4, 2021

2. Any way to change the number designation of monitors?

I am not sure that changing the display for the monitor connected dynadock will work
    However see please arranging your display on this link
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-bec9671f728a

Have you installed the windows 10 drivers for the dynadock
    Obviously I do not know which Dynadock
    Support Home

Alternatively if that does not work you can try this
    Windows Display Properties "Identify" numbers are incorrect – DisplayLink Support

However Make sure you back up the registry first
    AND I cannot guarantee it will work

The registry fix is reported here
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...ect%20location.
    together with another suggested solution
    That is the post on 2 July 2020

Although not with a Dynadock you may find this helpful
    Multiple Display Configuration Options for Intel(R) NUC Kits NUC10i7FN,...

Perhaps change the connection for the monitor you want to be primary display eg if dynadock connection is hdmi and one connected I/O port is DP change them round presuming you can do

Macboatmaster, May 4, 2021
  3. PBzeer Win User

I use a Toshiba Dynadock to connect to my monitor from whichever of my 3 NUC's I am using. 2 are Win 7 Pro machines and they work fine, but my new Win 10 Pro (19042.928) pc won't play nice at all. After hours of fiddling and searching, I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is, but ... I've found no way to fix it. And the worst part is, I can't know if that IS the problem, until I can fix it.

Whether I have one or two monitors physically connect to the PC (one directly, the other via the Dynadock), it shows two displays (in settings) and the Dynadock monitor is labeled #2. I've made it my primary monitor, tried show only on 2 ... basically every setting available. But as soon as I cold boot, I lose the Dynadock monitor as my active desktop (even if it's the only monitor connected), as the active desktop reverts to Monitor #1. So I need to make the Dynadock monitor #1. I've found no way to do this though. (I did find one method, using the registry to force it to recognize on reboot, but it didn't work for me)

So, what I'm looking for is a way to change the numerical designation of the displays shown in Display Settings.

PBzeer, May 4, 2021
  4. PBzeer Win User

I've looked into disabling Fast Startup, but it doesn't show as an option (including unavailable options), through Control Panel. So I don't know what else I can do. I appreciate the suggestions, even if it doesn't sound like it. It never hurts to try something more than once when nothing else is working.

I should note, I live on a 32ft sailboat, so don't have much in the way of room to put stuff. That's why I use NUC's and the Dynadock. I have a 32 bit and 64 bit 5th gen NUC running Win 7 Pro (32 for legacy programs) and now the Win 10, plus NAS on a wired network. All the PC's and NAS are at one end of the boat, while the Dynadock w/monitor, speakers, ext drives and mouse/keyboard are at the other end. So instead of having one PC with multiple monitors, I have one monitor with multiple PC's.

PBzeer, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Any way to change the number designation of monitors? - Similar Threads - change number designation

2. How to change numbered order of monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change numbered order of monitors: Hi all,I've been trying to find a way to change the numbered order of my two monitors for an hour now and I can't find any solutions. To make things clear, I'm NOT looking to change the primary display - that's simple, easy, and I can do that. The problem is that my primary...
  3. Is there any way to change the number of digits the currency calculator displays after the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to change the number of digits the currency calculator displays after the...: At present, the currency calculator does not go beyond the default 2 decimal places. This creates a lot of problems calculating cryptocurrencies. I changed the "No of digits after decimal" to 9 under "currency" and "additional settings", but it still stays at 2. Eg: it will...
  4. Is there any way to change the number of digits the currency calculator displays after the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to change the number of digits the currency calculator displays after the...: At present, the currency calculator does not go beyond the default 2 decimal places. This creates a lot of problems calculating cryptocurrencies. I changed the "No of digits after decimal" to 9 under "currency" and "additional settings", but it still stays at 2. Eg: it will...
  5. Change Monitor number and make it default

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Monitor number and make it default: I recently added a second monitor. Now when I access certain programs it appears on the new monitor EVEN THOUGH THAT MONITOR IS TURNED OFF!. How do I let me know to use the active monitor? FTI I also have Displayfusion installed - - - Updated - - - I recently added a...
  6. Any way to change this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to change this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gran172 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfoy62/any_way_to_change_this/
  7. Is there any way to change the numbers script format into the western arabic numbers ?

Is there any way to change the numbers script format into the western arabic numbers ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bottomtextboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9nztp/is_there_any_way_to_change_the_numbers_script/
  8. any way to change the emojis?

any way to change the emojis?: i don't actually have any problem with microsoft's emojis or anything, i just would prefer to have something like google's noto emojis if there's any possible way? submitted by /u/Funny_Pupper [link] [comments]...
  9. Is it possible to change the number of a monitor?

Is it possible to change the number of a monitor?: Hi everyone I use a dual monitor setup one for gaming and one 12bit hdr panel for productivity. Usually my gaming monitor would be on the right but I've switched the monitors around as I get about 60 fps on all my games anyway so I'd prefer to play them with colour accuracy...
  10. Changing number labels for monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing number labels for monitors: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) I have a setup using 3 monitors, and originally they were numbered correctly (1,2,3, going left-to-right). However, after reformatting my computer, the numbers have changed themselves to be 1,3,2 going left-to-right. [ATTACH] This is very...